A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,726
Currently Running With Scissors:
465 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Blanket I made  (Read 2295 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tinytink84
« on: February 12, 2006 12:52:40 AM »

I made this blanket for my boyfriend's mom for Xmas...

Oh, and I'm new here Smiley  hello all!

Sorry about the poor picture quality.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep."
Scott Adams

"Electricity is actually made up of extremely tiny particles called electrons, that you cannot see with the naked eye unless you have been drinking."
Dave Barry
dogswife
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006 04:09:31 AM »

That is really great! I love the colors. So crisp and clean. Fab job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Live well, laugh often, love much
spurtiic
Jennorific

I made BEST OF 2007 for my frozen bird nest pic!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006 01:12:36 PM »

That's beautiful! What are the colors though?  Burgandy, pink and off-white? Which yarn did you use?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life isn't complete 'til you crochet a uterus for a friend.  Just make sure your fallopian tubes point down and not up! No one needs to lose an eye this way! Wink

I love personal swaps for small stuff (including Hershey Kisses!)! PM me for happy fun rockin' good times!
Tinytink84
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006 03:46:24 PM »

The colors are off white (kind of a cream color) burgundy, and "victorian Rose" (pink, lol).  I used Caron Simply Soft...  I like the way it turned out because it's heavy and warm, but it's also soft and pretty.  I would imagine that the pattern would work with almost any yarn; it's a pretty simple pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep."
Scott Adams

"Electricity is actually made up of extremely tiny particles called electrons, that you cannot see with the naked eye unless you have been drinking."
Dave Barry
Fabric

we are the blood of the beast

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006 06:46:16 PM »

Oooh
It looked yellow and orange and brown at first. 
Don't get me wrong-- I love your colors, but if you do a second one, I hope you'll consider yellow/orange/brown.... I think they'd look awesome  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Inna
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006 06:52:06 PM »

Wow - that is fabulous - how long did it take to make?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Drama llama ding dong
Tinytink84
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2006 08:11:06 PM »

Oooh
It looked yellow and orange and brown at first. 
Don't get me wrong-- I love your colors, but if you do a second one, I hope you'll consider yellow/orange/brown.... I think they'd look awesome  Grin

haha, its all good.  Those colors would look good in this blanket, I just picked the ones that I picked because they were the colors of my boyfriend's mom's room

Wow - that is fabulous - how long did it take to make?

Total time was about 6 months, but I wasnt working on it continually (I took a few weeks off here and there) for those 6 months.  If i'd worked on it continually, it probably would have taken 2-3 months...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scott Adams

Dave Barry
Listener15
Just call me Listy

Keep me away from Craftster will ya! Ha!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2006 09:17:51 PM »

I love the pattern you used here....where did you get it/find it?  Was it very hard? *is such a newbie*  This is a beautiful blanket!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tinytink84
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2006 11:32:40 PM »

I love the pattern you used here....where did you get it/find it?  Was it very hard? *is such a newbie*  This is a beautiful blanket!

Thank you!  This was only the 2nd major crochet project I'd done, so I was pretty happy with it.  The pattern was actually pretty easy.  It came out of one of those little books you fin in craft stores that have 10 or so patterns in them...  I don't know where I put the book, but as soon as I find it I'll let you know what it was.  At first it was confusing, but after a few trials and errors, I figured it out.  And the good thing is that each little square is made individually, so there isnt a lot to crochet at one time... if that makes sense, lol.  I really reccomend this pattern for a beginner, as long as you have the patience to put into it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scott Adams

Dave Barry
Homerof2
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Loving life being a full-time wife

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2006 07:55:39 AM »

Very nice afghan!

I really like the 'raised' look it has.  I assume this was done by joining on the front rather than at the back - am I right?  Did you join with a single crochet?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fashion Week Round-Ups: SXSW Style Guide
Style Battle: Lady Gaga Vs Katy Perry
Top Trends for Spring
VMA 2013 Style Winners and Losers!
Gwyneth Paltrow: Style Wins and Fails
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...