A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 300,904
Currently Running With Scissors:
530 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Valentine Roses  (Read 6357 times)
Tags for this thread: valentine  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Reality

Coastie Wife & Mother

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2006 06:06:45 PM »

did you wrap something around the hershey kisses?  are the glued bottom to bottom? -- flowers are beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
snowflake
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2006 08:42:29 PM »

oops, i forgot to tell you to use a needle size much bigger than recommended.  i used size 10mm needles on both 4-ply and 8-ply yarn to create the different size.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Cougar1
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2006 04:06:28 AM »

10 MM!  Wow, that's  a whopping size 15 US!  No wonder your roses look so big LOL.  Ok, I think I have that size in my tub...will try that out...oh, forgot to ask...which way did you do your increases?  I used the knit in the front and back of each stitch.  Does it matter?  Thanks.  ~Tricia
THIS ROCKS   Logged
snowflake
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2006 05:11:07 PM »

Yap, it can go quite big if u use an 8-ply yarn with the size 10mm needles!  but its fun to see how it work out using different size yarn and needle size.

I increase but knitting in the front and back.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Cougar1
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2006 07:06:07 PM »

I've made two so far...gave the second one away to a lady I know who had to put her dog down, and as she was leaving the pet clinic where I work I put it with the clay pawprint we made of her dog's foot.  For the first rose I grabbed the first ball of scrap yarn that was handy as I went out the door and worked on the first one during break.  The second one I used one size larger needles than the first time and some red yarn I got at the store.
Well crumb...I don't know how to put the pictures from my computer onto here.  The first rose is dark pink and white and the second one is red.  ~Tricia
THIS ROCKS   Logged
snowflake
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2006 08:08:22 PM »

Wow, i can't wait to see!

To post pics, u need to go to the right side bar, and look for "picture hosting".  You need to upload your pics there before u can post in craftsters.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Cougar1
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2006 06:49:26 PM »

Ok I finally made it back...posted the two roses I made...the pink one was my first and the red one was second.  Now when I get a few minutes I will use the larger needles and try another.  Thank you so much for the pattern.  ~Tricia
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should get used to the idea.
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=40056
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=40055
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011 09:05:22 PM by alteredmommy - Reason: removed non working img tags » THIS ROCKS   Logged
-Cougar1
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2006 06:51:35 PM »

Ok that didn't work...let's see if this does
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/5176212.jpg
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/517627.JPG
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011 09:07:01 PM by alteredmommy - Reason: removed non working img tags » THIS ROCKS   Logged
snowflake
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2006 05:22:42 PM »

wow, i love them!  they look better than mine!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Cougar1
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2006 08:25:07 AM »

LOL No they don't!  I think yours are gorgeous. 
I am working on some more with size 13's  this time...didn't find my other needles yet...going to sort out my knitting stuff today so I can have them all in one place.  Do you do a knit cast off on yours or a purl cast off?  I did mine in knit, as I never think to cast off in purl unless a pattern says so.  This is so fun...I even take the petals off some flowers I had left over from other stuff so I can use the stems and leaves for these.  I may even put a drop or two of rose fragrance on them, if I can figure out where I put that also LOL.  Thank you again for sharing the pattern with me.  This gives me something small to take along on errands or trips where I will have some wait time with nothing to do.  ~Tricia
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jennifer Weiner Reads from Best Friends Forever Part 2
Jennifer Weiner Reads from Best Friends Forever Part 1
David A. Kessler Talks About The End of Overeating
ReShonda Tate Billingsley Reveals Her Previous Occupations
Suzy Welch Reveals Who She Admires Most
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...