A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,061
Currently Running With Scissors:
476 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: flowing turqoise mother's outfit  (Read 6489 times)
Tags for this thread: party_dress  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mommabear1963

Life is a Long Lesson in Humility"Isaac Asimov"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2006 08:27:32 PM »

Guess what, I made this pattern and it is the easiest most awsome skirt pattern ever.  It is so simple and looks so elegant, and for curvy women works good because the hem is uneven by design so we don't have that "how do we make the hem look even over our big "belly", "booty" question.  I definately recomend this pattern to everyone. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kitschycoup
Modest Mom

Tim Gunn is MY homeboy!

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2006 05:10:55 AM »

Guess what, I made this pattern and it is the easiest most awsome skirt pattern ever.  It is so simple and looks so elegant, and for curvy women works good because the hem is uneven by design so we don't have that "how do we make the hem look even over our big "belly", "booty" question.  I definately recomend this pattern to everyone. 
What pattern - what pattern?!?!? Do tell do tell!  Grin The suspence is killing me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Being cool is not a competition - It's a cause!!" ~ me

The universe is shaped exactly like the earth. If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were.
mommabear1963

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2006 06:37:07 AM »

for those of you that have asked, the skirt is McCalls 4456 and super easy with some cute variations, I recommend this pattern especially if you are tired of the straight hemline:

the pattern on page one of this thread, the one that the turqoise skirt is made of.  Try it you'll like it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kitschycoup
Modest Mom

Tim Gunn is MY homeboy!

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2006 06:46:24 AM »

Sorry, I was being "slow".  Shocked
Did I mention that I got a sewing machine? You gave me the last final push I needed! I got a cheepo from Hell Mart andI am in hog heaven. It has been frustrating, but I think I am getting the hang of it.
I will check out this skirt patten and report back to you. THANKS & Thanks!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Being cool is not a competition - It's a cause!!" ~ me

The universe is shaped exactly like the earth. If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were.
Kandistar
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2011 11:17:45 AM »

I know that I am bringing up a really really old post but I have been going through old posts on the forum and I wanted to tell you that this dress is amazing!  I can't sew, I look on this particular part of the forum to get ideas on how to wear clothes. I get frustrated sometimes with dressing my size)  I wish there would be someway for someone to make this dress for me although the pattern probably doesn't exist anymore.  I have really low self esteem resulting from the weight gain I have had from medication and this dress would make me feel like a butterfly.  Just saying this dress is beautiful!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iloveskirts

You can never have enough fabric!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2011 05:36:49 PM »

Beautiful outfit!  I love it!

For the women asking about color analysis - I had mine done by Amway.  I think they still do them.  They aren't cheap - they run about $80 or so.  The results you get are much more in depth than what you can get online, but the free online tests are still basically pretty accurate.

Here are some online free sites that do a decent job - remember when they ask for hair color to give them your natural color.  That's important.
http://trepanrr.tripod.com/personal_color_palettes.htm
http://www.colormebeautiful.com/seasons/

If you get to the point where you're not sure about cool or warm, remember that if you look at your inner wrist area and you see that your blood vessels look greenish under your skin, that is an indicator that you are a warm person and thereby either a spring or an autumn.  Those of us with vessels that look blue are cool, which means either summer or winter. 

Blue or most hazel eyes - cool
Brown or green eyes - warm

The one thing I saw that I remembered gave my analyst a hard time was they say if you have red or gold in your hair then you're warm and not cool.  Well, I was a strawberry blonde as a kidlet but I'm cool.  I'm a summer.  We weren't really sure, though, until almost the end of the analysis that this was the one for sure.  It was touch and go for a while. 

Lots of folks can do the online analysis and they'll be fine with the results.  If you struggle, though, remember the blood vessel guidelines I gave you.  The vessel colors and the eye color will help.  If it's really important to you, there are still places that will send an analyst to your home to do your personal analysis.  I know we had a home party and all we had to do for the analysis to be free for everyone was for each person to spend a certain amount on cosmetics - this way the analyst earned enough to compensate her for her time and knowledge. 

I hope this helps.

Now....I want the pattern for that top.  It probably wouldn't fit me, though.  I don't have large enough boobage to do it justice.  Maybe I can come up with a decent likeness, though.

Trisha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't ask God to bless what you're doing.  Instead, find what He's blessing and do that!
He who calls, equips
He who leads, feeds
He who guides, provides
mommabear1963

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2012 05:21:57 PM »

Kandistar and iloveskirts, thank you for the compliments.  I was surprised to see this thread so far forward after not looking at this group for awhile.  I still love this outfit.  I have lost weight though and the top does not work so well but I love the skirt and still wear it with other tops.  I will look for the top pattern and give  you the number, I am also open to swaps...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Avoid Bad Hair Extensions
Why Wearing Tight Ponytails Is Harmful to Your Hair
How to Wear a Drag Queen Wig
How to Maintain a Wig
How to Wear a Wig
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...