A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,074
Currently Running With Scissors:
613 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Kamloops Craftster Get-Together/Potluck?  (Read 2965 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tara1979
They Saved My Life...

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2006 06:35:06 PM »

Would anyone be interested in meeting other locals? I talked with hubby, and we both think it would be great to meet each other over a nice potluck meal Smiley I don't mind hosting if everyone is ok is kitties & an old mutt Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
apple
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006 03:07:35 PM »

Hi Tara
I don't live in Kamloops ( i live in Abbotsford) but we are thinking of moving to Kamloops. So I am wondering about the town, its nice to hear things from a local, the city info sites are great but they of course are completely biased.  Smiley
I have 2 young kids, and I am wondering what the population is like, are there many young families? I have noticed that there is a fine arts school, that looks great.
We are hoping to visit this spring to check it all out. My husband has been there working and will likely be back there again, he really liked it. So thanks, and I hope to hear back from you , ap
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tara1979
They Saved My Life...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006 04:44:40 PM »

Hi apple, yes there are many young families here. Do you know what area your hubby is working? We live on the North Shore. We have about...hmm...90,000 people here. The population is spread over a large area, very spread out. I like it here (I lived in Chilliwack for 2 years, and prefer it here).

If you'd like, you can email me privately at longtobemom@gmail.com and I can give you more info. You can also check out www.kamloopscanada.net (hubby's site), it's a kamloops directory, and of course my hubby will be able to answer more questions about Kamloops Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tara1979
They Saved My Life...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006 11:19:39 PM »

So is no one interested in a meet-up?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
apple
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006 02:21:33 PM »

hi Tara
I would get together with you if we lived there! I love that the idea of sitting around talking about crafty stuff. We are thinking of coming to Kamloops during spring break sometime. Maybe we could meet for a coffee?
I am interested in what kind of thrift stores there are, craft supplies, art stores, etc.. I would hate that I would be trapped there in the winter without a  junk store to rumage through.  Smiley take care, I hope you find someone to potluck with, it sounds like fun. ap
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tara1979
They Saved My Life...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2006 02:24:06 PM »

Thanks apple! I would love to get together for coffee whenever you come out Smiley BTW, did you get my email regarding Kamloops? I will start putting together a list of various stores here so you have an idea when you visit Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
apple
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2006 02:27:06 PM »

hey thats great! can't wait to come out there. Yes I did get the kamloops site, that is great, your husband does like his town to put all that effort into promoting it like that.
thanks again, ap
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tara1979
They Saved My Life...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2006 02:28:36 PM »

Great! Lol, yeah he surely loves Kamloops Tongue Every day our conversations at some point head towards "Well, I could put this onto the site, and promote that on there", lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
apple
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2006 02:40:26 PM »

how does he feel about it becoming the up and coming place to live? does he think it'll ruin the smallness of it? I have heard on CBC that they estimate that 16 000 new homes to built in the next year. Thats alot of new people in town. Abbotsford is bursting at the seams and its gets crazy as far as traffic.(housing prices too)  But its saving grace is that it so close to Vancouver.  Smiley
well I hope that subdivisions are planned with greenspace in mind, that was a big mistake here,  big chuncks of land clearcut and these homes crowded all together, it has been a real eyesore in someplaces. well anyway... I know the place my aunt just moved into there has a green belt in the back , I look forward to seeing it. ciao, ap
THIS ROCKS   Logged
violet, flashing

underrated, the wisdom of squirrels...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2006 04:34:33 PM »

Hi, I'm relatively new to craftster and I'm discovering how super fantastic it is. Just came across this thread.
I recently moved to the North Thompson area (think Barriere) from Vancouver. (I already miss Dressew and am planning a visit there whenever I go back to visit.)
Anyway, yay for local crafty people!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
David McCullough Reveals His Favorite Movies
Dr. Craig Martin Talks About Elemental Love Styles
Nora Titone Talks About My Thoughts Be Bloody
Jennifer Weiner Reads from Best Friends Forever Part 5
Eugene Jarecki Wishes He Had This Talent
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...