A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,620
Currently Running With Scissors:
691 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: It's wedding season! Beware the bride's little white lie...  (Read 7717 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CheetahChiq78
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2004 11:16:29 AM »

We've used out bridesmaid dressess several time for "old fashioned" events the past couple years. Honestly...I cannot even begin to imagine what if anything, crafty I could do with this material and these colors...

Yes, those were REALLY bridesmaid dresses. Mustard yellow and funky fuchsia. We wore them complete with parasols. Labor Day weekend...in Florida. After the wedding we went to the beach and got quite a few stares and lots of people wondering if we were doing a photo shoot on the beach.

We even won a contest for the most hideous bridesmaid dresses...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let me not pray to be sheltered from dangers but to be fearless in facing them. Let me not beg for the stilling of my pain, but for the heart to conquer it. Let me not look for allies in life's battlefield but to my own strength.
EmilyFlew
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

..sweets4ever is so rad..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2004 11:28:16 AM »

Wow, those are amazingly ugly!!

I gave my bridesmaid dress to the little girl of a family friend...ugly polyester mess magically turns into fairy princess dress up gown!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

technocutie, handmade iPod cases and felt accoutrements
thoughts and days.

I <3 the mod squad ladies!
sasto
I am too a queen--my pantyhose say so!

God save the queen-sized!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2004 11:53:18 AM »

Did the groomsmen wear chainmail? I just have this mental picture of everyone wandering around the reception with a giant turkey leg in their hand. Yeeek.

I have quite the set of sheer hidiousness from three decades of being a bridesmaid: powder blue satin complete with HUGE shimmering bows on each hip (soooo nice on a plus sized gal) baby blue & baby pink, a little peach taffeta number with a ruffle at the bottom that is the exact lenght of a DUST RUFFLE--peach & forrest green, and then there were the dusty blue & mauve years...shudders. I can't even make pillows out of those bad boys. My only hope is to sell them on eBay as a costume. Anybody remember Gunny Sacks? They sold a whole line of little house on the prarie style formal dresses...yup, got one of those too!

Thanks for that little stroll down memory lane...wow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's all true.
(Except of course, for the lies.)
kategirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

queen of awkward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2004 12:00:32 PM »

CheetahChiq78, I actually kind of like those dresses...  but only as costumes, not to wear for a wedding!  it is good for a "period" costume, though.  Smiley

I hereby vow to never make my bridesmaids wear horrid dresses.  I vow to let them pick them out, and they will be nice colors in a somewhat acceptable style.

I'm thinking of using an old purple bridesmaid dress (I was 12 at the time, so it hasn't even fit in years, besides, being horrid) to recreate an old prom dress of mine.  I'm going to just shred the top sheer layer to make a fairy type thing.  lol, my cousin would just die...  she loved those dresses!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Conley
I Poke You With Sticks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2005 08:26:53 PM »

I am wondering what to do with my bridesmaid dress..... *sigh*

Its Navy blue with a drape front made of some evil poly/torture mixed fabric... oh did I mention that it was a maternity bridesmaid dress?
Maybe I can turn it into a tent....

Aren't I a lovely shade of 9 months pregnant? In every wedding photo the photographer made me hold the bouqet in front of the belly, standing just behind someone with my belly behind them so that the bridesmaids would look more uniform.

Blech. To think my sister and I came from the same womb, you'd think she'd have more respect for me. Maybe it was revenge for all those years I beat the crap out of her.....hmmmmmmm... ....
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011 12:08:13 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog    http://stephieface.wordpress.com
Ravelry    http://www.ravelry.com/people/Stephieface

2/18/12 - I no longer have the directions for wrapped pens, I lost them several years ago. To obtain them for yourself, do like I did, contact DMC threads directly and ask for them.
simply
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2005 08:49:26 PM »

some of those dresses...ew.   i just gave mine a color...celedon green i think it was...and they picked their own dress out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

libra

He's so in touch with his innerfish.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2005 09:11:56 PM »

The nerve of you being pregnant at the time of your sisters wedding!  (I would sell that sucker on eBay, pronto. Formal maternity wear is expensive)

I adore the idea of asking your wedding party to find a black dress of a certain cut and a string of pearls (real, fake, whatever). Everyone looks nice AND who can't wear a black dress again?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TattooAnnie

Revolution begins with a book & an open mind!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2005 08:15:09 PM »

my boyfriend & I are into everything geeky or retro and have had numerous hilarious discussions of how we could torture our very diverse group of friends & family with a theme wedding...picture his hockey team buddies in elf outfits at a lord of the rings wedding...or my very uptight dad in spock ears at a star trek reception...hahahah aha...I'm going mad with the power!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"GIR...why is there bacon in the soap?"
"I made it MYSELF!!!!"

www.TattooAnnie.ets y.com
rmember_myreply
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2005 08:26:24 PM »

ummm... i went to a wedding recently that had bridesmaids in bright red satin a-line strapless gowns with a white shimmery bodice trimmed with bright red sequins. they looked like damn candy canes.

luckily, in my cousin's wedding, i am wearing a strapless wine colored mermaid with a bustle at the calf... simply gorgeous! i will definetly be wearing the dress again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
itsnikki
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2005 05:12:14 PM »

Those dresses!! I'm kinda worried a bit.. not really, since I DO have lots of time to pick them out, but my bridesmaids will be widely varying in sizes, and I do want something they can wear again. Because.. yeah. I just don't like the idea of them paying for a dress to only wear once. But yup. I remember wearing dresses that I could only wear a few times.. Chorus dresses. Roll Eyes (One was'nt THAT bad, just a plain black one with a satiny band at the waist.) But anyways... creative, y'all!:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stupid people do stupid things, smart people outsmart each other.

My LJ

-Add me to your livejournal, and I'll add you back!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
D.S. & Durga Perfume House
Talk Pretty to Me: Cute Summer Hair and Makeup Ideas
The Pastel Lip Tutorial
Can Nail Art Be Sophisticated?
3 New Mascaras to Try
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...