A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,402
Currently Running With Scissors:
832 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Amelie Swap Gallery!  (Read 24769 times)
Tags for this thread: amelie  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

chrispykreme
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2006 05:35:53 PM »

Well, I haven't heard back from my partner, but the DC said she received the package over a week and a half ago. I hope she doesn't mind that post pictures of what I sent  Undecided

I made 2 Amelie inspired tea towels. I only took a picture of the first one I made. It is for the restaurant that Amelie worked at (Les Deux Moulins). The second one (that I don't have a picture of) was embroidered with a flower and had "AP" for Amelie Poulin.

I also made a photo album with gnome pictures. My partner collects old pictures, so I went to a really cool antique shop and bought old pictures for her (mainly b&w from the 50s and 60). But I also included an old Monkees trading card that I found there. I wrote odd comments below the pictures and narrated the travels of my gnome, Gnomeo.

Here is the album that I decorated...

Unlike, Bobo my gnome hasn't traveled the world. Just Austin Texas.

Here are some of his pictures inside the album.

Going out into the world.

Jamming on his iPod.

Of course he crafts! He's going to Michael's.

Visiting the 360 bridge in Austin.

I also sent my partner a mini Renoir puzzle. It reminded me of the painting that the glassman paints over and over. But it was not the exact same one.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012 02:29:54 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
KCGal
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2006 05:46:20 PM »

chrispykreme:  J'adore the tea towels!  Such lovely embroidery.  And I am cracking up at Gnomeo with his head wrapped in a bath towel!  I must know--what's on his iPod?  Cheesy

yamwam:  I love what you made for stoliedina!  And I envy your French skills...I tried numerous times to comprehend Blubber's name in French ("Cachalot") to use in my swap items, but I couldn't catch it!  I even had my college French dictionary by my side to try and search for it.  So much for 2 years of college francais.

I shipped to Nutella today, so I'll be giddy with anxiety until she receives.

Everyone is right...this IS A FUN SWAP!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knittnkitten
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2006 05:50:43 PM »

The embroidery on that tea towel is stunning!!! I wish I was that talented.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chrispykreme
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2006 06:05:13 PM »

Thanks for the compliments on the embroidery. I got Jenny Hart's stitch it kit for Christmas. I knew I wanted to do embroidery for this swap and practice my new skills.

KCGal - I can't remember what's on the iPod, but I think he was listening to "Jackson" from the Walk the Line soundtrack or some Beatles song. It's my husbands iPod! Gnomeo was trying to act high class...he's unemployed and unable to purchase his own iPod. We all know people like that. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lhackett
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2006 06:14:44 PM »

Wow, I think the decorated album is really beautiful! And great job on the embroidery.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Lindsay is equipped with some very nice options." -googlism.com

www.myspace.com/idonthaveatattoo
www.wists.com/lhackett
Nutella

In a free knitting pattern kind of way.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2006 07:00:38 PM »

KCGal, I haven't shipped to you yet- and I am SO glad I haven't, because I just thought of the most brilliant way to figure out something that I was trying to figure out. Huzzah!

(I hope it's not giving too much away to say: re-watching again with subtitles, but en Francais! I've done this before when I couldn't catch what a line of dialogue was in English, I don't know why I didn't think to do it in French! D'oh!

I watched again this morning, with English subtitles, just for an extra-extra boost, but I, too, was being thwarted by my poor college French skills!

Happy dance, happy dance! So... one more day, and it'll be absolument parfait!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wisty bandwagon: http://wists.com/?q=nutellanutterson

I'm walking and raising funds in support of AIDS Project Los Angeles: http://aidswalklosangeles2007.kintera.org/kejreeves
yamwam
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2006 08:38:37 AM »

Hourrah! I'm glad you liked everything, stoliedina!

yamwam:  I love what you made for stoliedina!  And I envy your French skills...I tried numerous times to comprehend Blubber's name in French ("Cachalot") to use in my swap items, but I couldn't catch it!  I even had my college French dictionary by my side to try and search for it.  So much for 2 years of college francais.

I should certainly hope my French is good--I'm a translation student! En franais, s'il vous plat!

chrispykreme: Love the tea towels! Where did you get the pictures of the windmills? And did you embroider the words, too?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Loose pleats sink fleets

Wists
Bobolink
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Note the knitting pirate chalk bag!

I hate it when rocks eat my head

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2006 11:48:01 AM »

WOW!
That tea towel is spectacular!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/Bobolink
Sorry I've been absent! Can't wait to chill with you all again Smiley
Anyone want to swap alphabet ATCs?
chrispykreme
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2006 05:15:06 PM »

Thanks, Bobolink and Yamwam.

The tea towel windmills were made using the Eiffel Tower pattern from Jenny Hart's stitch it kit, and I free handed the "rutters" of the windmill with a pencil onto both patterns.

The words are not embroidered. I used an iron on transfer pen to create that part. I just printed out a sheet of regular paper in a font style I liked, printed it in mirror image, traced with transfer pen and ironed it straight on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ktkntr
Hey little boy, what you got there? Kind sir, it's a mollusk I found.

Sassyfrassy lassy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2006 06:23:01 PM »

Wow I am so impressed with everyone's items!  Experiencing serious swap anxiety (it's only my second swap)!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

funkalisious jewelry:  www.zoo-loo.com
at etsy, too: www.ilovezooloo.ets y.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Best Beauty Vitamins
Tips and Tricks for Engagement Session Beauty
How To Create the Perfect Pout
More Smoke Less Drama
TEAM Bridal Extensions.
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...