A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 298,065
Currently Running With Scissors:
795 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Postmodern legwarmers!  (Read 2140 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Aunt Suzi
« on: February 01, 2006 10:03:06 AM »

I haven't seen much of this pattern on line, so I thought I'd post the pair I made for my sister for Christmas:

This is Stephanie Japel's pattern on knitty: http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEspring03/PATTlegwarmers.html

My sister loves them.  And so do I, actually.  Think I'll make a pair for myself. 

I used Schoeller Stahl Merino Stretch in, oh, merlot or something like that, bought cheaply at elann.com.  And I had to double-strand it to get an approximation of the gauge. 

Hope you like them, and hope people make more of them!

P.S. More recent FOs on my blog: child's guernsey, easy lace shawl, etc.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006 10:13:23 AM by Aunt Suzi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

beccabur
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006 10:11:31 AM »

They look good!  I've been meaning to make a pair of these for awhile.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Curlyredheadgirl

Faith is the evidence of things not seen. Heb.11:1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006 10:28:32 AM »

Those look (to go back in my day) Cool!! I've been meaning to make some - I didn't realize they had such a flare at the bottom - like bellbottoms... makes me want to make them sooner!! Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You can never change the past. But by the gace of God, you can win the future. So, remember those things which will help you forward, but forget about the things which will only hold you back.

My Blog - http://curlyredheadgirl.blogspot.com/
heatherxxll
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006 10:42:10 AM »

holy shit those are sweet!!

i wanna make a pair now...w/like a button cuff thing on the top...what are those called? you see them on the ends of jacket sleeves.
p.s. they look so much nicer in this pic, i never would want to make them just by looking at the knitty photo Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ultraviolet
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006 11:14:40 AM »

Really nice! I've been thinking of making legwarmers. I have to take a bus and a train to get to work every day, and I sort of have to dress nicely for work, rather than comfortably, so legwarmers would probably be a nice way to keep me warm. Plus, they look kinda cool Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://blog.threegoodrats.com

"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."
KittieCat
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006 12:31:45 PM »

Those are tres cute.  I completely have to make a pair. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aunt Suzi
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006 09:22:38 PM »

Thanks, all! 

Yeah--I think legwarmers are practical as well as cute.  I'm really lusting after a pair of knee-high boots, but just can't afford them (plus, almost none fit my calves), so I'm planning to knit legwarmers instead.  Not quite the same, but, you know, keeps the legs warm, something more interesting than tights. 

I love the button-cuff-thing idea, heatherxxll! 

The one big problem I had with this pattern was figuring out what yarn to buy.  The yarn called for was either discontinued or way to expensive for me (or both), but from what I could find out, it seemed like it was a fairly lightweight yarn, but maybe with a big mohair halo, because the gauge was very large.  I never could find a close substitute, so in the end just bought something I liked and made it work.  It worked.

But anyway, cute pattern, and sharper than the scrunchy roller-rink type.  I'd love to see more versions of these!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

heatherxxll
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2006 02:53:29 PM »

i know the feeling--i have black knee high boots, but when I need a brown pair to match my outfit...legwarmers and chucks do the trick, and often I get more compliments ha!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ClassyLassy
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2006 03:58:16 PM »

yours turned out so nice, i agree that your photo makes them look better than the knitty photos. yay i think i've found my next knitting project  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Everything is a miracle. It is a miracle that one does not dissolve in one's bath like a lump of sugar." -Pablo Picasso
spicecarrie
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2006 09:12:42 PM »

Those are so cute! Very Japanese street fashion! Love it! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Maximus
How to Draw Martian Manhunter
How to Draw Mandark
How to Draw Mac From Fosters Home
How to Draw Lumpy Space Princess
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...