A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,613
Currently Running With Scissors:
758 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crochet Hook/Knitting Needle Storage Solution! (Image Heavy)  (Read 1781 times)
Tags for this thread: needle_holder  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

novemberlies
« on: February 16, 2006 11:44:31 AM »

I sat down over my 6 week Winter Break and thought, "Shannon, you have so many needles and hooks but no way to keep them all together."  I needed something small and easy to take places.  I never leave for a weekend without at least one skein and 3 hooks.

So i sat at my brand spankin new sewing machine with some betty boop fabric and POOF!

And then my Coici comes over.  All of my coici's craft, it is a sick obsession that is in our genes.  She hands me an envelope FILLED with those little squishy things for pencils, you remeber in second grade when your hand would cramp?

I say, "Coici Cheryl, what do I do with these?"

She says, "Oh young one, put them on your crochet hooks and experience the wonders."

VOILA!

NO MORE HAND CRAMPS!  I swear to some greater being this is the best idea ever.

happy crafting!

xox,
shannon
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Listener15
Just call me Listy

Keep me away from Craftster will ya! Ha!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006 12:31:56 PM »

Oooo...that is cool! I would love to have something like that, right now I'm using a make-up bag my mom got for free with a so many dollar purchase but it can't hold some of my larger hooks and those cases you can buy has no spot for a pair of sciscors....not to mention the Betty Boop fabric looks awesome *grin* And look! A crochet tip for a cramped hand!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

arabella
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006 04:28:04 PM »

that's awesome!  I really need one of these.

and I'll have to try those pencil things!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nikobee
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006 07:58:12 PM »

Ok I have to say I LOVE those "squishy things for pencils" that make holding the hook more comfortable.  Just had to share that I put one on the very end of my N hook (which is my favorite!) because the end rubbed the outer edge of my hand and hurt pretty bad..... but not any more!  Thanks to the "squishy things for pencils"  LOL   
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006 01:10:24 PM »

First of all, I love the idea of being able to customize your own needle holder! This one looks like it was tailored specifically to you! I am going to sit on the floor and lay out all of my needles and plan one of these! Great! But, being new to this site, the BEST thing was your tip--"squishy pencil things"! Duh! Why didn't I think of that!!? Thank you thank you thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

novemberlies
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2006 09:19:32 AM »

First of all, I love the idea of being able to customize your own needle holder! This one looks like it was tailored specifically to you! I am going to sit on the floor and lay out all of my needles and plan one of these!

Oh I'm glad!  It was super fun, now I think I am making one for my momma.   Grin  I want to see yours when you've finished!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Digital Dressing Room: Hardwired
United States in Style: New Mexico
5 Ways To Wear A White Dress After Labor Day
Fashions To Help Your Kids Rock The New School Year
How to Wear Sheer Fashions This Fall
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...