A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,044
Currently Running With Scissors:
619 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: free people obbssesed  (Read 2932 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

butterflymary
The Dominatrix of Craft

I Bitch, Therefore I Stitch

View Profile WWW
« on: February 08, 2006 09:44:15 AM »

Okay, not really obsessed. Intrigued and curious is more like it. So, anyhoo, here's what I'll start on today (the cropped jacket):

« Last Edit: January 02, 2010 11:37:12 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now get craftin'!
Faithism
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006 05:34:05 PM »

woooooo. That's super-pretty. If I had money to buy fabric...I would make it. Also like the skirt fabric. I love velvet-ish stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kirstenmonster
It's garden time, huh cha cha cha cha

it's understood Zeke does it for the hood

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006 07:55:49 AM »

You should so make that yourself.  If I remember correctly Free People is hooked in with the notorious Urban Outifitters and may be privvy to ripping off indie designers.  It is really really pretty I will admit.  Good luck making it yourself Cheesy

ugh I can't stand companies like hot topic and urban outfitters that rip off designers
THIS ROCKS   Logged
siso
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006 07:59:35 AM »

urban outfitters inc. is made up of free people, urban outfitters and anthropologie 

http://www.urbanoutfittersinc.com/profile/index.jsp
THIS ROCKS   Logged
butterflymary
The Dominatrix of Craft

I Bitch, Therefore I Stitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006 10:30:10 AM »

I never knew that. Well, ripping off designers I can't afford is my game. I make a skirt or something for myself only, tho. I don't go selling it to benefit myself. Anyway, I started a jacket but am working very slow on it. It's in an off white (and badly stained from age) lightweight upholstery brocade. I am modifying a late 1930's blouse pattern in order to get the shape. But honestly, it's not working out well. I may have to go back to the drawing board, ha ha ha, and make a pattern myself. Any suggestions? I want this easy to sew, embellishments come later.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now get craftin'!
arrhythmia
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2006 07:23:13 PM »

I would use a reg cropped jacket pattern, or a jacket pattern and crop it myself. It seems to be a princess style jacket(no bust darts, the pieces shape it), cropped short, with a peplum bottom.

It looks cut wide at the neckline, too, so cut a 1-2" off the neckline all around to get it to be wider. It is probably unlined with just a facing around the neck. Then you add the ruffles around the neck in several layers and around the mid torso and embellish it. Don't bother with the pattern buttons, etc., just use a bow!!!

I saw that jacket, too and really loved it.

I was looking at bags etc. at WalMart today and was amazed at how many bags there I had seen here first. I think indie designers are being seriously copied. Shame we can't cash in on it. Smiley So  I guess we create for the joy of it (grin)!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kraftjm
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2006 12:43:40 PM »

You should so make that yourself.  If I remember correctly Free People is hooked in with the notorious Urban Outifitters and may be privvy to ripping off indie designers.  It is really really pretty I will admit.  Good luck making it yourself Cheesy

ugh I can't stand companies like hot topic and urban outfitters that rip off designers

and one of the company's head honchos supported rick santorum (r-pennsylvania with an ultra right wing agenda..you should wiki him) with $25,000 for his campaign.  it's kind of brilliant, though, because UO clothes are definitely cute and are targeted at young, lefty girls.

all the more reason to make UO ripoffs!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jujus_moowee
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2006 09:46:22 PM »

There's a burda pattern which i got today 8121 which is pretty similar to this style. I'm going to try and make it. It looks really pretty.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
piratasucia

me just happy robot

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2006 12:19:42 PM »

On the subject of being ripped off, my sister made this AMAZING skirt and H&M stole it. JEEZ.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-g starr
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Portrait Retouching with Photoshop Elements - Touching Up Flaws
How to Wow: Best of Photoshop CS2 with Jack Davis
Portrait Retouching with Photoshop Elements - Sample 2
Portrait Retouching with Photoshop Elements - Sample 1
5 Minute Portrait Retouch By Matt Kloskowski
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...