A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,579
Currently Running With Scissors:
487 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 32
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Eunny Jang's Deep V argyle vest  (Read 56097 times)
Tags for this thread: argyle , eunny_jang , vest  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cnp71201
« Reply #150 on: August 09, 2006 09:42:30 AM »

I haven't bought the pattern yet, but I want to look into how much making this is going to run. Can anyone tell me the yardage needed for, I guess the 34 and 36 in sizes? Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm crystalnickel on Ravelry!

Visit my blog at http://cnp71203.blogspot.com/. It has a little of everything... well, most things!

http://www.wists.com/cnp71203
kadreath

best sweater.....ever

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 09, 2006 11:36:35 PM »

the 34" size calls for 6 (3 one color, 3 another) balls of 115-125yd DK weight wool
the 36" calls for 8 total.  i would definetly go with the high yardage estimate, just to be on the safe side.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alicelovester
« Reply #152 on: August 11, 2006 03:43:22 PM »

I'm having a problem... I think. You know you're having a problem when you're not sure you have one.

This is my first time working both in the round and with more than one color. Oh, and it's also my first time wrapping my yarn counterclockwise when I knit, as I used to do it the other way. Anyway, I thinksome combination of all of these firsts is giving me this:

I circled the problems here, in case they aren't obvious.

In the pictures I've seen of Eunny's vest, the diamonds look like they have nicely sloped edges. Do you see how the white kind of edges into the brown? I'm not sure if that is right or not. As for the second circle, the lines are simply not right. I know* I've followed the pattern correctly, since I'm so paranoid about doing it right. Do you think I'm wrapping the yarn wrong or something? I'd appreciate any advice you all have. Thanks!

* I am pretty sure, at least...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006 03:45:16 PM by alicelovester » THIS ROCKS   Logged

xchinagurlyx
« Reply #153 on: August 12, 2006 11:08:46 AM »

In the pictures I've seen of Eunny's vest, the diamonds look like they have nicely sloped edges. Do you see how the white kind of edges into the brown? I'm not sure if that is right or not. As for the second circle, the lines are simply not right. I know* I've followed the pattern correctly, since I'm so paranoid about doing it right. Do you think I'm wrapping the yarn wrong or something? I'd appreciate any advice you all have. Thanks!

* I am pretty sure, at least...

For the first circle (the lines issue), I think that's just how knit fabric is--they're stacked Vs. 
I can't really tell because the white has blended into itself, but it just looks like that one stitch was twisted in the second circle. 

Also, it looks like the first two-color row is off, but you've probably caught this already and it looks like a swatch anyway. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rachillsk8
« Reply #154 on: August 23, 2006 08:05:34 AM »

I found the PERFECT brown and peacock blue, it's a mohair blend but not too furry--I assume this will work with the steeking?  Problem is that it's $10/ball and therefore currently out of my price range.

I do have a few hanks of Cascade 220 in various colors in my stash, I'm thinking of doing it out of that first to learn the pattern before shelling out the money for the above mentioned gorgeous yarn.  Not sure what to try--I've got bright pink, pale pink, green, white and red in Cascade.  I love pink/green, but that might be too much with this pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Atomic Alice
« Reply #155 on: August 23, 2006 10:56:04 AM »

Not sure what to try--I've got bright pink, pale pink, green, white and red in Cascade.  I love pink/green, but that might be too much with this pattern.

ooh you have so many good combo choices!  bright and pale pink, pink and green  (without seeing what shades they are, I don't think it would be too much, especially pale pink and green) , either of the pinks and white, white and red...maybe swatch up a little bit of the pattern in a few diferent combos to see? Might make it easier to decide.  Also, I know when I'm choosing colors for cardis and things that are usually worn with other kinds of tops, I try to figure out what I'm going to wear with it...sometimes helps me narrow down my color choices, but not always. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://foolmoon.etsy.com

Merricat, said Constance, would you like a cup of tea?
Oh, no, said Merricat, you'll poison me.
rachillsk8
« Reply #156 on: August 23, 2006 01:08:03 PM »

Not sure what to try--I've got bright pink, pale pink, green, white and red in Cascade.  I love pink/green, but that might be too much with this pattern.

ooh you have so many good combo choices!  bright and pale pink, pink and green  (without seeing what shades they are, I don't think it would be too much, especially pale pink and green) , either of the pinks and white, white and red...maybe swatch up a little bit of the pattern in a few diferent combos to see? Might make it easier to decide.  Also, I know when I'm choosing colors for cardis and things that are usually worn with other kinds of tops, I try to figure out what I'm going to wear with it...sometimes helps me narrow down my color choices, but not always. 

Yeah, I think I'll do a few swatches.  Right now I'm halfway done with a light pink/cream swatch and I like it (my friend knittinkitten posted pics of hers in those colors but different yarn earlier in this thread and I've seen her WIP in person and it's lovely).  There isn't enough contrast between the light/dark pinks I have to make it worth doing.  I might try a pink/green and a green/cream and see what I like...I only have a hank or less of each color (left over from a felted handbag) so I'll have to buy more of whatever I decide.  Or maybe I'll find another combination at the yarn store...as long as my gauge is done in Cascade 220 and that's what I end up using, changing colors won't matter.

I REALLY want to do my teal/brown combo in the other yarn I found, but before I spend about $100 on yarn for one project, I had better do a test version with something cheaper!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006 01:10:52 PM by rachillsk8 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Atomic Alice
« Reply #157 on: August 23, 2006 01:26:00 PM »

yeah, teal and brown does rock...water and earth.    I've been obsessed with brown and red and teal lately myself, but probably a bit much for Eunny's vest!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://foolmoon.etsy.com

Merricat, said Constance, would you like a cup of tea?
Oh, no, said Merricat, you'll poison me.
cnp71201
« Reply #158 on: August 23, 2006 04:52:58 PM »

I ordered some dark red and light gray for this vest, and haven't seen the yarn yet... but now I'm wondering about this color combo. I hope I like it when I see it, but I don't think I am going to. I don't know what I was thinking when I ordered it.

I originally wanted to do pink and green, but I'm trying Knitpicks' Telemark, and they don't have a pink in that yarn, or at least, it doesn't look like they have. :-(
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm crystalnickel on Ravelry!

Visit my blog at http://cnp71203.blogspot.com/. It has a little of everything... well, most things!

http://www.wists.com/cnp71203
kadreath

best sweater.....ever

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 31, 2006 09:04:18 PM »

i've swatched up for my second try at this vest.  i hope it goes better this time 'cause i'm making it for a friend's birthday present.  i added some skulls into the argyle pattern since the recipient is mad for them.

details here
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 32 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Green Plasticine
How to Make White Plasticine
How to Make Fluorescent Slime
How to Make Slime Using Corn Flour
How to Make a Fake Beard with a Dishcloth
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...