A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,544
Currently Running With Scissors:
658 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Eunny Jang's Deep V argyle vest  (Read 56082 times)
Tags for this thread: argyle , eunny_jang , vest  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

arnogg

Stand up & SHOUT!

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: September 24, 2007 09:20:47 AM »

I just got the pattern on Friday, and the yarn is on the way (black and white too) I hope I can't make it through-
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CrafterInIL
« Reply #301 on: September 24, 2007 02:39:41 PM »

I just started this vest on Friday - I knit on it ALL weekend, and have finished chart one (frogging 14 rows at one point...).  My row gauge is off (24 rows/4 inches instead of 30), but I knit the first chart as written as I prefer my sweaters longer, and I've modified the second chart and will begin on that tonight.  I really hope my modifications work out, but I'm loving this vest already. 

I'm using Jaeger Merino in gray and red - I love this yarn!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in personal swaps!
My WIST: http://wists.com/PugMama3
tigerlounge2000
« Reply #302 on: September 24, 2007 05:08:01 PM »

I finished this about 3 weeks ago.  It fits so well in the body, but the shoulders are much too wide. I'm still mulling over how to fix it.  Can't just rip the shoulders back and redo the decreases because of the steaking, obviously, so I'm sort of at a loss.  Do you think picking the stitches up for the ribbing a few rows farther in would work?

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1085/1008736281_e7b162d2ba.jpg?v=0

wouldn't it work just to use a sewing machine to sew around the ideal place for the ribbing to start, cut your knitting back to that point (leaving a little knitting so it doesn't unravel) and then pick up stitches behind the seam line and knit the ribbing from there?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007 12:38:34 PM by sweets4ever - Reason: Edited to remove image from quote. Please delete IMG tags when quoting ~ thanks!! » THIS ROCKS   Logged
klinga74
« Reply #303 on: September 26, 2007 07:23:26 AM »

I'm casting on in a few days, my white yarn is on back order and I only have two skeins  Undecided   so I'll just knit with the yarn I have for now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never let go
CrafterInIL
« Reply #304 on: September 26, 2007 07:26:26 AM »

I'm obsessed with this project - I've had dreams about it the past 2 nights...  I'm hoping to finish it up this weekend.  Last night I set the arm steeks, so I'm making good progress.  If only work didn't get in the way...  I have a 3 day weekend, so it is possible that I can finish this up by Monday. 

And I'm already planning my next one, although I really should do some other projects first.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tempestt03

Cattus meus id comedit

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 27, 2007 06:20:12 AM »

wouldn't it work just to use a sewing machine to sew around the ideal place for the ribbing to start, cut your knitting back to that point (leaving a little knitting so it doesn't unravel) and then pick up stitches behind the seam line and knit the ribbing from there?

That would have worked too...but I don't have a working sewing machine (nor do I know how to use one). :-)  I took my own advice and just picked up for the armholes about and inch and a half farther in.   I just folded the columns to the outside of the picked up stitches under as I would have done with the normal steek rows and reblocked.  It worked out pretty well.  Looks great now! 

Thanks for the suggestion!

CrafterInIL...is that a little pug-sized Urlacher jersey?  Awesome.  Go Bears!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007 06:24:35 AM by Tempestt03 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\_/) 
(o.0)   
(_ _)
CrafterInIL
« Reply #306 on: September 27, 2007 07:19:33 AM »

Yes - it is a Pug-sized Urlacher jersey to match his papa's jersey!  He looks great in it too.  Here's the pic full size:

Back on topic - I only have 20 rows remaining until I get to steek, so I'll definitely be doing the steeking this weekend.  I may just machine sew the steeks though.  I can't wait!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

designdiva18
« Reply #307 on: September 29, 2007 10:57:46 AM »

Has anyone ever shortened this pattern. I made the Entrelac socks and I thought that it would be cool to make this to go with them... but i wanted a cropped version. Any recommendations?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CrafterInIL
« Reply #308 on: September 30, 2007 02:44:53 PM »

I finished my vest and posted it http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=199200.0.  I loved knitting this, but the fit leaves a bit to be desired for me.  I do plan to make another one in the future.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

klinga74
« Reply #309 on: October 02, 2007 04:38:38 AM »

CrafterInIL, that looks amazing!!
I have a problem, I'm almost done knitting the ribbing, but something is wrong in my pattern with chart A for sizes 34-42. It starts at row 31 and that can't be right, right?  Huh  I've emailed Eunny but she's probably very busy because I haven't heard from her yet. Has anyone else had this problem? I really want to start with the chart as soon as I can. Suggestions? I'm knitting the vest in size 40".
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007 04:44:40 AM by klinga74 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never let go
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Banana Pancakes
How to Make Apple Fries
How to make Beef Stroganoff
Shrimp Dip
Lemon Meringue Pie on fixmyrecipe.com
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...