A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,109
Currently Running With Scissors:
555 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Eunny Jang's Deep V argyle vest  (Read 58495 times)
Tags for this thread: argyle , eunny_jang , vest  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kristinw
« Reply #290 on: July 21, 2007 05:52:02 PM »

I *really* love this vest!! I don't even know if it something I would ever wear but I am so drawn to it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TreeTree
« Reply #291 on: July 22, 2007 06:27:04 AM »

I am too lazy at the moment to slog through 29 pages to find out, but didn't someone post a version of this vest in this thread where they substituted skulls for some of the argyle diamonds? I remember thinking it very cute, which is why I was shocked to see this version of it at Target:
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_1/602-1534946-6305447?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000R13JZA
You think the designers at Libertine are Craftster members?!

Kadreath posted a green version with skulls in the argyle.  She also posted it in a seperate thread here:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=120342.0

It has a link to her blog where she provides the skull chart, good luck and have fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists:  http://www.wists.com/Treetree/
My Space:   http://www.myspace.com/tareeree 

I am always doing things I can't do, that's how I get to do them.
--Pablo Picasso
low_budget_diva
« Reply #292 on: July 23, 2007 07:51:27 AM »

Kadreath posted a green version with skulls in the argyle.  She also posted it in a seperate thread here:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=120342.0

It has a link to her blog where she provides the skull chart, good luck and have fun!

Hey, thanks for the link. I think you misunderstood what I was getting at, though. I was just noting that the latest designers at Target seem to have been "inspired" (read: ripped off) by Kadreath's design. I thought it was interesting is all, I'm not going to make one (I already started one of these a year ago that I have gotten about 6 inches into, and now I'm 5 months pregnant, so it wouldn't fit me anyway!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When you are forty-two years old and you have five children, it's a slippery slope into sweatpants and a minivan. So I just don't go there."--Laura Bennett, Project Runway
littlecindy
« Reply #293 on: July 23, 2007 02:57:59 PM »

i think that is target's secret to success.  they must have people who scour the web and report to them what's hot.  i've found lots of copies of "designer" things there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Treasure Cat
« Reply #294 on: July 25, 2007 03:02:05 PM »

Whew!  Just finished cutting the steeks... what a stressful experience.  I'm not so comfortable cutting through something I've worked on for so long, and it has been a long long time...

Anywho, looks like it's going to fit.  Just gotta finish 'er up Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tempestt03

Cattus meus id comedit

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 09, 2007 07:52:37 PM »

I finished this about 3 weeks ago.  It fits so well in the body, but the shoulders are much too wide. I'm still mulling over how to fix it.  Can't just rip the shoulders back and redo the decreases because of the steaking, obviously, so I'm sort of at a loss.  Do you think picking the stitches up for the ribbing a few rows farther in would work?

« Last Edit: August 09, 2007 07:55:50 PM by Tempestt03 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\_/) 
(o.0)   
(_ _)
ReadJulia
« Reply #296 on: August 10, 2007 07:16:03 AM »

What about pulling out the blue stitches on the sleeves, binding off the sleeve stitches at the pattern and folding them under and doing a hemmed edge? It would let you lose some width on the shoulders, but you may not like that look. (Or hemming edges!) Just a thought.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tempestt03

Cattus meus id comedit

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 10, 2007 07:20:08 AM »

oo that is a thought...I have to rip the armhole ribbing out no matter what, so I'll definitely take a look at that.  Thanks for the suggestion!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\_/) 
(o.0)   
(_ _)
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 10, 2007 03:45:49 PM »

No advice here. Just wanted to say that is absolutely gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
klinga74
« Reply #299 on: September 23, 2007 12:04:59 PM »

I know I'm very late in deciding to make this but I made a swatch today in black and white. I got gauge on size 4 mm needles. Is anyone still knitting this? I'd love some company. I'm a beginner and this vest has a lot of firsts for me: fair isle, steeking, reading a chart and knitting with more than one color so I'm happy to have this thread for support!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never let go
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Mastering the Perfect Omelette
Spam Championship: Shoulder Pork Ham Is a Big Deal, Apparently
Sausage and Peppers Po-Boy Recipe
Apple-Buttermilk Pancake Recipe
Lior Lev Secarez: Serving Innovation
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Marinara Sauce
April 17, 2015 Featured Projects
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Mini-Cabinet

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...