A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,169
Currently Running With Scissors:
471 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: i need creative bathroom storage ideas.  (Read 1367 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

missy
« on: June 20, 2004 02:46:56 PM »

in about a month, i'm moving out of my apartment with the big huge awesome bathroom all to myself, into a smaller bathroom, shared with 2 boys. UH OH. i've gotten really spoiled about leaving girly things all over the counter & sink area, but there is really nowhere to spread out there. there is a small closet, and i have a shelf for some of my things, but i have tons of jewelery, accessories, lotions, makeup, etc that will need a home.  does anyone have creative ideas of what i can do to keep it all organized, but accessible?

i will try to post a picture of the bathroom soon, but i'm not living there yet, so it might not be for awhile.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lara
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004 01:25:45 AM »

you can always buy/ make an organizer with pockets that can be hung at the back of the door with lots of see through pockets and many many things can be stored in it (kind of like a shoe organizer thingie).
you can also get some stackable drawers or boxes, but that would depend on the size of your bathroom i guess.
one other option would be using a trolley with baskets that you would take to the bathroom with you everyday (not the best solution) but it's an option
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bagheraa

I'm not a llama! (I am a black leopard)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2004 03:07:01 AM »

When we were younger and shared a tiny bathroom, my sister and I had one of this from IKEA, you can get them in unfinished plywood, and they are really easy and fun to paint in your own design. You get them in different sizes too. We used them for everything; hair clips, pads, cotton sticks, accessories, makeup and jewelery.
Also, I think lined baskets on a shelf look god for bigger items. If you are crafty you can sew the lining yourself  Wink (I'm planning to do it one of these days, actually, for the top of my closet). You can also sew one of those pocket organizers that Lara was talking about.

-bag-
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bagheraa is on Ravelry Wink
quarkiegirl

Keep it loose, keep it tight.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2004 08:47:06 PM »

little baskets are the best invention ever. you can line them up on your shelf, and in the morning take your hair stuff basket to the bathroom, or your make up basket, whatever! it's so much easier than having all your crap stacked up on the shelf, and when you go to grab one thing you knock the rest of them over on the floor. well...that's what i do anyway Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craft-matic
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2004 06:28:36 PM »

I don't know what the decor in your bathroom will be, but here are some ideas.  This isn't really for girly stuff, but might be cute anyhow; hang a small wall-mountable wine rack to a free wall space, or get a free-standing one, and use to for towels (rolled and put one in each bottle-space).  That could also be cute if you made small duffle-like holders for small stuff.  They are fairly easy to sew, or you could buy them somewhere, I'm sure, and then store one in each bottle-spot.  Or you could buy a few plain label-less paint cans from a paint shop, (quart-size would be good) and mount them in a square to the wall (a couple of screws through the bottom should do) and then stick little things in them.  In my bathroom, I have some wire drawer organizers (the kind from target, meant for silverware, but just the singles, not the divided baskets) mounted to the wall to hold all the samples of wrinkle potions Lancome has sent me over the years, which I do not use but can't bring myself to throw away, because they are expensive, darn it, and I got them for free....  For jewelry, my favorite solution is this: find a picture frame of at least 8 X 11, and thick wood.  Find the smallest available cup hooks, and screw them into the underside of the top bar of the frame.  Then clasp necklaces and bracelets to the cup hooks, and hang, and voi-la!   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Work is love made visible.
                            --Kahlil Gibran

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted.           
                            --Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
a besoin de parler
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2004 06:51:54 PM »

wrinkle potions Lancome has sent me over the years, which I do not use but can't bring myself to throw away, because they are expensive, darn it, and I got them for free....

Amen, sister.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blisspix
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2004 07:17:14 PM »

Will you have a bathtub? In our apartment, nobody uses the bathtub and the bathroom is tiny. Our solution was to put boards over the top of the bathtub and use the area as a shelf for sliding baskets (which we keep towels in) and a basket of magazines.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Knit the Stockinette Stitch
How to Make a Handmade Paper Picture Frame
How to Tie a Slip Knot for Knitting
How to Make a Molded Candle
How to Arrange Flowers in a Wide Shallow Vase
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...