A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,214
Currently Running With Scissors:
551 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Question about iron-ons Sublime Stitching  (Read 1013 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LuvCrochet
« on: February 05, 2006 03:26:53 PM »

I recently got the Rock n Roll from sublime.  This is my first project after the stitch-it kit.  Anyway.  The way the pattern is folded, when it got to me some of the patterns had rubbed onto the others a tiny bit so when I transferred them to the fabric it also has the faint design of another pattern.  I'm new to this and wondering if this washes off or did I just ruin my fabric?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wandalicious
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006 06:29:14 PM »

Someone said to use a Stain Stick or Clorox Bleach pen. I haven't had this problem, but I think those should work...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goldentransparent
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006 07:52:40 AM »

I've had success removing the ink by spray it with "Shout".  It was on a cotton knit fabric and it came out completely.  I don't know what kind of success you might have on other fabrics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LuvCrochet
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006 11:25:03 AM »

I've had success removing the ink by spray it with "Shout".  It was on a cotton knit fabric and it came out completely.  I don't know what kind of success you might have on other fabrics.

Awesome. It's cotton, AND I already have shout. I'll give it a try. Thanks for the tips.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SublimeStitcher
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006 02:12:04 PM »

D'oh! A stain stick should do the trick. Occasionally this happens with a pattern sheet- where the designs bleed onto itself while it's stored folded. This happens if the pattern pack was stored in a warm or humid environment, so you gotta keep 'em cool and dry! Also, once you get the patterns, if you can store the sheet in a way so that it's no longer folded on itself, this is ideal. But, really unless they're in a hot 'n humid environment, for a long period of time, this shouldn't be a problem.

But, if you got a defective pattern sheet from us- as in, you noticed as soon as you got your patterns and tore into them that something looked wrong, then we'll replace it. This happens sometimes, but not too terribly often. In every batch printed up there's inevitably the poo-poo sheet that got printed a little wonky!  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Embroidery Rocks! Sublime Stitching RULES.
Kits - Patterns - How 2
http://www.SublimeStitching.com

Embroidered Artwork by Jenny Hart
http://www.jennyhart.net
mcf
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2006 02:00:37 PM »

some of my stitch it iron-on designs are still visible on the tea towels and pillow cases i've stitched up. will that go away with washing over time? i just want people to notice the stitching and not see the black outlining so much

i can't use a clorox detergent or stainstick, because that might ruin the embroidery floss...?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
creative muffin
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2006 03:37:47 PM »

NOT the BLEECH!  LOL, yeah you don't want to use the actual liquid in there or on it, but they make these sticks and gels now, if used carfeully, can remove the marks and safely be washed.

My understanding of the stain stick (which I have not had to use YET, lol) is that it is not bleach, but a concentrated detergent.

Embroidery floss should be bleed proof(esp if it is DMC, as many years I used it I have never had a bleed issue), so no worries there, however, I have no idea about any other floss crands as all I have ever used is DMC.

Good luck and I hope someone else may have an answer for you.  I found my stain stick in a quiters section of JoAnns.  As I said, I have not used it, but from what I have heard it is fabulous to remove the marks from the patterns (my big fear is going too thin one day, so I bought it knowing that day will come!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

muffin

www.creativemuffin.com

www.creativemuffin.etsy.com

fiber, yarn, knitting, and spinning addict...more crafty things, Mwahahahaha
LuvCrochet
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2006 04:16:49 PM »

I used Shout spray on my problem area and it worked, I also scrubbed it in a bit.  But the iron on transfer that was suppose to be there (not the run off that I didn't want there) didn't come out.  So I think the darker it is the less likely it will come out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
creative muffin
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2006 04:19:37 PM »

see, that is where I hear the stain stick rocks...it takes those out...all the dark stuff...

the just rubbed it in and tossed in the wash...as I have said, I have yet to try it, but I will give that my first go jsut because it has come so heavily reccommended....

you did not apply the shout to the darker lines from the pattern did you?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

muffin

www.creativemuffin.com

www.creativemuffin.etsy.com

fiber, yarn, knitting, and spinning addict...more crafty things, Mwahahahaha
LuvCrochet
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2006 04:21:02 PM »

Ya I did. because there was an area I decided I didn't want something and was trying to get it off.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Best Acne Treatment Products
The Newest Urban Decay Naked Palette Review
5 Glamorous Holiday Makeup Looks
Beauty Gadgets Perfect For Holiday Gifts
How To Get a Classic Holiday Makeup Look
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...