A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,586
Currently Running With Scissors:
519 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: high priced versus low priced items  (Read 1079 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

huggles
« on: November 06, 2011 09:27:23 AM »

I have made money selling things before but it was all through word of mouth,now I really want to go big time but wondering is it better to seel higher priced things like quilts and such or mid priced like purses,slipper etc.. or the low priced like dishrags,coaters,hats etc.. want to try a craft show but a bit scared.any advice or help would be good thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
montsa007

22 Year old guy who likes craft!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011 01:27:21 AM »

Why not have a mix of all?
Eliminates the 'scary' factor + attracts eyes in fairs Smiley
Do note that you may want to personally attend people inquiring about high value stuff, while have an assistant for low/mid priced items Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Got 5 Minutes to spare? - PM Me for free craft Ebooks Smiley
amarok
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011 03:09:19 AM »

i agree on the previous persons idea: just do little bit of everything. i just read about a person who sells embroidery and clothing on her site, and she said that now that she's doing badges, they're selling like hot cakes. (is that the saying? i'm very finnish) so i'd encourage you to make some of the more expencive ones to sell, a few of the mid-priced items and lots of the cheap ones. at the moment it seems like people don't have as much money but they are willing to buy things that are fun and usable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What is "Susitaika"? Susi is Wolf and Taika is Magic in Finnish.. Come and find out more!

www.susitaika.com

Free embroidery designs at www.susitaika.com/freebies.html

http://susitaika.com/shop for all your shopping needs
Circlesofstone
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011 07:29:49 AM »

I remember how scary it was doing my first craft show. Think of it as an opportunity to gather information. Take a mixture of price levels to see what draws people to your booth. Display one of your more expensive quilts to catch the eye, people may not be able to afford it, but if it impresses them they will check out your booth for something more in their price range. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Lisa
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hempjewelryworld
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011 11:04:50 PM »

People will always be quicker to buy a cheaper item than a higher priced item, so it'd probably be smart to have a good bit more cheaper things.  But as people have said you have a mix of both, because more than likely someone will end up buying the higher priced items too
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Keepnbusy
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011 08:54:58 AM »

I agree with everyone else. Having a variety wil bring you more people looking and with that buyers! Do not box yourself into one area spread out and see what sells! I wish you luck on your first craft show! I am still small time making things for friends and families.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create an HDR Image in Photoshop CS5
How to Use the Rotobrush Tool in After Effects
Where to Find 3D Visualization Resources
How to Use Free Stuff from Google in Funtimerhinestone
How to Take 3D Photographs
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...