A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 304,884
Currently Running With Scissors:
453 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ideas/suggestions for my room?  (Read 592 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fancycrafter
« on: February 05, 2006 12:02:32 AM »

I want to have a "cool" teen room, something like the rooms they did on that show Knock First if anyone's ever seen it or like these rooms: http://ww1.pbteen.com/cat/index.cfm?area=rms&CID=thmgrl&SNAV=1&src=hme . I'm a huge Reba McEntire fan and currently have a Reba/music themed room. I want to keep the Reba photos I have framed on my walls and have a very small budget. I can post a few pics of my room if that would help. Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2006 12:06:22 AM by fancycrafter » THIS ROCKS   Logged
divinefaeriette

Syd Barrett <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006 02:58:10 PM »

Please do post a few pictures of your room. I replyed to your thread about your futon, but if I had a visual, that'd be great. Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Opiate eyes and summer skies.
dogsarecool
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006 06:14:50 AM »

Are any of those Pottery Barns your favorite? That might help everyone better determine what your vision is. :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fancycrafter
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006 12:35:22 PM »

There really isn't one room that I like best. I just like the way those rooms come together and look really nice. Like everything matches, but isn't too matchy-matchy, just making the whole room look good.
I like different things about different rooms. But I can't afford to get things like they have in those rooms. I just basically need to figure out how to pull off the same sort of look that they do for those rooms.
I like the canopy beds with curtains around the bed, but I have a futon. I like the paper lanterns and fancy chandalear lites that hang, I like pretty colors like shades of blue, purple, and pink, I kind of like the you're so vain-ity room where they have the writing on the wall, I like that pink chair in the pretty parlor room and the purple and white chair in the chez moi beauty room. I like things like that.
Overall, I just need to figure out how to take those elements and apply them to my room as inexpensively as possible and be able to keep some Reba photos on the walls and a theme that goes with those.
I'll see if I can get some pics developed, so I can scan and post pics of my room, so you know what I have to work with.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006 12:39:30 PM by fancycrafter » THIS ROCKS   Logged
dogsarecool
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006 01:42:53 PM »

What is your color pallette like?
Do you have a FreeCycle group in your town? I can't even tell you how much FreeCycle helps. I get junky furniture and spray paint it (spray paint is my best friend) and it looks brand new.
What are some ideas you have so far?
Do you have a sewing machine? If you do you could get some inexpensive fabric and make lots of little throw pillows and curtains that match your decor.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

smrfchic
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006 02:47:01 PM »

You might find similar items to the Pottery Barn stuff at Ikea and Target as well. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~ Sadie ~*~
Oh, for corn's sake!
fancycrafter
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2006 11:23:40 AM »

My walls are a sky blue, I have a desk that's white with lavander drawers, a large computer desk that has a cabinet type thing on top that I painted lavander with light blue stars on the cabinet doors, an antique dresser that I got from my grandpa (dark wooden one). The basic color pallette is blues and purples and maybe some pink could be added.
The only ideas I have is a music/superstar type theme, that way it would go along with the Reba photos I have framed on the wall.  I did take some AOL CDs and glue them together with the shiny side exposed, drilled holes in them, and hung them on my ceiling and I think that looks pretty neat. I do have some things that I think are cute like tiny purple, silver, and gold music notes that I put on the walls like between photos and such (they were originally Christmas ornaments) and I made some little stars that I put glitter on and also hung on the wall, just a couple here and there of those things, not too many.
Also, on my futon (which I don't like, wish I had a daybed or something, but can't afford to get another bed) I have a smily face body pillow, purple pillows, and two little white lacy ones, and a throw blanket over the back.
But, somehow the room just doesn't seem to fit together right for some reason. Maybe it's just me, but I just don't think it does. I don't know what it is that just seems off about it. Maybe I have too many pictures on the walls (all framed, some in black ones and some in silver ones), maybe just that the antique dresser (which I don't want to paint or get rid of) doesn't match the rest of the room.
The desk that's white with lavander drawers, I once stenciled different Reba song titles on there and now those are fading and I don't like that anymore. I don't want to paint the desk and need something I could do with the top of it that would fit with the music/superstar theme. Any suggestions on that?
I also have a desk chair that's tan on the back, red on the inside, and has black arms, and is on wheels. I don't like the fact that it's tan with black arms and don't care for the red. It just really doesn't match anything else. I could also use any suggestions on that.
Sorry, I keep asking questions and stuff, but I just don't know much about interior decorating and don't really know what to do to make my room come together and look good. Thanks for the help!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006 11:41:46 AM by fancycrafter » THIS ROCKS   Logged
MartiniMonsters
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2006 11:41:27 AM »

Curtains always seem to help tie a room together and you don't even need a sewing machine to make them. Depending on the size of your window(s) it could get expensive but there are always sales. You could use the same fabric to cover the top of your desk, or you could use cds or records if you want it music themed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dogsarecool
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2006 01:58:51 PM »

Covering the top of the desk with fabric is a great idea! There are tons of different fabric designs so there is definitely something that will match your decor. :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
New Holiday Party Hair Ideas
How to Get Volume in Your Hair for Christmas
Messy Braids Hairstyle: Backstage at Nicole Miller Spring 2014 Show
How to Do Retro Rockabilly Hair
How to Use Dry Shampoo
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...