A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,116
Currently Running With Scissors:
357 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I Hate this Shawl  (Read 4796 times)
Tags for this thread: shawl , wrap  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

marimbachick
High Priestess of the Temple of Sexiness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2006 07:23:00 AM »

I made my mother a TINY little ascot scarf out of that metallic ladder yarn (not matrix, whatever Lion Brand's version is called) last Christmas and it KILLED me.  Then I got stupid and used the leftover to make a waist shawl/belt for myself (to wear at my recital), which took even longer.  And THEN I bought a couple balls of incredible to make a 'thank you' for a friend who accompanied at my recital, and that wasn't so bad, because it was just a simple dropstitch scarf, but it still stunk.

No more ribbon yarns for a while now.

Your shawl looks fantastic, though, and your mom will surely love it, as my mom loves hers.  She wears it over a caftan or loose top when she goes to fancy places.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We need the Falkland Islands...for strategic sheep purposes."
angelwings219
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2011 09:37:22 PM »

i must say i absolutley love this shawl....you did an amazing job, personaly i love ribbon yarn...be proud of your shawls and smile Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cherade9
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2011 01:29:41 PM »

I feel your pain. Some ribbon yarns can work, if they're solid knitted tubes for example and you keep them from twisting as you knit. I can't abide any kind of fake 'fur' yarns or Snowflake fuzzy soft yarn. It's too frustrating to bother with. I even find then a pain to crochet with, though it's easier. I'm pondering if they'll be easier to weave with.. we shall see!

P.S. Your mum will love it because *you* made it. Us mums are like that. When my son brings home his artwork it's a real and genuine thrill that he made it for *me*. Even my master knitter of a mum appreciates me knitting for her, especially socks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whats_her_name
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2011 10:29:27 AM »

Well, you may not like it, but I'm sure your mom will LOVE it! It's beautiful and elegant looking and very impressive to someone like me who can't knit or crotchet a damn thing! Lol. Smiley

I second that!  It looks gorgeous and I have this EXACT stuff and about to make a shawl for MY mom with it too!! So as much as I'm not looking forward to fighting with this stuff, I am impressed with the final result.

I also love the bead and charm details - that's brilliant!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Best & Worst Style
The Best & Worst Celebrity Beauty Of The Week
How To Highlight and Contour Your Abs
How To Make Blackhead-Removing Mask
Missing Beauty Products From the U.S.
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...