A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 313,040
Currently Running With Scissors:
645 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Board for Bartering/Trading/Selling  (Read 18246 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists

The crafty diva is on the loose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2004 10:05:28 AM »

post picture and ask what you are looking for in exchange - people can pm or post when they have somehting they want to trade - i think pm's are probably better due to pages and pages of stuff - i think you should always have to post a pic - due to trading ----

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2004 01:26:44 PM »

i think it would be a great idea for people to send you emails and then you store em and check em on ecxel.... so start working on that Wink
i have a lot of junk jewelry that i dont want and i have a lot of funky stuff . hehe

What Goes Around-Comes Around-So Make it Beautiful

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2004 03:11:18 PM »

I think it would be cool to have a swap board on this site, too, but there is one at www.artisansexchange.com (that's Artisan's Exchange, not Artisan Sex Change...)

artisansexchange[/color] [/glow][/b]

Red light special.....
When I first saw the link for Artisan Exchange...I was like "Whoa...I know we are all crafty...but there's a place and time..."

Jezebel Jill
« Last Edit: February 24, 2004 03:12:50 PM by JezebelsJeans » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stix on the Beach: Tales From The Happiest Hooker!
indie anna 58
"I am for an art that is political-erotical-mystical, that does something other than sit on its @ss in a museum." Claes Oldenburg

No Beefcake Without Irony

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2004 06:15:30 AM »

I'd be interested in trading finished products with other folks on Craftster... but maybe we should just setup a Yahoo Group for this?!

I'm sure Leah has enough to handle already  Wink

You are right, I don't want to burden Leah.  So I am looking into the group and I am working on a name so stay tuned everyone for a grand opening!

Great news! Please post the "grand opening" notice!! (I signed up for the Artists Exchange site. Never even got my confirmation email and there is a definite lack of activity at that site...too bad really as it seems like a good idea that maybe just never got off the ground.) Also, I really like the idea of exchanging finished work.

Glitter on the mattress
Glitter on the highway
Glitter on the front porch
Glitter on the hallway
-LoveShack/The B52s

You can't make me grow up!!!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2004 09:56:20 AM »

i would realy want to partisipate.i think it should go like this. post a pic of what you have and stuff you would like. i know there are some knitted items i would love but i cant knitt. i have a bunch of things i have that i dont need like mens ties.

sock monkeys rule
« Last Edit: February 28, 2004 02:19:11 PM by princess_me » THIS ROCKS   Logged
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2004 08:08:54 AM »

Things have actually picked up quite a bit at Artisans' exchange. I have made 10 or more successful trades in the last month and a half. I've been trading mostly my finished items for other's supplies. I find there are more professional type supplies and things there than I've found here (ie bamboo knitting needles vs. capri sun pouches) Anyhoo, everyone kept saying how it was so empty over there-that's cause you didn't join ya big galoot! Seriously tho, it's been better for me than the swap post here (no offense, but people don't like to read instructions and it's kinda annoying) I'm up for a separate board tho-it would be a lot easier to navigate than one thread.
Revolution Rock-making, Screen-printing, "Next Great American Novel"-writing collage artist/enigma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2004 08:29:39 AM »

"I think it would be cool to have a swap board on this site, too, but there is one at <link removed>

That's so funny.... that's exactly what I thought of while roaming the boards one day! heehhee

<<Link removed -- domain in mention is now owned by an adult entertainment site>>
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008 04:35:07 AM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged
It doesn't feel like exercise when you're wearing chiffon.

Forget Stitch n Bitch. Nurse n Knit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2004 07:48:29 PM »

I joined artisan exchange awhile ago and have several trades in progress...so far so good, but Im interested in the yahoogroup if there is one also. Smiley

visit www.freetostitchfreetobitch.org
my blogs can be found at livejournal (cheekymama) and blogspot (cheekymamaof2)
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2004 11:26:29 PM »

So has anyone made any progress on the yahoo group? Or is it on Artisan's Exchange? Or has the whole thing been completely scrapped? Coz I'm really interested in a swapp-y sorta thing. On that note, is anyone interested in swapping zines?

Dear Duct Tape, You hold my life together. <3 M.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2005 11:10:42 AM »

I think it would be great to have a board for people to sell or swap craft materials. I'm sure I'm not the only one who goes through craft phases, and I often wish I could swap some of my embroidery/crocheting/bead supplies for something else. Also, it would be helpful to people who buy things in bulk--I got a box of 100 overhead projector sheets to make stencils, and I'll never be able to use all of them!

The problem with this board would be a proliferation of posts from companies that sell craft supplies. Maybe there could be a stipulation that the board is only for personal (non-retail) use?

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn about the Range of Available Lenses - part 2
How to use the Shutter Priority Mode or Tv Mode
How to use the Modes on Your dSLR
Learn about Reciprocity
Learn about the Range of Available Lenses - part 1
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Spinach Feta Breakfast Quiche
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Asymmetric Cowl
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Felt Basket

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...