A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,182
Currently Running With Scissors:
504 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Board for Bartering/Trading/Selling  (Read 16365 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

www.sly-eye.com

"Do crafts not drugs!"-Kitty Foreman,That 70s show

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2004 12:27:56 PM »

There are SO MANY fab projects out there and most of them I have no time or desire to learn or want to go but the supplies for yet ANOTHER project.  

But there are some things I can do and do all the time - sewing purses and skirts, make jewelry.

So I was thinking is there anyone that would be interested in starting a barter list?  And would the craftster admin mind if that list was on here or should it be separate.

The way it would work is something like this - a person lists what they are looking for (i.e. felted purse) and lists the things they make (i.e. patchwork skirts, button earrings, bottlecap jewelry).  

Then people review the list of wants/haves and see if there is a match.  

The only trick is negotiating a fair barter value.  This negotiation would be the sole responsibility for the parties involved.  Craftster.org would not be responsible for that or the guarantee the trade will go through.

All this site (or wherever it ends up) would be is a forum for postings.

So what does everyone think?  Would people be interested?

Morgan
THIS ROCKS   Logged

comfits
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2004 12:36:53 PM »

i'd be interested.  i always see cute/cool little projects that i'd like to have.  i don't know how'd you work this very well, tho.  i'm sure it'll all get figured out!  i make a lot of stuff, but i guess i'll wait til all the details are sorted before i go into specifics.  oh, and what you want/ what you make would have to be VERY specific i would think??  hope this works out somehow!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
www.sly-eye.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2004 12:42:14 PM »

i'd be interested.  i always see cute/cool little projects that i'd like to have.  i don't know how'd you work this very well, tho.  i'm sure it'll all get figured out!  i make a lot of stuff, but i guess i'll wait til all the details are sorted before i go into specifics.  oh, and what you want/ what you make would have to be VERY specific i would think??  hope this works out somehow!!

Well negotiations would have to happen via pics and descriptions.  And it would have to be an honor system.  I am thinking of starting a yahoo group to manage this.

Morgan
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aspenwall
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2004 12:45:40 PM »

http://www.craftster.org/yabbse/index.php?board=41;action=display;threadid=2517;start=msg17469#msg17469

and

http://www.artisansexchange.com/forums/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
www.sly-eye.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2004 12:53:45 PM »

Aspenwall -

Thanks for the info, I wasn't aware this group was out there.  It seems to be an awesomeplace to get supplies but I didn't see too much with completed items.  

I was wondering has anyone gone to that site for completed items?

Morgan
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aspenwall
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2004 12:57:03 PM »

Yea, actully there isn't much response on that board.  I am in the middle of a trade on there right now...but its very slow going, I am all for an exchange program
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dahlea
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2004 01:03:03 PM »

I think this sounds like a good idea. I joined the Artisan's exchange also, and am trying to get a couple of trades going. It's such a great idea, but it doesn't seem many people know about it. And doing it for finished items would be awesome! I never have any money (imagine that, I spend it all on supplies!) so this would be really cool! Put me on your list and let me know what you end up doing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
abricot
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2004 02:11:09 PM »

I signed up for Artisans Exchange, but like many said - it seems to be lacking in user count.

I'd be interested in trading finished products with other folks on Craftster... but maybe we should just setup a Yahoo Group for this?!

I'm sure Leah has enough to handle already  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lovely Craaaft! Wonderful Craaaft! Lovely Craaaft! Wonderful Craft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. Cra-a-a-a-a-a-a-ft. <--- sing to the tune of the "Spam" song....
www.sly-eye.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2004 03:00:40 PM »

I'd be interested in trading finished products with other folks on Craftster... but maybe we should just setup a Yahoo Group for this?!

I'm sure Leah has enough to handle already  Wink

You are right, I don't want to burden Leah.  So I am looking into the group and I am working on a name so stay tuned everyone for a grand opening!

Morgan

THIS ROCKS   Logged

leah
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

formerly "the craftster admin" - viva craftster!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2004 10:01:48 AM »

Just so y'all know, Morgan aka sly-eye has offered to moderate a little bartering forum here at Craftster.

I just want to work a out a few details with how this is going to work, run this all by Morgan, and then we'll start it up.

Feel free to post ideas for how you think this should work here...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to support Craftster? Find out about becoming a Friend of Craftster!

{ craftastic.com | leahkramer.com | helloadorable.com }
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Wash Your Hair
How to Wash Your Hair Scientifically
How to Use Natural Hair Dye
How to Get a Great Haircut at the Barbershop
How to Use Hot Rollers to Curl Your Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...