A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,709
Currently Running With Scissors:
678 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Board for Bartering/Trading/Selling  (Read 16229 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

unladylike
« on: November 20, 2003 04:18:45 PM »

Would people on this site like a category for swapping craft goods?  Seems like a good way to get supplies on limited income.  If this site isn't the place - do any of you know of such a site?  I've looked at lots of barter sites, but mostly people are trading books, music and such.  Another idea is to trade completed crafts for supplies, craft books and magazines, etc.  Thanks for feedback - Laura
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008 12:22:31 PM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Just to be is a blessing; just to live is holy"- Rabbi Abram Heschel

"To create is divine." - Unladylike
creatingme
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2003 08:15:12 AM »

I would personally love that.  I always have stuff that I would love to trade.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yami mcmoots
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2003 06:33:20 PM »

I'd be into a swap forum - my scrap quilting stash needs some help, but all the $1/yd shops have a 3 yard minimum... plus, who else can appreciate the kind of random junk we crafters accumulate? Wink

Is your cow fabric fake fur / fuzzy?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aspenwall
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2004 12:42:59 PM »

Heeeeello craftster-ers!  I've been thinking about this for some time.  There are supplies that I have that someone may need.  And someone else may have the things I need.  Get it so far?  I'm not sure how to go about this but I'd like to set up some kind of exchange.  For instance, right now I need Capri sun pouches and tissue paper.  I don't have either of those things but I have to exchange many empty cigarettes boxes, clear vinyl bags, a coupla chunks of melt and pour soap. and fabric up the wa-zoo.  Anyway, what do you think?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2004 09:57:10 AM by the craftster admin (leah) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
indie anna 58
"I am for an art that is political-erotical-mystical, that does something other than sit on its @ss in a museum." Claes Oldenburg

No Beefcake Without Irony

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2004 01:01:34 PM »

Heeeeello craftster-ers!  I've been thinking about this for some time.  There are supplies that I have that someone may need.  And someone else may have the things I need.  Get it so far?  I'm not sure how to go about this but I'd like to set up some kind of exchange.  For instance, right now I need Capri sun pouches and tissue paper.  I don't have either of those things but I have to exchange many empty cigarettes boxes, clear vinyl bags, a coupla chunks of melt and pour soap. and fabric up the wa-zoo.  Anyway, what do you think?

I think we just had an "identi-thought" moment! That's a great idea. Any more thoughts on how it would work? For instance, like a formal "I've got...I need..." area or just putting up a "WANTED" post(-er)?  (groan) Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Glitter on the mattress
Glitter on the highway
Glitter on the front porch
Glitter on the hallway
-LoveShack/The B52s
aryn
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2004 01:24:14 PM »

There's this thing called "the great stash redistribution project" - it's for yarn, and they just toss stuff in a box, and send it to the next person, that person takes out what they want, puts in an equalish amount and sends the box to the next person.

I guess that might not for this because there are so many different types of supplies that everybody has/wants, but it's one idea, anyway.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aspenwall
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2004 01:27:33 PM »

Ugh i am so mad, i lost my whole post!!!! Argh, right at the exact moment she was moving this post I was trying to respond....arrrgh, ha, listen to me!  I'm the craftster pirate hehehe.  Anyway, my idea is to use one of me e-mail addresses and have ppl e-mail me with what they have available and what they want, then keep track of it all in excel.  Then I could notify each of them when there is a match, or somthing similar to a match.  how does it sound?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aspenwall
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2004 01:30:54 PM »

aryn - thats awesome, I didn't know about that, I will be starting something similar to that soon with fabric instead of yarn...thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
indie anna 58
"I am for an art that is political-erotical-mystical, that does something other than sit on its @ss in a museum." Claes Oldenburg

No Beefcake Without Irony

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2004 01:31:27 PM »

Hey aryn. This is nothing to do with the craft exchange. But that picture in your post? That's a very cool lookin' necklace there. Did you make it? Has there been a post up about that necklace? Tutorial? Sorry. I always get distracted by any piece of cool lookin' jewellry.  Roll Eyes I just had a thought! (Yes! Miracles do happen!) Let's think big!!! We should aim really high and at some point have a great big old Craftster Jamboree!!! Yee-haw! We could pick a central location...meet up...and exchange stuff in person! Whad'ya say, gang? Leah?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Glitter on the mattress
Glitter on the highway
Glitter on the front porch
Glitter on the hallway
-LoveShack/The B52s
aspenwall
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2004 01:32:31 PM »

Awwww! See, thats why I come here, because you guys are geniuses!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon SD770 IS: Set for Night Portrait Scene
Canon SD770 IS: Set for Night Landscape Scene
Canon SD770 IS: Set for Museum Scene
Canon SD770 IS: Set for Macro/Close-up Scene
Canon SD770 IS: Set for Landscape Scene
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...