A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,169
Currently Running With Scissors:
494 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 3 FO's from Scarf Style  (Read 1265 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

legallyblonde
« on: February 04, 2006 11:14:26 AM »

I'm usually not a fan of knitting scarves but I bought the book Scarf Style after seeing that I wanted to make several of them!  I have made 3 already, 2 for Christmas gifts and one for myself.

The first is Ruffles. It took less than 4 balls of Cashmerino and is really long, about 92".  I'm only 4'11!  I did it in my team's colors (Kentucky) for wearing to games and rushed through it so it would be done in time for the last football game at the end of November.  It kind of blends in with my shirt here but I love this picture because of my sweetie little dog.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/legallyblondeky/Knitting/Im001121.jpg

I did another Ruffles as a gift for my best friend.  It was supposed to be a Christmas gift but I didn't finish it until recently.  I'm horrible  Wink  I used 3 skeins of Berroco Softtwist.  It's shorter than the other, about 66" long, but this second one seemed to take forver to knit, after having done one already, so I didn't start another ball.  
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/legallyblondeky/Knitting/Im001241.jpg

For a work Secret Santa, I drew the name of someone who makes jewelry so I knew she'd appreciate something handmade.  Backyard Leaves was the scarf I really fell in love with in the book, and she'd be a perfect recipient.  I used 3 balls of Plymouth Suri Merino which is super soft and nice to work with.  It's about 70" long.  I am crazy about this pattern!  This is only the first half of it but it shows off the pattern better than some of the other pics I took. I did weave in ends. Smiley

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/legallyblondeky/Knitting/Im001138.jpg
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011 09:22:33 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

magnum
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006 11:34:08 AM »

it's funny, I saw that scarf( ruffles) in my local knitting store, and I loved it, was going to make it but i'm to cheap to buy the book as I haven't really been into the scarf thing lately..but those look beautiful! did you find the ruffle pattern complicated? is it worth buying the book for?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

defenestrate!
ktkntr
Hey little boy, what you got there? Kind sir, it's a mollusk I found.

Sassyfrassy lassy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006 11:34:24 AM »

Great job! Especially on Backyard Leaves- that chart is frightful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

funkalisious jewelry:  www.zoo-loo.com
at etsy, too: www.ilovezooloo.etsy.com
legallyblonde
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006 12:00:46 PM »

Magnum, I can't bring myself to buy knitting books for just one project, especially a $20+ knitting book  You may want to see if your library has it.  I've checked out a lot of knitting books from mine so I could decide whether I liked enough of the projects to justify the cost.  It's not difficult at all.  It's done with short rows which are really simple for this project.

KnitPicks has a similar looking project...

http://www.knitpicks.com/Projects/itemid_50355220/Projects_Display_Yarn.aspx

kt- the chart does look a little intimidating at first but it's not bad!  It's tough to do while watching something else since you have to count on both RS and WS but you can quickly discover mistakes.  You repeat it about 20 times so I enlarged the chart and made a copy for each repeat.  I highlighted each line as I finished it.  It made it a lot easier to keep track of where I was in the project.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ktkntr
Hey little boy, what you got there? Kind sir, it's a mollusk I found.

Sassyfrassy lassy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006 12:26:06 PM »

Making a copy is a great idea! I might have to try that for lace knitting...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

funkalisious jewelry:  www.zoo-loo.com
at etsy, too: www.ilovezooloo.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Improve Your Crochet Stitching Part 1/2
How to Join Crocheted Yoyos with a Hexagonal Net Stitch
How to Improve Your Crochet Stitching Part 2/2
How to Join Crocheted Yoyos with Regular Net Joining
How to Halve Your Single Stitch Count
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...