A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 316,591
Currently Running With Scissors:
452 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pride and prejudice presents help  (Read 3704 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sophroworth
« on: February 03, 2006 03:26:39 PM »

hey everyone!
Ok, so its my friends birthday in a months time, but me wanting to be prepared, i decided to start making her present today, She's mad about Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen + shes getting the film for her birthday, So, I wanted to make her a box full of p+p type things.So far, I've come up with a tshirt with pictures on + i've made little fimo pink heart beads + im going to make her a little fimo darcy + elizabeth beads, but does anybody have any other ideas?
It would be very useful if you do
Thanks!
Soph xxxxx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It is my intention to raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weaselly black guts out....
slackferno
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006 09:40:20 AM »

Hmmm...this could take some stretching.  It's not like it's based on a product-based culture like ours.  You could make a rose-based fragrance spray for her out of essential oils and de-natured alcohol and call it Lady Catherine de Burgh's Eau de Rosings.  Um...a small embroidered sampler with music notes, a la Mary.  Lydia's emergency overnight pack (lipgloss, a pre-paid credit card, and condoms), Jane's emergency overnight pack (Sniffs kleenexes, dayquil, nyquil---didn't she ALWAYS have a cold?), and maybe a copy of the "sequel" Mr. Darcy Takes a Wife.  It's an exceedingly silly book, but fun anyway.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Caroline8
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006 09:55:30 AM »

woop! hey sophie, its not months till her birthday, its in like 2 weeks! we must get cracking. i'll have a mooch around the internet to see if there are any p and p based products we could buy/make.

the book sounds like a good idea (thanks slackferno), i'll have a look on amazon for it
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CellophaneFlowers
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006 11:30:40 AM »

You could include ribbons. I only saw the movie, but they went to buy ribbons for the ball....Seems like "the" accessory of the time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Faith and begorrah...
Sophroworth
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2006 10:34:58 AM »

Yeah that would be really cool, ooh i love ribbons as well
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It is my intention to raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weaselly black guts out....
Irish_Belle
I put my hands among the flames. Nothing burns.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2006 11:26:44 AM »

H & M had a gorgeous boy hairclip, which i bought. That was in ireland.. so im not sure if youd be able to get it..

maybe some old fashioned hairclips? victoriana was all out. like someone said.. ribbons.. loads of them, even if its just for wrapping the thing. what girl dosent love ribbons?! you could put some rose-petals in the package.. quite romantic-esque. you could get an old style photoframe, or get a cheap one, and distress it with sandpaper.. with cream and gold paint, whatever, and stick a photo of Mr.Darcy in it... Colin Firth, Matthew McFadden. Whatever she prefers! Try and get a publicity picture, you know so it looks posed, and they're lookign at the camera.. l(looks like they're staring at her), you could age it in adobe.. or the old fashioned way.. tea bags!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Caroline8
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2006 12:52:50 PM »

wow these are really good ideas, i've got an ikea photoframe i could 'distress', how about some hankerchiefs with her initials on?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cait
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2006 05:38:22 PM »

there's a book called "Jane Austen's Guide to Dating" that I have and I absolutely love it. It has the cutest cover, and has little quizes and questions that reference all of her books. Its not as lame as it sounds, its actually really awesome. its more of a fun thing, not so much an actual guide.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Irish_Belle
I put my hands among the flames. Nothing burns.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2006 09:24:58 AM »

some more ideas Tongue

get an old jam jar, that looks old fashioned if you can.. you could put some old fashioned looking candy in it. or squares of chocolate, tie lacy fabric round the top, and seal with a ribbon!
you could get a phone book, or a nice pld looking notebook, and maybe do that up yourself.
does she have the pride and predjudice (2005) soundtrack? thats a must if she dosent, i have it, and its wonderful.

let us know how it goes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hayz
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2006 03:45:33 AM »

make some writing paper and envelopes (oldey looking) because elizabeth was so into her "corrospondence" or however u spell that.
make her a sign thing maybe for her car or for as you walk through her front door-one of the most famous quotes in the book- the one about a man with a large fortune must be in want of a wife" one.
erm...
the book "the jane austen boook club"
cant think...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

handmade ballet flats

my etsy - http://www.footloosefancyflats.etsy.com
my web - www.footlooseandfancyflats.com (under construction)
myspace -
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrap Busting Artwork
Let's Monkey Around!
Meatless Monday: Lemon Cornmeal Waffles

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...