A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 299,124
Currently Running With Scissors:
622 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Unconditional Swap (February)  (Read 23906 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jaami
was born with roses in her eyes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2006 11:55:26 AM »

I was so spoiled today, and spoiled in a very funny way indeed! Thanks to vegbee who sent an awesome surprise package - let me explain the funny story to it, or, funny to me anyway.

I hung out this morning with a boy I've been rather smitten with, and as we were on our way somewhere, he asked why I am vegan (funny thing #1). I told him all about it, and later on down the road the topic of books came up. He was telling me some books I should check out, and I was trying to find my copy of Still Life With Woodpecker (my most favorite book ever ever ever) by Tom Robbins for him (funny thing #2). I adore Tom Robbins. The book is really important to me, and I knew he just HAD to read it. Blah blah, four hours later he has to head home to go to work, so I cruise home to grab the mail. Find a package in it for me, which always makes me excited, and I rushed into the house to open it. The FIRST TWO THINGS that fell out of the package were 1) a button that says "ask me why I'm vegan" and 2) a button with a picture of Tom Robbins on it. My heart just about skipped a beat - for a moment it was as if the universe was smiling down on me (cross your fingers that this is a good sign! I need some snuggling in my life!!!!).
Also inside were six more buttons and two great necklaces - she spoiled me, they're great!

the real kickers!

Thank you so much vegbee! They're awesome and so are you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've been away from the site going through lots of medical testing. If I have not wrote you or mailed something, please understand that my concerns right now are my health and I will send things asap!

Please DO NOT COPY the toys, drawings or stickers I make. They're copyrighted!
lamamarco
Lauren :)

sewing IS love.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2006 10:22:22 PM »

Wow you all got awesome stuff Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

simplysara

I cut the cheese the best!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2006 11:10:43 AM »

Wow, everyone has such great stuff.  I'm sending tomorrow. 

So, I have a bizarre accident to share with everyone, something that did not happen while crafting, but has definitely slowed my progress.

On Monday night I was slicing a baguette (bread) and the bread slipped and the edge of it, the hard crust part, got shoved under my thumbnail, and separated the skin from my thumbnail!   I had no idea how much I used my thumb, and how much pressure I put on my thumb on a regular basis. 

It's finally started to get better but I've had to limit my crafting to about 15 minutes at a time or it starts to bleed again (anyone want a bloody craft?) and modify my yoga practice... all for a stupid baguette.  I guess I learned the hard way that carbs really are bad for you!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
lamamarco

sewing IS love.

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2006 03:18:01 PM »

I got my buttons from, handlethis! THanks sooo much! I love them Smiley

Anyway, here are the pictures.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

handlethis
Monica

I got soul but I'm not a soldier

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2006 04:06:02 PM »

haha..im glad you liked them!! I actualy have a huge stash of indie buttons and random buttons...so I thought I would spread the word of indie business owners...I got a few at some craft shows....in the mail for ordering something off a website....from craftsters in swaps....but most the patterned and fabric ones are from me....i just got another button maker[one inch] and i love it...so im spreading the randomness everywhere...hahah
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Writer78
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2006 04:09:31 PM »

On Monday night I was slicing a baguette (bread) and the bread slipped and the edge of it, the hard crust part, got shoved under my thumbnail, and separated the skin from my thumbnail!   I had no idea how much I used my thumb, and how much pressure I put on my thumb on a regular basis. 

It's finally started to get better but I've had to limit my crafting to about 15 minutes at a time or it starts to bleed again (anyone want a bloody craft?) and modify my yoga practice... all for a stupid baguette.  I guess I learned the hard way that carbs really are bad for you!

I love this story!  Poor Sara!  Sort of makes you wonder, if your bread is powerful enough to draw blood, doesn't it??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lamamarco

sewing IS love.

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2006 10:17:23 PM »

haha..im glad you liked them!! I actualy have a huge stash of indie buttons and random buttons...so I thought I would spread the word of indie business owners...I got a few at some craft shows....in the mail for ordering something off a website....from craftsters in swaps....but most the patterned and fabric ones are from me....i just got another button maker[one inch] and i love it...so im spreading the randomness everywhere...hahah

What kind of button maker do you have? Is it worth it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lucy van pelt
in the sky, with diamonds

lie back and think of england

« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2006 05:06:19 PM »

Many thanks to redheadedali for my Charles Dickens book! I haven't read this one yet, believe it or not!  Smiley Apparently this version was an outcast from the Bauder College Library - and came complete with filled-out library card dating back to 1990!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knottydottie

Live with no regrets.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2006 08:06:54 PM »

Ok...so these are really really late in getting posted, but finally some pics!

I received the nicest birthday/valentine gift from Writer78, she sent me two wrapped gifts with cards!  One for my 30'th birthday present and one as a valentine!

Here is my birthday gift, a beautiful drawstring bag with map fabric:

She even made a little treasure map like trail with a big red X (somehow this seemed like the perfect metaphor for me turning 30!)
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/19946writer78-bag.jpg

Here's the funny "revamped" card, sparkly mermaids and all...hehe...ahh to be 6 again:
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/19946writer-78-card.jpg

And here is my valentine surprise, some funky deer crossing sign earrings:
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/19946writer78-earrings.jpg

Thank you so much Writer78, your gifts were so thoughtful and I love them!

Wink
knottydottie

« Last Edit: January 18, 2012 02:27:33 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
knottydottie

Live with no regrets.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2006 08:20:12 PM »

Once again, apologies for how long this has taken me bobolink, tonight is my official "get caught up on crackster" night.  hehe.  

Bobolink chose my wish for "uber nerdy jewelry" and boy did she deliver! and it's so authentic too, beings she is a pHD basic science biologist! Prepare yourself for the most fantastic nerd fest ever!

First, the whole shabang, radioactive material sticker and all:

As an added bonus, she made me buttons, including my favoritest quote ever from the steve colbert report.  I also must add that she took the photos on the other two buttons herself, they are microscope photos of yeast cells "budding" or reproducing. how cool is that?  these buttons ROCK.

and now onto the jewelry...earring and necklace set crafted out of eppendorf or microcentrifiage tubes.  hehehehe....she says they are a staple in her lab.

thank you bobolink for the coolest dorkiest package ever!  unleash nerd fury!!

Wink
knottydottie
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012 02:26:39 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Francis Slakey on Fitness
The Life of Queen Lead-Singer, Freddie Mercury
A New Sense of Social Purpose
Climbing Mt. Everest
Two Foot Fred Autobiography Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...