A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,629
Currently Running With Scissors:
646 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Unconditional Swap (February)  (Read 22630 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

KerriedAway

Goldenly Delicious

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2006 12:52:33 AM »

smrfchic you can stop that nail biting because i ADORE everything you sent me!

If you took pics, please put em up, even though i know it'll make these other craftsters jealous Wink

She not only fulfilled my wish for some kitchen pineapple wall art with this fantastic, textured painting of none other than a pineapple, but she ALSO sent me the best drawstring pouch full of travel goodies that I get to take with me tomorrow on my trip to Wales!  The fabric is the best, inside and out.  I'm in love. She even included a very cute hawiian pin up girl card that matches the pineapple painting. 

I'm so lucky to have had smrfchic fulfill my wishes, she's so dreamy ~swoon~

Thank you ever so much! You've made a very long, stressful week so much better. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the ravens and the seagulls push each other inward and outward
inward and outward
in this place that i call home
my brain's the cliff, and my heart's the bitter buffalo
smrfchic
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2006 10:26:04 AM »

smrfchic you can stop that nail biting because i ADORE everything you sent me!

If you took pics, please put em up, even though i know it'll make these other craftsters jealous Wink

She not only fulfilled my wish for some kitchen pineapple wall art with this fantastic, textured painting of none other than a pineapple, but she ALSO sent me the best drawstring pouch full of travel goodies that I get to take with me tomorrow on my trip to Wales!  The fabric is the best, inside and out.  I'm in love. She even included a very cute hawiian pin up girl card that matches the pineapple painting. 

I'm so lucky to have had smrfchic fulfill my wishes, she's so dreamy ~swoon~

Thank you ever so much! You've made a very long, stressful week so much better. 

My pictures are kind of crappy, but I'll post what I have...

Here's a couple of pictures of the pineapple painting ~ I couldn't get a good picture of the colors...

And here's the reversible drawstring bag with travel goodies ~ one side has a tropical print with pineapples, and the other side is pictures of places in France with French writing:

~ lotion for when your skin is dry, gum to chew on the plane for your ears, chapstick, and some freshening wipes for when you feel grungy

I'm so glad you liked everything ~ my kids kept saying I needed to add a door and windows to the pineapple picture... Spongebob addicts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~ Sadie ~*~
Oh, for corn's sake!
Writer78
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2006 06:22:42 PM »

First off - I love the pineapple painting!  Excellent!

Today I was going to wait until after work to come home and open my Valentine surprise from Porfiry, but I knew I would go berserk, so I brought it to the office and opened it at my desk!  Now, keep in mind, I asked for just a Valentine and a small something to open.  Instead, I was treated like a princess!

Porfiry made me a gorgeous Victorian valentine like I wanted.  It even has designs on both sides.  I'm going to post it at my home office desk because it makes me happy just to look at it.  She also added an encouraging little note on the gold/hearts card.

Nestled in the bed of colored paper strips (an elegant touch which made me feel that much more special!), there were some chocolates (emphasis on the word "were" - they're, um, somewhere else now...  Wink ) and two giftwrapped items - one is a very fancy dark chocolate bar with a romance theme, including a love poem inside the wrapper.  (This kind of thing is SO up my alley; I can be very "swoony," and the idea of my candy bar giving me a love poem is fabulous!)  I haven't eaten this chocolate yet, but I'm looking forward to my poem!  The other giftwrapped item is a bar of oatmeal/honey herbal soap that smells *scrumptious* - what a luxury, fancy soaps!  The final item is my favorite - it's a heart-shaped, peppermint-scented little sachet pillow with a simple message: the word "courage" stitched in red cursive.  This just sums up what I needed to hear - not a "men suck/you're better off single" message, and not a "don't worry he's out there" message - just a general call to be a bold and courageous woman in life and love.

I don't know if I can say enough about how much this touched me.  I have been in a couple dozen swaps in teh past year, and this has been one of hte most memorable and meaningful gifts I've received.  As my coworkers started to talk about their romantic V-day plans and I got that twinge of self pity, I glanced down at my box of goodies and got a rush of happiness.

THANK YOU, Porfiry!  You are a lovely person, and your thoughtfulness made my day something it couldn't otherwise have been.  God bless.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craft_t_chic
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2006 07:40:59 PM »

Awww! That is too awesome! Grin I love that we all take care of each other so well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want your promo stickers...your fave local band, your etsy shop, your zine, a sticker you picked off a bar wall, or even bumper stickers! I'm covering a table & need stickers! PM me!

http://www.wists.com/craft_t_chic

Free gift with every purchase!
www.crafttchic.etsy .com
porfiry

Freedom! Forever!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2006 05:12:47 AM »

Yay, writer78, I am soooo happy that you liked everything!  I had some major swap anxiety before sending the package off.   Cheesy  My husband is not into Valentine's Day at all (he did make me burritos last night though, hah!) so it was very cool to make stuff for the holiday that someone would appreciate! 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
daydreamer13579
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2006 07:55:44 AM »

I totally forgot to post here. I got the best journal from pengwend the other day. She said she was a beginner to journal making and I really found that hard to beleive because the jouranl is great. Thank you Gwen. (If you have pic's please post)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

flrtingwdisaster
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2006 10:20:08 AM »

wow, writer78! you're so lucky. i have a boyfriend and didn't get anything like that. *jealous* he's not really into the whole valentines thing either. says it's just another day of the year. but -- he did take me out to dinner the night before Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gerbilonwheels
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2006 06:17:02 PM »

I sent Pengwend's gift out yesterday, so it'll be there super soon. Yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Writer78
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2006 07:38:22 PM »

I sent Knottiedotty a birthday/Valentines package.  I sent her a card for each event, and I made her two crafts.  For her birthday:

She's crazy for maps, so I've been saving this fabric for a chance to craft for her!  The black and white trim along the bottom was handwoven by our own onthinice.  I added a little embroidered "trail" and "x marks the spot" to each side of the pouch.  KD told me she loved it!

For v-day, I made her these earrings:

They were originally a pair of buttons that cracked me up.  I used a button shank remover tool to chop off the shanks on the back, and then I used E6000 to attach earring posts.  KD said she liked animals and also that "weird=good," so I thought these would strike her as funny.  Hope they did!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craft_t_chic
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2006 11:24:10 PM »

Haha!!! I love those earrings! Too funny!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want your promo stickers...your fave local band, your etsy shop, your zine, a sticker you picked off a bar wall, or even bumper stickers! I'm covering a table & need stickers! PM me!

http://www.wists.com/craft_t_chic

Free gift with every purchase!
www.crafttchic.etsy .com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Decoupage Crafts and Techniques: Fabric to Fabric Waterproof Finish
How to Etch a Monogram on Glass
How to Transfer Photo Images
How to Embellish Glass and Wood Surfaces
DIY Nursery Series: Easy Tissue Paper Wall Art
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...