A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 299,154
Currently Running With Scissors:
577 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fish Homes  (Read 7568 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TheKateasaurus
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2006 10:37:37 PM »

My freshman year of college, I kept Carl Weathers in the spare coffee pot I had.

He seems to be fine, seeing as though he's still kicking.  He seemed to like it just fine, though he did make an upgrade to a fancy fish bowl - been there about three months (had him a year and a halfish I think).

Finally got a piece of the sky, he did.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2006 11:23:55 PM »

Our fish homes are always these crazy overly involved crafty projects...lol.  Between fish & tank selection, decor, placement, etc...my boyfriend and I take forever to collaborate a new home.  I can't complain though, 'cause it gets him involved in my creative gibberish. Smiley

Batey's home is our newest home; he's in a 12 g. Nano Cube & happy as can be.  I love the LED nighttime light; it's just bright blue enough so we can see him fussing around in there after bedtime.  Smiley

This pic is still a bit cloudy, (new tank syndrome) but it's all clear now that the lovely bacteria have started working their magic Cheesy  I wanted to show the colors & decor of the tank, but realized this is the only full shot I have taken of it so far.  This is the "City Sheik" tank  Smiley  We have two other tanks..."Slate River" (Oscars & Pleco) and "Fresh River in Mexico," (general community tank) but I don't want to be a thread hog - so ya can see 'em here if you want to.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2006 02:07:21 PM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2006 11:24:39 PM »

Finally got a piece of the sky, he did.

That is too funny  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheBon

We are without leeches or wenches.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2006 07:56:20 AM »

Those are great photos Sweets4Ever! I find fish super hard to photograph because Fish, at least, wiggles a LOT. But your betta is so clear and lovely in the photos.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graphic designer, illustrator, all around nerd.

my wists!
I take pictures everywhere!
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2006 08:00:25 AM »

I find fish super hard to photograph because Fish, at least, wiggles a LOT. But your betta is so clear and lovely in the photos.

Me too!!  Actually...'cause he is so darned spastic, I put it on rapid shoot, so it takes a few frames at a time.  Usually a few of them turn out okay.

The other fish don't fuss around as much, except our Tiger Barbs (I don't have any pix of them for this reason) because they never, ever hold still!  The comets & gourami think it's there moment to shine and are always right in front of the lens.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KeenKitty
Accident free since...what time is it?

Because everyone loves a muppet...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2006 01:39:38 PM »

we have bred that rice patty betta out of them. wild bettas don't have long flowing fins like pet store fish

This is true.  Most Bettas in the wild can thrive in a rice paddy because of absolute necessity, but it is only for a short time until the rainy season hits.  And Bowl betta's are NOT even CLOSE to Wild Bettas it would be like comparing Hampsters to wild marmots.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elifante
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2006 07:37:14 PM »

we've been painting and moving stuff around so much that I havent had a chance to take a picture of my new five gallon tank. I like it so much because its vertical, I sorta dislike them when theyre long sideways. Still need to upgrade on the decorating. He has a heater now and that makes him so much happier. Except I had to take the filter out because the girl who sold it to me at fish aquarium store was as clueless as me I guess. She sold me a bottom filter and it cause all kinds of crazy bubbles, he didnt really like it. cause he couldnt make his own bubbles, and totally hasnt since being in the new place. And on top of that it didnt even work, it had these little carbon thingies and after a few days it'd just get clouded all over again. So I decided to just take it out and use it for some other fish some other time. Now Im going to have to go through some websites all over again to look for proper betta filtration, something quiet cause that one I had was super noisy too.

I really love the coral in the pictures. A++++
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gammerus

Optimus prime owns you

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2006 07:35:00 PM »

if you have a betta in a tank with a filter and such they will live a good long time. mine is about 4 and a half years old now
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kool-aid
bob of chloness

hammy hamatro!! yaay

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2006 02:06:31 PM »

arnt betta fish loners? they live on there own in small spaces ? cause at this big fish place in nottingham thts where i live ^__^ as u go in to the tropical fish theres these little tanks on there own with betta fish in there such tiny little tanks i feel sorry for them Sad there so pretty yet there supposed to be violent to other fish? well thts wht i heard.. i saw some dude who had a lava lamp fish tank he cleared out all the lava took out the eleccys and made it so the fish could live in it do u think this would work for a betta fish? cause it looked really kewwwl

EDIT!

i read this website a few mins after posting this and it says u should keep betta fish in flower vases

http://freshaquarium.about.com/cs/anabantids2/p/betta.htm heres a link
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006 02:11:55 PM by kool-aid » THIS ROCKS   Logged

im not weird.. im just magic!
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2006 02:08:59 PM »

They are okay in smaller tanks.  They can also be in community tanks with other fish, but you cannot have two betta in one tank together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Sharpen Scissors
How to Strip Wood
How to Turn a Hoodie Into a Bag
How to Turn a Hoodie Into a Laptop Bag
How to Turn a Paper Clip Into a Safety Pin
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...