A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,180
Currently Running With Scissors:
649 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Recipe box/Recipe swap!!!!! SWAP CANCELLED  (Read 5877 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mjadams
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2006 02:11:44 PM »

Details of swap:
Each person will create different recipe cards to be passed along to each swap member. The number can vary between 2 and 5 different recipes per person. Each swapper will send to each swappee, as well as creating a recipe box to gather recipes in, to one swap partner.

As stated on the first page, each person is sending between 2-5 recipes to each person in the swap, the 5 thing was just an example.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what the fred savage is going on with you?
green monk
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2006 03:25:22 PM »

flat rate postage, another wonderful idea Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I WILL BE IN THE WOODS FROM AUGUST TO NOVEMBER... GOOD-BYE COMPUTER!!!
mjadams
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2006 03:54:46 PM »

They should just be index cards, so 39 cents should cover it. Just think of all the fun mail you'll be getting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

maehem

.glitz and glamour.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2006 04:12:44 PM »

They should just be index cards, so 39 cents should cover it. Just think of all the fun mail you'll be getting!

i love getting mail from people on craftster! It makes me jump up and down!  Grin Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 alyssamae
LACEY
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2006 04:15:12 PM »

i would love to get a tonne of envelopes in my mailbox!! how awsome would that be!? thats part of the fun of this swap i think - to send out recipies and then recieve a bunch in the mail!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mjadams
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2006 04:20:01 PM »

i totally agree! Craftster mail rocks my world.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jMi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2006 05:12:41 PM »

.39 (American) x 30 swappers = $11.70 to just mail the recipes.
.39 (American) x 50 swappers = $19.05 (and some change)... factor in extra $ for out of country postage... seems a bit much especially when you factor in all of the out of country people AND the postage + supplies for your actual swap package. I know when I shipped a package to Sweden that alone cost me almost $20.
I definitely vote that people who can't afford the postage be allowed to post their recipes online for everyone to print out. Everyone else who wants to spend the money and get the mail can do as they please.

Also, to the person who commented about the 5 thing being an example, yes we can see that now but when I first read it (my mother as well) it was VERY VERY apparent to me that the example was that we were going to be in small groups and the "each" in her previous statement merely meant that we would be sending to EACH in the group. Makes sense to me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://lifeadored.blogspot.com/
Getting back into crafting! Follow along with me on my blog and see what I come up with! Smiley
mjadams
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2006 05:26:45 PM »

.39 (American) x 30 swappers = $11.70 to just mail the recipes.
.39 (American) x 50 swappers = $19.05 (and some change)... factor in extra $ for out of country postage... seems a bit much especially when you factor in all of the out of country people AND the postage + supplies for your actual swap package. I know when I shipped a package to Sweden that alone cost me almost $20.
I definitely vote that people who can't afford the postage be allowed to post their recipes on-line for everyone to print out. Everyone else who wants to spend the money and get the mail can do as they please.

Also, to the person who commented about the 5 thing being an example, yes we can see that now but when I first read it (my mother as well) it was VERY VERY apparent to me that the example was that we were going to be in small groups and the "each" in her previous statement merely meant that we would be sending to EACH in the group. Makes sense to me.
[/quote

Well, unfortunately thats not the way its set up. There was a lot of debate about this before the thread was set up. You should contact the organizer and see what she wants to do!:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jMi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2006 08:33:43 AM »

Like I said, I see that it's not the way it's set up but the sign up instructions were not that clear. The organzier cannot expect that everyone read the pre-signups in the discussion board because I for one don't frequent that area very often.
You can't assume that people will just understand because you knew how it was meant- swaps have to be blatently clear so there will not be any mistakes because if I hadn't figured this out before the send out date (or even after signups closed), I would have probably gotten negative feedback for sending the wrong way withdrawing my name because I had completely misunderstood. That's not very fair is it?

Anywho, I'm not trying to be a bitch I just need to get this off my chest because no matter what anyone argues back the sign-ups were NOT clear to me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://lifeadored.blogspot.com/
Getting back into crafting! Follow along with me on my blog and see what I come up with! Smiley
grrl82
« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2006 08:54:07 AM »

Um how about everybody get their recipes ready before the send out date then send them electronically to everybody participating. Then everyone would be responsible for printing off the recipe cards and sticking them in the recipe box they decorated and sending it off to their swap partner. That way everyone will recieve a full box of recipes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come and join the Inuyasha Swap!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=78764.0

Celebrate all things Fae in the Fae Swap!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=79942.0
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Your Artwork Shown at a Gallery
How to Draw Bobo Haha from Generator Rex
How to Draw Botasky from Apocalypse Meow
How to Draw Generator Rex
Post-Childhood Prodigies
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...