A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,183
Currently Running With Scissors:
378 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Those Day-of-the-week Kitties doing chores  (Read 3904 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sugar_doll
« on: June 19, 2004 12:36:58 AM »

You know, usually embroidered on flour-sack towels, sometimes it's bears, children, or other animals but I'm interested in the KITTIES! I've found quite a few transfer patterns for them in stores and even vintage ones on Ebay, but there is one set in particular I can't find! I saw a towel set embroidered with it on Ebay a while ago, bidding went way beyond what I was willing to spend, and I didn't think to get a copy of the pictures. Hopefully someone here will have a pattern or at least know what I'm talking about! Its two kitties, not doing chores but they look just like the ones you see doing chores. It shows the kitties courting, then getting married, then expecting a baby (or a litter of kittens. Whatever.). Next to each image was a word, they all rhymed, I can't remember them all. But, for examples, when they are courting by the light of the moon, it says 'moon', and where they are expecting a baby it says 'soon'. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I'd LOVE to be able to make a set of towels with this design, please help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Once upon a time there were four little kittens. Their names were Buzz, Fuzz, Suzz, and Agamemnon...."- Harry Whittier Frees
supah
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2004 08:35:48 AM »

have you checked out http://sublimestitching.com/ ?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alison
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2004 09:03:23 AM »

There's a brand of embroidery transfers called Aunt Martha's, and I am sure they have the kitties you are talking about.  I've seen them at Walmart and Joann's and they go for uner $2 around here.  They come in a small envelope in Red, Yellow, Blue and Green. 

If you can't find them, let me know and I can go see if they have that specific pattern here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sugar_doll
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2004 10:05:06 PM »

Thank you for your replies! We have Aunt Martha transfers here, I love those things! The cat ones from that brand are very, very similar in appearence to the ones I'm looking for, makes me wonder if it is an old, discontinued pattern of theirs? Do you know how old the company is?
Also, thank you for the tip on Sublime Stitching, they didn't have them (the courting kitties I'm looking for are too cutesy and quaint for Sublime Stitching, I think), but I LOVE all the patterns they have, I'm going to have to order a pile.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Once upon a time there were four little kittens. Their names were Buzz, Fuzz, Suzz, and Agamemnon...."- Harry Whittier Frees
katiekat82

Here, kitty, kitty, kitty...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2004 09:16:46 PM »

Hi,

Did you find them yet? If not, I found these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3285661658&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

It's a copy, so you'd need to trace with a Sulky, but it'll work!! ^_^

I think I might get them... TOOO CUTE! ^.^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dolly Parton is my spiritual leader, and Clint Eastwood is my sewing buddy.
sugar_doll
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2004 11:12:15 PM »

No, I haven't come across any yet, but thanks for the tip on these! I'm going to have to get them for my collection! Once I move into my own place I'm going to have a million cat-themed embroidered kitchen towels, I can see it now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AmphipodGirl

More projects planned than executed.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2004 09:51:06 AM »

There are some great vintage needlework patterns on line at http://www.needlecrafter.com/

click on 'library' then 'patterns' then 'days of the week', and you'll find your kittens.

-- Chris
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me for a FREE vintage embroidery transfer of mushrooms (more info in profile).
hopeevey
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2004 01:39:11 PM »

There are some great vintage needlework patterns on line at http://www.needlecrafter.com/

click on 'library' then 'patterns' then 'days of the week', and you'll find your kittens.

What a wonderful website!  Thank you Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lrschic
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2004 01:47:23 PM »

Hey! I was at Walmart just last night and I saw these cute patterns for 87 cents! That's right.. and they were Aunt Martha's and they had 3 patterns that I wrote down the numbers for that you might like:
Kitties doing chores: #3875
Day of the week Duckies: #3740
Day of the week kitties:#129
Again.. they were all Aunt Martha's.. and if you need me to help, I'd be happy to. Smiley Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men."~ Roald Dahl

My website: www.craftemagee.com
Crafty Jule
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2004 02:15:09 PM »

You might be able to find those here ....http://www.sunbonnetsue.com/auntmartha/ampage1.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Angel Food Trifle Recipe from Weight Watchers
Gluten-Free Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Vanilla Bean Brioche Recipe
How to Make Grilled Peaches With Amber Agave Ricotta
Banana, Caramel and Hazelnut Baked Alaska Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...