A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,023
Currently Running With Scissors:
387 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Odessa (Grumperina for MagKnits) KAL  (Read 24151 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sittenknitten
« Reply #90 on: November 01, 2006 01:45:05 PM »

I didn't hear back about the beads, so I'm making one for ME first, learning how the pattern works and checking size. I'm progressing awfully slow, mostly due to my schedule (not the pattern). The Cashsoft DK did have a knot in the middle of the skein, so I had to re-thread most of my beads. Doh! I've had to tink back a couple of times when I came up short on stitches at the end of the round, but I think I have the pattern figured out now. I'm really glad I did a practice one before making the "real" one. More Cashsoft is on the way from Jimmy Beans: I like the hat enough to make several more for my daughters. Pictures coming when I finish Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sittenknitten
D.I.Winer
« Reply #91 on: November 03, 2006 02:48:46 PM »

I was all excited - bought my yarn & beads today after work & then rushed home to check this thread to see if there was anything I needed to know before I start.

Here's what I now know - I bought the wrong yarn. I bought cashsoft 4-ply, not the dk - argh!  I'm going to have to put on my thinking cap to make this cap. I want to make it work with this stuff since I had to face one of my greatest fears - the bead store. That place terrifies me! I have no idea what any of the stuff is! But the beads I found are so great...

here goes nothing....
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006 03:27:08 PM by D.I.Winer » THIS ROCKS   Logged
neggie
« Reply #92 on: November 03, 2006 04:28:42 PM »

I finished mine about a week ago, and finally wore it for real (aka out of the house) today. I love it! It's warm enough for the weather, but awesome-looking enough that I wore it to classes all day, too. Smiley

Here's the action shot (ignore the creepy shadows):

I think next time I make one I'll buy a size smaller needle for the ribbing. It doesn't feel quite as snug as I'd like it-- but then again, I think I have a smaller head size than most. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sittenknitten
« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2006 06:58:32 AM »

Finished mine... unfortunately due to the needs of the intended recipient (hair falling out rapidly these days) I shipped it off without taking any pictures.  Roll Eyes

Using the Rowan Cashsoft DK in black with some size E amber beads gave a nice casual elegance to the hat. And, to answer my own question, I don't think the beads are going to be noticeable when wearing the hat (of course, my hair isn't missing.)

I sent her the Odessa along with two other styles so she will have 3 different kinds of hats to choose from. I really liked Odessa, I'm going to make one for myself too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sittenknitten
Dorkariffic
Kind of a hippy.

Hufflepuff Seeker - Dork Extrordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2006 07:04:40 AM »

Neggie, I love the colors in your hat! It looks so cute on you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LOOKING FOR A PERSONAL SWAP: I'm hoping for dinosaur-themed Xmas crackers, or other dinosaur Xmas items. I can make a Jayne Cobb hat, or many other things!

"Before we begin, I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! Thank you."

Wists & LJ links in pro
D.I.Winer
« Reply #95 on: November 12, 2006 04:57:21 PM »

I finished mine last week.

I knit it with cashsoft 4ply & size 4 needles - I cast on 130 stitches to make up for the difference

THIS ROCKS   Logged
gaucamolegreetings
« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2006 06:10:23 PM »

I love everyone's!  I want to do it now too.

Neggie, I love your colors too, are those baby blue beads on purple?  So lovely. Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
snowyangel
« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2006 07:06:33 PM »

I finished mine last week.
I knit it with cashsoft 4ply & size 4 needles - I cast on 130 stitches to make up for the difference
That is gorgeous! Dang you knitters, i envy you so much!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Funky hand bags, pillows, cat toys and more UNDER $25...
preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'www.snowyangel.etsy.com')
http://www.wists.com/snowyangel2000
rosecomet

Que papi chulo!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: November 13, 2006 07:27:24 AM »

Just wanted to add mine to the mix. Hope you like it. BTW, this was the most easiest pattern ever.  I'm in the process of making another one with beads for my mom for Xmas.

PS: I just finished my mother's. I'm sorry for the crummy pictures. I'm too lazy to the digital camera and load it to the computer. So I used my cellphone. The color looks more like neggie's but with pink beads.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2006 12:42:52 PM by rosecomet » THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftNClutter
Formerly: shuffar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: November 17, 2006 09:10:14 PM »

Do I count in the KAL, if I didn't really knit along? I just didn't want to clog the boards with yet another Odessa!

Turned out cute. I used Rowan Cashcotton DK (bought by mistake, I thought I grabbed Cashsoft) in a color I think is Lichen. Due to time constraints, I edited out the beads. Didn't want to try something completely new when I have so many Christmas gifts to get done.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008 05:17:59 PM by shuffar - Reason: fix pic » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bottles caps? Please!

::blog:: - Craft 'N' Clutter
::wists:: - inspiration & desires
::Stalker?:: - That means you,
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Dungeons & Dragons Tabletop Gaming Explained
Top 100 Pokemon: Blastoise
Top 100 Pokemon: Charizard
Top 100 Pokemon: Dragonite
Top 100 Pokemon: Lugia
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...