A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Breaking News: What's with all of the SPAM on Craftster?  Click here to find out what happened!
Total Members: 307,128
Currently Running With Scissors:
386 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Odessa (Grumperina for MagKnits) KAL  (Read 29854 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mayerlove
« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2006 10:53:50 PM »

I knit this in ONE day! Grin It was so fast and easy for me. My little sister bought it from me cause hats look so dumb on me. It was such a cool mustard/old gold color. I used size 7 DPN's and I cast on 80 stitches and went from there. It worked out perfect! Catelyn liked the wrong side better, so that ended up being the "right" side. She looks so good in hats, why did I get stuck with all the bad genes??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
grrrlennyl
« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2006 07:54:37 AM »

haha!  i don't look very good in hats, either.  luckily, my odessa is destined for my gf.  i started it on th 18th and finished it on the 21st.  hurrah!

oh, and i used pretty much exactly one skein of knitpicks shine sport in grass.  woo hoo!

apparently, my cat just couldn't stay out of the picture.  oh, wait...

if i were to make one for myself, i'd probably do an inch or two more before starting to decrease.  big head + big hair = need for a big hat.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mozilla

To Knit or not to Knit...Is that a Question?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2006 03:08:04 PM »

Just Finished.  I love knitting with beads!!! Grin Perdita now This.  Come visit my blog for more info.  Shocked
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010 02:47:33 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Women like to sit down with trouble - as if it were knitting" - Ellen Glasgow

Come visit my blog at http://peacockchic.wordpress.com
artery

...did you ever know that you're my hero...?

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2006 06:42:22 PM »

yeah, i'm late on this bandwagon, but i'm nearly finished with one for a christmas present. hurray.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

....and we rock harder than you ever knew....
cnp71201
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2006 06:51:18 PM »

I'm going to knit this sometime this fall/winter. I've already got the Cashsoft for it! I also have beads, but I think I have changed my mind about them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm crystalnickel on Ravelry!

Visit my blog at http://cnp71203.blogspot.com/. It has a little of everything... well, most things!

http://www.wists.com/cnp71203
craftykate
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2006 10:04:00 AM »

I recently bought some super soft clearance cotton in a light purple that I was thinking might work for this hat. I think it will make a good early fall hat when it's not quite cold enough for all my warm fuzzy wool hats. Now I just need to find some beads that will match. I also have a leftover skein of knitpicks shine sport which I had never thought to use for this until I saw yours, grrrlennyl. I love that green that you used.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftykate.etsy.com

Yep, it's a knit blog
http://craftykate-knits.blogspot.com/

wanna trade? I heart personal swaps.
hollydeanna
« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2006 07:05:58 AM »

Myerlove, how did the worsted version go?  I have some leftover all seasons cotton that I think would be great for this (wool always makes my forehead itch).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Why do people think artists are special? It's just another job.  --Andy Warhol
mayerlove
« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2006 01:20:25 PM »

It turned out really great. I'm not sure about how the sizes compare to each other. I cast on 80 st, ribbed, then started the pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
artery

...did you ever know that you're my hero...?

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2006 11:53:17 AM »

well, i finished three this week. all unbeaded. i'm stash bustin all my yarn that could make gauge for this hat, since it's such a brilliant pattern. the first one i knit in the movies, and the other two were knit watching tv. there are very few patterns that i can seem to memorize, and this one was one.

the blue and grey ones are drying after needing a little blocking. the yellow one is ready to gift!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010 02:41:29 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

....and we rock harder than you ever knew....
neggie
« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2006 12:28:12 PM »

I've been thinking about this hat for a while, and just bought some lovely eggplant wool this week for it. I can't wait to start... once I'm finished my current project Tongue. I was originally going to knit without beads, but looking at some of these is making me reconsider. I have to go out and get the right needles anyway, one more stop for beads couldn't hurt, right?

Hehehe... and the more I watch this thread the more I want to start! All of yours turned out wonderfully!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Move Selections in Photoshop Elements
How to See Two Views in Photoshop Elements
Using the Zoom Tool Shortcut in Photoshop Elements
Using the New Lomo Effect in Photoshop Elements 9
Backing Up Photos
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Belted Chair Seat
Tute Tuesday: Rainbow Skirt
Who? Who Loves Owls?

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...