A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,658
Currently Running With Scissors:
457 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Odessa (Grumperina for MagKnits) KAL  (Read 23801 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

t1g3rl1ly
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2006 11:43:43 AM »

littlesailor what yarn and color are you going to use? Hope your beads get there soon! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlesailor
Ms Lindz

Om nom nom nom

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2006 04:23:51 PM »

littlesailor what yarn and color are you going to use? Hope your beads get there soon! Smiley

I'm using Rowan Cashsoft DK RYC in Crush.  I love the color!  I have an extra ball, though, and I've no idea what I'm going to do with it yet.  I'll be posting pictures as soon as I do have it done   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do personal swaps!

Etsy ~ Wists ~ Blog
Zanti MissKnit

Formerly known as AndreaLH

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2006 11:06:55 AM »

Late in the game, but I cast on yesterday, got halfway through the first plain round, realized I made a few mistakes, frogged, and just cast on again today during lunch and got about 1/2 inch of the ribbing done.

I cussed it (and myself) out last night on my blog, but I'm much better now. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

violi
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2006 11:51:12 AM »

I just started this weekend. I'm using worsted Misti Alpaca, which I hope will be big enough so that the hat isn't too small when I started. I never do a gague swatch, I'm very bad.

I thought doing the bottom ribbing on the size 4s was terrible, very delicate, but now that I'm up to the size 6s it seems better.

I was okay knitting with the beads, but as I get to the round above the beads it seems difficult to knit into the bead stitch without moving the bead from the front. I've been sort of holding them down as I go, it seems to work but feels ackward.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I will have Alton Brown's baby!
Zanti MissKnit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2006 12:18:42 PM »

It is quite difficult to knit around those beads.  I'm not having a problem with that, however. . . my YOs stitches seem to have turned into dropped stitches, and I have these diagonal ladders going up the side.  It looks kind of neat, and I'd go with it, except it is obviously that in a couple of parts I have it done correctly.  I think I am going to have to frog and re-start.

I don't think my problem is with how I perform my YOs, but with how I knit those particular stitches on the next round.

Happy Spring!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlesailor
Ms Lindz

Om nom nom nom

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2006 11:10:01 AM »

Okay I'm a little late in the game here.  I completed my Odessa this past Saturday and completely forgot to post about it here!    Roll Eyes

Sooooo... here it is:

And you can see more photos here: http://mslindz.blogspot.com/2006/03/odessa.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do personal swaps!

Etsy ~ Wists ~ Blog
Zanti MissKnit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2006 11:56:05 AM »

That looks excellent!!!  I love the color you used; it looks great on you!

My update:  I am a couple of inches into it; it goes a little more slowly than I expected, but I am being super-careful not to drop stitches (I almost did a couple times).  I had to frog and/or unknit a few times, so this is my fourth go at it.  I love the yarn I am using so it makes it worthwhile.  Plus, it is neat seeing the pattern take shape.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

violi
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2006 12:30:36 PM »

OMG, I got through the ribbing and through the first beaded row and the 3 rows following. Then, I went to start the next beaded row and realized that somehow I had the wrong number of stitches (missing 4) which makes no sense because I was trying to be really careful about counting, and was using stitch markers every 10 stitches. I have no idea what the heck happened, but there was no way I could add those extra stitches without messing up the pattern (which looked fine somehow).

So I frogged it. I'm so mad. I frogged back to the ribbing, and the 4 stitches were still missing there so I frogged the whole darn thing. I'm going to start again, but I hate that sz4 needle. And this time I'm going to count count count like crazy. Grrrrrr.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I will have Alton Brown's baby!
Orange Cat
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2006 09:49:45 AM »

A llittle late but finally - another Odessa to add to the mix.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010 02:46:13 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Zanti MissKnit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2006 04:15:29 PM »

Finally -- my Odessa is done!!!

More pics and details on my blog.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Bloody Worms Treats
Removing Turkey from a Deep Fryer
Placing Turkey Into a Deep Fryer
Removing Turkey from an Oil Free Fryer
Preparing a Turkey for Deep Frying
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...