A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,551
Currently Running With Scissors:
362 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Jayne Cobb hat on a Knifty Knitter.  (Read 1846 times)
Tags for this thread: knitting_loom  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MaryIsMyRealName

da ferret is in da hood

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2006 03:06:31 PM »

Hello! I was planning on making a Jayne Cobb hat from Firefly  (you can see it here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=19076.0 ) and I going to try to make it, but it seems to be a bit advanced for me to do on needles, so I want to try it on my new Knifty Knitter. This would be my first Knifty Knitter project and I was just wondering if anyone had any tips for this hat or a similar one. Thankies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Dear Diary...today I was pompous and my sister was crazy.Today, we were kidnapped by hill folk never to be seen again. It was the best day ever."
FIREFLY!!!
BatGrrl
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006 03:12:03 PM »

Well, I can't tell you about that, but I can tell you I never knit a stitch in my life before I knit my hat from the pattern in the Jayne Cobb Hat! thread, and I think it's pretty easy.  If you know how to K and P, and you know how to keep you trailing skein on the right side when you're switching between the two, you should be  just fine doing it the old fashioned way.  If you can't find the pattern you need, give it a try.

Pieces,

Joanne
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MaryIsMyRealName

da ferret is in da hood

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006 03:17:39 PM »

I can only knit! I can't purl or do anything except  knitting! (It's embarrasing...  Embarrassed ) but so far my knitting projects= 2 1/2 scarves, just knitted. But I suppose I'll need to learn sometime, so maybe I'll give it a shot. Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Dear Diary...today I was pompous and my sister was crazy.Today, we were kidnapped by hill folk never to be seen again. It was the best day ever."
FIREFLY!!!
pinkyswear
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006 03:23:40 PM »

Purling should be no problem considering that you've done 2 1/2 scarves. [good job!]

knittinghelp.com is wonderful for learning purposes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

soadchik
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006 07:17:59 AM »

www.yarngear.com has directions on how to purl on a Knifty Knitter.

I made a hat with a scarf attached on a knifty knitter.. to make that hat, I'd just move the scarf/flap parts over to where your ears would be. 

Here's my tutorial on making the hat I made. http://community.livejournal.com/craftgrrl/7439014.html

Hope that helps  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LiranUU
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2006 02:02:58 PM »

OK. My last post was bust. I'm really new to this so bear with me.
I just finished making the Jayne Cobb hat this morning. Here's the pattern I used: http://dryope.typepad.com/grove/2006/02/jayne_cobb_hat_.html

I used Red Heart Light and Lofty yarn for this. I was really skeptical of using Red Heart yarn, but I think this turned out pretty sweet!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...