A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,058
Currently Running With Scissors:
595 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: candy bouquet?  (Read 4027 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RachOfTheJungle
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2007 11:44:09 PM »

This might be a bit of work, but you can make chocolate leaves!

You pick some non-poisonous leaves (rose would be ideal, since it would go with the buds). Then, you take some chocolate chips (or maybe some fancier chocolate in a double boiler. Smooth it on the backside of the leaf, cool, carefully peel the leaf off, and voila!

I would add a little edible canning wax (they sell it in the baking isle) to the hot mix to make them more likely to survive room temperature.

If you google chocolate leaves you can get some tutes with pictures, too. Here's one:
*http://gskck.tripod.com/themepartiesnmoregalagarnishes/id19.html

Another idea I just had: Make-your-own flower heads to go on stems w/chocolate leaves! I have never done this before but in theory it could work.

*Choose a round-ish truffle (or variety of truffles like white chocolate drizzled, mini reese's cup, etc for each flower, even.)

*Then, get some chocolate disks (you could do colored ones or white chocolate ones if you wanted, too)

*Use royal icing or another such strong, binding icing to "paste" the disks petal-style around the truffle. You can use another for a base if you need too.

You can use chocolate-filled cookie tubes like these as the stems:

Like I said, I've never tried it. It'd be some work but it'd be SOOOOO very DIY ;-)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rockin' knitting shirts I designed:

http://www.cafepress.com/stitchnsnitch
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2007 06:00:19 AM »

Walgreens sells those wafer cookies for a buck a tin - they are a different brand but are soooo tasty - and I just love the tins - my kids love those cookies so we are getting a bunch of those tins... sooner or later I will think of something to do with the tins!

But if you go that route for the stems and have a Walgreens nearby they are cheaper there than at Walmart.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
kitkabbit
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2007 08:33:31 AM »

I can offer some advice with the chocolate leaves- I've made them before.  You probably would do best to use sturdy waxy-type leaves, such as camellia or citrus leaves... the waxy coating helps you peel the leaf off and if you use sturdy leaves you get more use out of each leaf.  I wouldn't recommend using bay leaves unless you want your chocolate to taste like bay.  You can probably also use mountain laurel leaves too, those are nice and waxy also (ericacae species).  I've flavored my leaves before too, made mint and plain and orange and lemon. 

You can store them in the freezer- put them in a plastic container and layer them between wax paper, just make sure that they don't bang about in the container because they will crack if they are really thin.

If you haven't got a double boiler, just put a glass mixing bowl over top of a pot of boiling water and that will do the trick too.

Another thought-
using chocolate tootsie rolls or twizzlers to make flowers- the tootsie rolls are of a consistency like modeling clay and can be shaped, and the twizzlers can be coiled around and you can probably melt the bottoms together into place!  or simply glue them together.... hot glue gun, anyone?  pretty much any taffy- like candy can be warmed and molded.

~k
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss_Vicki

"Oh my stars and garters!"

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2007 07:20:47 PM »

I bet you could find rose shaped chocolate moulds.  I like to do home made choccies for V day.  They look flash and folks think they were difficult, but they are not hard at all.

I know not a lot of people like turkish delight (HA! more for me  Grin), but it would be cool to incorporate it somehow, it is rose flavoured after all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I heart Hank McCoy

http://www.wists.com/Miss_Vicki                     http://missvicki.wordpress.com/
sead
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2007 07:19:12 AM »

I saw Dylan Lauren (of Dylan's Candy Bar fame) on a recent episode of Martha Stewart and she hot glued mini candybars all over a cone shaped styrofoam base to make a candy topiary.  It actually looked pretty nice.  I'm sure you can find it on marthastewart.com.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jeezjessers

PWNing n00blets. :]

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2007 01:32:06 PM »

This is such a neat idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dopey_44
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2007 03:21:41 PM »

for the kiss candy in wraped red celo you can use the same tech for the leafs
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/dopey44/

http://www.wists.com/dopey_44

love to spoil when i swap Smiley
i also LOVE popcorn mmmm Popcorn
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Drew Barrymore Gets Hands On
Hollywood Holiday Glam Secrets
Anna Sui Gives Minnie Mouse a Holiday Makeover
Which Celebrity Uses Coffee Grounds Against Cellulite?
Real Housewife Kyle Richards’ Body Beauty Tip
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...