A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,708
Currently Running With Scissors:
683 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Jump to page:
    Print  
Topic: 2/1/06 - Craftster State of the Union  (Read 16741 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mommabear1963

Life is a Long Lesson in Humility"Isaac Asimov"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2006 09:11:35 PM »

I was just saying today that Craftster saved my sanity, and maybe my life.  So thanks Leah and everything you said sounds great to me. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jasmine_xoxo

I live in terror of not being misunderstood -Wilde

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2006 10:07:21 PM »

I love craftster and have sent so many of my friends here. I lurked long before my first post Smiley

The idea about the craft map would be cool, but I bet you could take it a teensy bit further...do something like citysearch.com but craftsearch.com.

My town would be portland.craftsearc h.com (or whatever). Perhaps a local person could "own" the town (area) so to speak and post a ton of stuff about it to get the ball rolling?

I dunno just yakking outloud.

Anyways - craftster made Christmas glorious this year and my wardrobe of pillow case skirts absolutely is mind blowing.

Love this site!!
xoxo
J
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Violet218
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2006 05:10:50 AM »

wow-hoo! and thanks for all the improvements - past and planned!
This site is the best!
It keeps me motivated when my crafty spirits sink and I'm so happy it's here!
*wanders off to become a friend of crafster*
Elainexx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SoCherry -
Handmade beautiful things for you!
Cute covers (phones, mp3, cameras), charms (bags, phones mp3), jewellery & stitch markers
http://socherry.etsy.com
http://socherry.blogspot.com
http://socherryknit.blogspot.com
http://www.socherry.co.uk
Zanti MissKnit

Formerly known as AndreaLH

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2006 07:53:44 AM »

The Crafty Map is a brilliant idea!  I love it!

My 2 on the "off-topic discussion"/forum . . . isn't that why we have an option to PM a user?  That's where I take my off-topic discussion!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kahluakiggy
Tirelessly working to raise the next generation of Craftsters.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2006 08:21:40 AM »

i <3 Craftster!  Y'all rock!!!

My 2 on the "off-topic discussion"/forum . . . isn't that why we have an option to PM a user?  That's where I take my off-topic discussion!

My personal opinion is that it's more fun (and easier for those of us with slower-than-death connections) to have a forum so that other people can get in on the conversation and you can make friends that you might never have met just PM'ing people.  Awww... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What doesn't kill you makes you stranger. --The Joker

After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. -- Albus Dumbledore

Sokka: My first girlfriend turned into the moon.
Zuko: Thats rough, buddy.
GroggyFroggy
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2006 08:45:55 AM »

Awesome, as always.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandalol219
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2006 09:15:21 AM »

*stands up and cheers loudly*

i love the map idea! great for those who don't know their own area  Roll Eyes not me, of course.  Tongue

great job as always!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi, I'm Amanda =]

I'm just getting back into this, but if any pictures are missing, let me know. Photobucket hates me.
BeaG
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Hi from Belgium!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2006 09:17:32 AM »

Thanks Leah for all your hard work and great plans!

It would be unreal to want Craftster to be running at full speed 24/7. There will always be periods of maintenance and of overwhelming numbers of visitors that slow things down.
It's just hard sometimes for us addicts to bring up patience... gheghe.
Gr,
BeaG
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ShiningStar
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2006 10:05:14 AM »

Great speech! I totally support you.  I have had a topic delated that was Off-Topic. I know you  just want the site to run smoothly.  The main purpose of the site is crafts.

I would like to see some kind of Off-Topic option here.  With Off-Topic you get to know people on another level.  PM is great and I love it.  But I can't PM every single member to find out how they feel on every single issue.  For example if I want to find out how people feel about posting online resumes  I would have to PM everybody because I would not know exactly which members to ask. You can't do group dissucsions with PM. The down side would be drama and fights and possible censorship.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006 01:39:11 PM by ShiningStar » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are  --John Wooden
ERPilly
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2006 11:03:36 AM »

Love the idea about the crafty business map, and the shop crafty section getting back up.  I really would love an off-topic forum.  I know it would be hard to moderate that, because the threads could get too personal or cat-fighty... Maybe a sister-site just for this?  It would be SO nice to have a forum to get to know other people's experiences with more than just crafts!  The people here seem just the type I'd love to chat with.  I know, double the work...

Also, yeah, the "down for maintenance" always comes up at the most inopportune times for me (like 9-10pm C).  I know you have a life, too, Leah... I just need more patience I guess.   Grin

The live chat would be nice for instant crafty help, but yowzers, how that would turn into an off-topic chatroom!

That said, I adore this forum, and THANKS SO MUCH for working to improve it even more!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Print  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Your Own All Natural Hair Conditioner
How to Prevent Hair Breakage
How to Protect Your Hair from Chlorine and Saltwater
How to Prevent Static Cling in Your Hair
How to Protect Your Hair from the Sun
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...