A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 300,949
Currently Running With Scissors:
748 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Isabeau, small and quick... anyone game?  (Read 46844 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

xcriot
Don't mind if I do..

MMMbop, It's like an addiction.

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 07, 2006 07:57:37 AM »

I started and finished mine lst night. Sorry, no pictures: no camera. My one problem I'm having is sewing in the lining.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If these walls came crumblin' down
Fell so hard, to make us lose our faith
From what's left you'd figure it out
Still make lemonade taste like a sunny day
SylvChezPlum
Knitting and crocheting in France

J'adoooore Crafster !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: June 07, 2006 08:22:46 AM »

I have a question. It say on the front+ back part to repeat rows 5-6 until row 21 or something... I don't remember. Do I end with doing a purl row or a knit row?

row 21 is a right side row, ie a knit row.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Patterns & free Patterns: ChezPlum - Blog - Etsy -
Rav - Craftsy
poprock6903
« Reply #202 on: June 11, 2006 10:13:47 PM »

i'm almost done with my purse! I got the first lace panel and the seed stitch bottom done all in one night (I was on a roll!) and I finished the other lace panel and the sides tonight... all that's left is blocking, lining, and making the strap/buttonhole! I'm doing mine in Sugar & Cream's Emerald color. I just have to say, this pattern was so easy to follow and the closer I get to finishing, the more excited I am! Picture coming soon, whenever I can find my digital camera! WOOO, ISABEAU!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 11, 2006 10:27:08 PM »

Yay!!! Keep 'em coming! I am so happy to see all these Isabeai~ (hoping that is the plural of Isabeau  Huh )

I worked on the Handbag version of this tonight! I was finally able to get back to it!

Emms
THIS ROCKS   Logged

poprock6903
« Reply #204 on: June 12, 2006 03:56:39 PM »

It's done!!! The pictures are kinda dull because my camera phone is being poopy today. I used a vintage black button and some random pink/white/green flowery fabric for the lining. To stiffen up the bottom, I used a strip of the cover of a spiral notebook. onto the photos!

Outside:

Inside:

I sewed up the sides because I don't know how to crochet (and don't have a hook), but I think they look pretty good anyway. Everybody else's Isabeus were awesome inspiration!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kazkitty
« Reply #205 on: June 12, 2006 05:41:39 PM »

I found this thread last night, and everyone's Isabeau's look so cute!

I'm a bit of a newbie knitter, but this looked fairly easy to do.. I started today while I was *cough* at work! *cough* and this is what I've been able to complete so far....

I used Sugar & Cream yarn.. which I've never used before... and I'm not sure if Ilike it or not.. bu tI do love the colors and the way they came out so far.. Now if I can figure out how to pick up stitches properly, I'll get myself motivated to get started on the sides!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Necia
« Reply #206 on: June 12, 2006 06:49:50 PM »

Wow the purses are looking GREAt.  I promised myself I would make another one of these, once I vamped up my sewing skills.  These purses really are so cute and quick, and can look really spectacular with the right buttons and lining, and I promised myself I was gonna do right by Isabeau.  Everyone else keep up the great work!

Necia
THIS ROCKS   Logged

caramelo

Knitting soothes me...

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 14, 2006 08:43:57 AM »

I found this thread last night, and everyone's Isabeau's look so cute!

I'm a bit of a newbie knitter, but this looked fairly easy to do.. I started today while I was *cough* at work! *cough* and this is what I've been able to complete so far....

I used Sugar & Cream yarn.. which I've never used before... and I'm not sure if Ilike it or not.. bu tI do love the colors and the way they came out so far.. Now if I can figure out how to pick up stitches properly, I'll get myself motivated to get started on the sides!  Grin

what size needle did you use?

(please remove images from quotes! Thanks!--EmilyFlew)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007 01:18:33 PM by EmilyFlew » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kazkitty
« Reply #208 on: June 14, 2006 09:00:05 AM »

caramelo:
I used size 8 needles for mine...

Does it look too small? Or too big?

I still have to get started on the sides... lol  Every time I tr and pick up stitches, it looks weird, so I keep ripping them out and stating over.. >_< 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ArcticAnna
« Reply #209 on: June 21, 2006 12:11:04 PM »

I'm a  newbie here at Craftster. I have the body of the Isabeau purse finished and it's blocking right now. My cast on edge is much tighter than my cast off edge and some serious blocking is needed to fix the difference in width. The knitting itself went quick and the pattern is easy to memorize.

Here are my materials:

and here's the body of the bag blocking (can you tell I'm not very good at blocking...):

The yarn I'm using is some very old stash yarn found in the sale bin over ten years ago. It's Fildea's Aida, 100% cotton. The colour is silver. The intended lining is a skirt I bought specifically for this purse from my local fleamarket. I've never sewn anything in my life so this will be an experience for me. I hope to do well enough to bravely take on the Isabeau tote next.

anna from finland
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010 02:48:59 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lenore Appelhans Discusses Her Novel Level 2
Mini Biography of William Shakespeare
Iris Murdoch: The Life of the Mind
Octavia Butler Managed to Humanize Science Fiction
Alice Walker: The Mysterious Wonder of Life
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...