A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: It's time to vote for your favorite swapped project! Smiley  Vote now through Sunday, August 30th!
Total Members: 302,666
Currently Running With Scissors:
454 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Isabeau, small and quick... anyone game?  (Read 49793 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SylvChezPlum
Knitting and crocheting in France

J'adoooore Crafster !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: March 01, 2006 06:16:27 AM »

Finally I took the time to make a tutorial for the single-crochet seam (to join sides and handle) !

It's my first ever tute ... feedback will be appreciated !   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Patterns & free Patterns: ChezPlum - Blog - Etsy -
Rav - Craftsy
loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 01, 2006 11:04:44 AM »

Sylvie, that is a great tutorial! V. clear and easy to understand! Thanks for putting it together!!!!  Grin

emms
THIS ROCKS   Logged

seneca
« Reply #122 on: March 03, 2006 07:46:34 AM »

Please pardon my super-slowness .... fourth grade homework and testing has got me in a funk, hence very little knitting.  BUT, I am FINALLY finished with the body of the bag and am ready for the sides.  Is there anyone willing and/or able to help me understand the pick up stitches part?  I went to the knittinghelp website but -- and this is a silly question i know --  it doesn't explain whether or not you cast on a row first??? how do you get started?  i also have the big vogue reference book but again, maybe i'm missing something.....

thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.....RUMI
loisgriffinwannabe

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 03, 2006 01:10:53 PM »

Hi Seneca,

I know its confusing sometimes when you are not sure of something... I hate that. I have a link for you, but you must do exactly what it says, no more and no less. And before you start, I think you deserve a nice glass of wine, don't you?

http://www.dnt-inc.com/barhtmls/knit/PUedge.html

Emms
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Necia
« Reply #124 on: March 03, 2006 01:12:23 PM »

With the right side of your work facing you, stick your needle through a stitch where pattern tells you to pick up.  Anyway stick needle through one of those stitches, holding needle and yarn in your right hand, and work on your left.  Wrap the yarn aroung the needle, kinda just throw it over, all while the needle is stuck through the stitch.  Then finally, pull the needle and yarn through stitch.  If you through the yarn over properly, you would've just picked up a stitch.  And you do that for however many stitches the pattern tells you to.  It's kind of hard to explain, and a visual definitly would be most helpful here.  Do you have SNB?  That's where I got the premise from, and the rest kind of fell into place, cause it was similar to crocheting to me, without a hook.

I sure hoped I helped, and didn't further confuse you.

Necia
THIS ROCKS   Logged

seneca
« Reply #125 on: March 04, 2006 08:49:53 AM »

Cheesy Cheesy Wink

EMMS, Necia, Everyone:  Can you feel the love?  I am sooooo thrilled.  With a combination of your links, suggestions, and my big Vogue book......I DID IT !!  Admittedly, I had to start over because I misread the pattern and wound up with too many stitches (not the five at the end).  I neglected to decrease on EACH side of the right side stitches (7,9,11....).  No problem.  I just used my life-line technique.

Sooooo......I'm done with one side of the bag (yippeee!!!) and now I'll be working on the other side.

Thanks so much for your help.  You don't know how much this does for my knitting confidence.

And Sylvie:  Thanks so much for such a beautiful little pattern (from a person who thought they'd be doing scarves and hats forever).  And thanks for the tutorial about the crochet joining sides.  That's my next step .....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.....RUMI
loisgriffinwannabe

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 04, 2006 11:30:05 AM »

Aww shucks, thats no problem at all Smiley

I did this too:
  Admittedly, I had to start over because I misread the pattern and wound up with too many stitches (not the five at the end).  I neglected to decrease on EACH side of the right side stitches (7,9,11....). 

A few others did that too... did we all blank out at that same section or what?

Emms
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bijouxpuck
« Reply #127 on: March 04, 2006 03:31:01 PM »

To Loisgriffinwannabe or Emms,

Thank you so much for introducing this pattern for knitalong. It is a beautiful little purse. I made one for my friend. She loves butterfly, so I tried to incorporate a butterfly theme into it.  It took me a while to finish it ... the knitting was alright, blocking was not a favorite activity of mine, and the sewing ... sigh ...  the latter almost killed me for I am not a sewer!

My friend loves green and purple. The purse itself is green ...

... with purple butterfly motifs lining ...

... here is a close up of the butterfly button ...

She used it for church today, and another friend loved it. I will make another one for the other friend. I suppose if I continue making this purse, I'll ended up a sewer!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cherry blossom

nice head...i think i'll take it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: March 04, 2006 03:38:51 PM »

oooh bijouxpuck i LOVE your isabeau!  the lining is gorgeous and goes really well with that green Cheesy

i'm such a slacker, i haven't done anything but the body LOL.  i need to pick this back up Smiley  you've inspired me to get mine done Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Necia
« Reply #129 on: March 04, 2006 06:18:31 PM »

Gorgeous purse.  And, what a great color combination the lining made.  I'm not a sewer either, but you did a way better job than me.

Necia
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Pete Cerqua Talks About 90-Second Fitness Solution
Jim Benton Talks About Franny K. Stein Series
Meet Author Gustavo Arellano
David McCullough Wishes He Had This Talent
Frank Lipman Talks About Spent
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Paint Cans
August 26, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Flannel Hoodie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...