A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 301,542
Currently Running With Scissors:
573 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Isabeau, small and quick... anyone game?  (Read 48638 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Phoenyx
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2006 03:08:04 PM »

Emms, if the Denim you saw at your LYS is the same as I saw at mine, then it's not the same as this... though I drool over the stuff as well.

This is an inexpensive (nearing cheap) cotton, fairly hard stuff, that is sold on cardboard tubes like the finer crochet cotton is.  I bought it... oh, several years ago, at least... I can't remember the project I had in mind for it... =l=

Okay, so I managed to clear some space in front of my printer... in between rows, which is why the body is complete.  Does anyone else pace their housekeeping around knitting?

So here it is, with the yarn barely visible in the back.  My LYS was nice enough to let me use their ball winder so I wasn't hauling around a hollow tube in my bag. (I practically live out of my bag on my "jaunts". Space is a premium.)

I don't know if I'll be done with it tonight -- there is still more housework waiting --  but definitely by the end of the weekend.

Mitz
THIS ROCKS   Logged
loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2006 03:17:25 PM »

That looks great Phoenyx! I really like it. Nice grey.
Oh, and I almost never do housework, I am just a slob, so I have no dilemma that way  Cool Nah just kidding, I do clean, oh, every few months...

I think for this pattern the cheaper cotton the better- it equals a sturdier purse. I had a heck of a time trying to get mine to stand up for the pic. Next one will be in cotton for sure! I just didn't have enough of one color in my stash... they all went to dishcloths!

E
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ladyhoshi
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2006 07:19:11 AM »

Mine is blocked:

Can't find my crochet hook or darning needle though.  Bah.

I'm not going to put a handle on it, because I am using it fora bible cover, and the handle would get in the way Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
loisgriffinwannabe

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2006 04:14:47 PM »

Hi ladyhoshi.. your pic isn't showing up... you can't use your pics from blogger. Try the craftster pic hosting on the right sidebar.

Emms
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jane_101
I'll do it now in a minute.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2006 05:33:10 AM »

I've ground to a halt!  Only because I didn't realise it needed lining, and TBH my needle skills are somewhat lacking.  Plus I live MILES from my nearest fabric store (I live in the middle of nowhere) and can't justify dragging all the kids with me just for a square metre of fabric.  So it's in my 'to complete' bag for a week or two until I can get into town; unless I can find an old pillowcase lying around... Tongue  Since my lace pattern has opened up so beautifully I'm debating what colour lining to go with as it's going to be quite visible in close range - any suggestions?  I'm thinking complementary but a shade or two lighter, either that or I dunno, lime green.  The search for the perfect button continues too...

Emms (I find that so difficiult to type, my fingers automatically want to call you Emma!), yours is as pretty finished as I imagined it would be - well done you Smiley  Its frustrating when purses flop over, I find if I put something stiff in the bottom it works a treat, DH brings home thin sheets of plastic (from where I know not, his work is a complete mystery to me) that I cut to pieces and shove in the bottom of bags, both shop-bought and homemade.  If you're lining the bag anyway you could slip something under the lining and it might help?

Happy crafting everyone, I've just joined in with Knitty's Tubey KAL so I'm going to a be a busy bee over the next few weeks Smiley

Jane Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
loisgriffinwannabe

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2006 06:25:26 AM »

Emms (I find that so difficiult to type, my fingers automatically want to call you Emma!), yours is as pretty finished as I imagined it would be - well done you Smiley  Its frustrating when purses flop over, I find if I put something stiff in the bottom it works a treat, DH brings home thin sheets of plastic (from where I know not, his work is a complete mystery to me) that I cut to pieces and shove in the bottom of bags, both shop-bought and homemade.  If you're lining the bag anyway you could slip something under the lining and it might help?

That is a great idea Jane, I will try that.... unfortunately my husband doesn't work for the Secrets Service, Plastics Divison so I will jsut settle for what I can find around the house  Wink Probably some plastic folders... that I can live w/o... hehe (flexes scissors)

Thanks for the well done, Well done to all of you too! I really love this purse, I am just itching to line it... but I have to wait till Tuesday to go to Dressew.... I have no idea whether to go with a complementary/matching or completely different colour lining. I am going to take the purse with me and see what works. I am thinking of buying the tote pattern now, because I love this pattern so much and I think I will get more use out of a tote  Smiley

Emms (No prob with the almost Emma slip, btw, lots do that, I am used to it  Grin )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Phoenyx
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2006 09:54:52 AM »

The totes do look nice... must have longer straps though, I'm not a right-up-under-the-armpit type.

I sort of feel a bit guilty... I can pretty much see the basic adjustments she'd made for the parger bags.  Then again, before I looked at the totes, I'd been thinking of a few modifications of my one... working in circular, as I'm not fond of seaming, an extra repeat or two so that it holds my wallet "just right"...

=hangs head in shame, a hopeless "tweaker"=

Bag should be done today.  Would have been done yesterday, but "lazy mode" kicked in.

Oh, and plastic canvas, if you have it on hand, works well as a stiffener, and if you're stuck for fabric... I think a hankerchief might be the right size...

Mitz
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Necia
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2006 11:16:37 AM »

Hi all,

My bag is complete save the lining, and it looks great.  DH even said so!  I'm going with a lime green lining too!  The only thing stopping me is my sewing skills suck.  Any pointers on how to sew this bad boy in?  I'll post pics tomorrow, as I'm not at work today, so I don't have my usb cord with me here at home.

Necia
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Necia
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2006 08:35:38 AM »

Here she is awaiting a lining and that perfect button.  Please ignore the humongous stuffy she's laying on.  You can see the lying right behind/next to the bag.  Just gotta figure out how to sew it in, without ruining all of my work.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2006 08:37:57 AM by Necia » THIS ROCKS   Logged

loisgriffinwannabe

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2006 08:53:11 AM »

oh its pretty and colourful! I heart the stuffy too  Wink

Shopping for lining today!!!

Emms
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Gunkanmaki Sushi Recipe
How to Make Gyusuji Curry
How to Make Asian Slaw
Sticky Chicken Teriyaki Recipe
Asian Pickled Cucumber Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Artsy Garden
Meatless Monday: Falafel without Frying
@Home This Weekend: Decorative Bulletin Board

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...