A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,205
Currently Running With Scissors:
361 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wine Theme Swap - Gallery  (Read 12017 times)
Tags for this thread: wine  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

irid3sc3nt

I <3 Halloween

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2006 02:11:33 PM »

I loved having dinner parties at my old apartment.  It was a divided off HUGE house (since where I live used to be the capitol of Iowa, we have all these massive houses) so it had wonderful character.  We had a very large heavy wooden table in the dining room and we'd dress all up and have music and lighting...  It was sooo much fun. 

We'll just have to imagine that we're at the party, too, classycrafter!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Pinterest
I am interested in Halloween Rinchies!
recycled_earth

Forget the llamas. Gimme some hedgehog love.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2006 04:40:37 AM »

I received from BlondieKate yesterday!  What a fabulous harvest it was...

A lovely wine theme box...

And she even put tons of stuff inside!  There are two sets of cards, one of them is "A Celebration of Wine: 42 facts and fancies" and the other is "Wines of the World: a global guide to the fruit of the vine."  (Those were immediately stolen by my husband.)  Some very cool cocktail napkins (I guess in this case they'd be wine napkins) that say "Wine?  Wine not!"  And a set of beautiful wine cards with envelopes.

A cute little wooden box with four jumbo marble magnets inside, each with "wine" in a different language.  As a side note, I also have a crazy obsession with boxes and bowls, and the fact that I got TWO new boxes out of this swap thrills me and made my husband make a little face.  Hooray!

This is a beautiful quilted wall hanging made by BlondieKate's wife.  I love it!  I will have to find a special place for it to hang in the kitchen, which is rapidly becoming decorated in an alcohol theme.  Wonder how that happened...

An awesome wine coaster, decorated with tons of corks.  I almost forgot to post this one because it was already in use, holding a lovely new bottle of wine from last night.  The picture just doesn't express how cool this coaster is. 

And finally, my very own original wine tray.  She even gave me instructions on removing wine labels from the bottles so that I can add labels from special bottles that we enjoy.  I actually had to take this down from where it was already gracing our lush decor (heh, "lush," get it?  'Cause we're a couple of lushes here).

Thank you so much for everything, Kate.  I feel so lucky!  I always seem to get the best swap partners.  Smiley  I love it all - thank you, Kate!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I die before I learn to speak, will money pay for all the days I lived awake but half-asleep?   -Primitive Radio Gods

UK crafters unite!  www.craftermath.co.uk
classycrafter
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2006 04:53:43 AM »

Hello!!

Ok, I just completed feedback for the following:

k8tykat
classycrafter
onemosphere
gebah
lhackett
irid3sc3nt
rackycoo
dharma_rebel

If you are not on this list you have not been given feedback yet and this is because Im waiting for your partner to receive. Blondiekate - I did feedback before recycled_earth posted that she received. I will do your feedback later because I need to head off to school. If anyone else should be on the list and your not please PM me and let me know. Thanks!!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BlondieKate

^^^I wish!!^^^

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2006 08:06:02 AM »

Yay!  I'm so glad you liked everything, recycled_earth! It was a lot of fun to make (as the wine labels show!)  Thank you for being my first swap partner!

BTW, my wife nearly killed me for doing this right before our vacation.  Next time, I gotta make sure there are no travel plans (and no Knitting Olympics) at the same time as a swap!!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006 08:08:46 AM by BlondieKate » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Stifflersmom
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Sassy Britches

We are the people our parents warned us about....

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2006 08:31:36 AM »

I love the idea of a wine bottle coaster!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

As you sew, so shall you rip. Don't fear the ripper.
gebah

this is a test....lol

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2006 08:48:00 AM »

very cool stuff....love the tray & the wine bottle coaster...i see you like the reds blondiekate....lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BlondieKate

^^^I wish!!^^^

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2006 11:39:39 AM »

very cool stuff....love the tray & the wine bottle coaster...i see you like the reds blondiekate....lol
Honey, I like it ALL!!

BTW, as an aside, we visited Llano Estacado Winery in Lubbock last week.  The tour guide told us that in the US, 70% of the wine sold is white, 30% red.  Oh, and we got to taste SEVERAL kinds of wine!  Actually left with 6-7 different bottles.  YUM!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lhackett
« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2006 12:33:01 PM »

I should start saving corks because look at all the cool things you can do! The cork coaster, does a bottle fit inside the corks or does it sit on top?

Great first swap! Thanks everyone! And thanks classycrafter for hosting a great party!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Lindsay is equipped with some very nice options." -googlism.com

www.myspace.com/idonthaveatattoo
www.wists.com/lhackett
recycled_earth

Forget the llamas. Gimme some hedgehog love.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2006 12:35:16 PM »

It fits perfectly inside the ring of corks.  I think even the sparkling white wine I occasionally sneak into the house (hubby can't stand it) will fit in there.  I love all of my new stuff.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I die before I learn to speak, will money pay for all the days I lived awake but half-asleep?   -Primitive Radio Gods

UK crafters unite!  www.craftermath.co.uk
gebah

this is a test....lol

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 23, 2006 12:36:41 PM »

all this wine talk is making me thirsty...i sure do wish i had that clock that was posted previously....lol...come on 5:00....

blondiekate....you sent instructions how to remove wine labels...can you please share....i tried to soak a really cute label (green with red lady bugs) off of a bottle over the weekend....but it didn't work!!! i'd be mighty thankful if you could share your "secret"?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Traditional Chinese Dumplings
How to Cook Potstickers
How to Make a Pork Stir-Fry
How to Make a Smoked Salmon Roll
Chicken Curry Stew Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...