A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 308,208
Currently Running With Scissors:
233 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What you guys have all been waiting for- - - A CLASSIC GOTHIC LOLITA DRESS  (Read 267004 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

spooky.kitty
« Reply #110 on: February 28, 2008 12:03:47 AM »

im in the process of making this dress for tomorrow night..err tonight Tongue  im so excited >.<*gee* so far i have all but the back and bottom ruffle completed  when i finish ill be sure to steal some batteries from some remotes and take pics  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spooky.kitty
« Reply #111 on: February 28, 2008 12:16:38 AM »

Amazing!  Grin Alleluia! Kiss I started making the dress but I want it to have fluffy sleeves. Can you tell me of a way that i can go about this? (I haven't tried to tackle sleeves yet, never mind fluffy ones!) Hope you can help and if you can't thats okay.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=75272.10<< this tute tells you how to make puffy sleeves Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aislynn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 29, 2008 09:06:55 PM »

For those of you with hourglass-y figures (a category I mostly fall into), I plan on making this dress this weekend, and this is my proposed solution to the fitting problem:  my hips are just a tad bit wider than my bust, and I know from experience that something that flares from my waist isn't necessarily going to accommodate me everywhere, and be attractive.  So when drafting my pattern, I marked my bust, my waist, my hips, and the flare, and the length between the respective measurements.  When I cut out the pieces, I'm going to scoop the waist up so there's actually a little straight bit in the middle section, where it'll bulge out above and below for the bust and hips, leave enough width to go over the hips, and then flare out from that point.  I'll try and post pictures once they're cut.  I'm also going to attempt to make it out of a grand total of 2 yards and 2 inches of fabric (I'm leaving off the ruffle, though, as I just want a regular sun dress), so we'll see how it goes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewers are for ninja turtles--seamstresses are for sewing Wink

My wist!  http://www.wists.com/aislynn
katisue
« Reply #113 on: March 12, 2008 01:04:21 PM »

Awesome! Pumping it up to the top of my project list! Cheesy Thanx!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life isn't measured by the number of breathes you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away.

evelynbaxterdesigns.etsy.com
www.myspace.com/evelynbaxterdesigns
the.fee.fairy
Faeryish

Flying free

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: March 16, 2008 11:29:47 AM »

Perfect! I found some material last year and envisioned a dress similar to his.

Perfect!! Thankyou!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

'The Secret to living's Not Dying' - Kilnaboy
Nymphara
« Reply #115 on: March 16, 2008 01:35:18 PM »

Hehehe, I just got some TMNT bedsheets at the thrift store that are going to make an awesome version of this dress. Whoohoo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

brookeincraftland
BROOKE

formerly was polKadOt_iT.then they took over :)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #116 on: March 18, 2008 12:11:17 AM »

YOU ROCK. thanks for the tute. I am so excited to make this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have paint all over my fingers and fabric all over the floor. Yeah it was a good day!
kaledrina
« Reply #117 on: March 19, 2008 10:57:46 PM »

Is there any other way to make the dress poof without the added expense/torture of a petticoat? Could I just get some contrasting cotton and lace instead and layer underneath the skirt portion?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kitsune_mio
« Reply #118 on: March 28, 2008 09:39:32 PM »

Amazing!  Grin Alleluia! Kiss I started making the dress but I want it to have fluffy sleeves. Can you tell me of a way that i can go about this? (I haven't tried to tackle sleeves yet, never mind fluffy ones!) Hope you can help and if you can't thats okay.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=75272.10<< this tute tells you how to make puffy sleeves Cheesy
thx! very helpful! And I probably would have never found it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tuesdae
« Reply #119 on: May 13, 2008 04:29:52 PM »

thx! very helpful! And I probably would have never found it!

How did you attach the sleeves to the dress? I have some really bad scars on my arm and I need them covered, so its either attach sleeves on this or ALWAYS wear a shirt under it (ugg)

Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Whooops!
@Home This Weekend: Curtains!
September 21, 2016 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...