A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
801 Guests and 39 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: wisdom teeth  (Read 1868 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ohsugardoughnut
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2006 02:16:56 PM »

As gross as it sounds, I actually ate a lot of baby food from those little glass jars.  Applesauce, pear, etc... it may not sound appetizing, but they work well for the first day or two, when your gums are really sensitive.  And in all honesty, they don't taste as bad as you might think.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
doeayes
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2006 02:46:38 PM »

i know they've suggested blender things, so i was thinking smoothies. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pacasha
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2006 02:51:31 PM »

milkshakes etc are great, but DON"T USE A STRAW. 'they' told me that it would cause dry sockets... much like smoking does. use a shallowish spoon, so you don't have to open your mouth so wide. good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
actoneends

I don't want to be an adult.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2006 01:39:03 PM »

milkshakes etc are great, but DON"T USE A STRAW. 'they' told me that it would cause dry sockets... much like smoking does. use a shallowish spoon, so you don't have to open your mouth so wide. good luck!

i'm so glad someone said that....no straws! 

haha, when i had all four of my wisdom teeth removed....all i ate was donuts and chicken noodle soup for days....  man, that was fun.  however, i don't suggest doing this because you'll get addicted to the donuts and want them for weeks afterwards (and you'll develope an aversion to chicken noodle soup)....oh man, now i want a donut.....why do i have to live within walking distance of dunkin donuts! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<a href="http://www.myspace.com/thatjennagirl">Find me on MySpace and be my friend!</a>
firebird1919
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2006 05:54:10 PM »

I had all 4 of mine out this summer. The comments above all have great suggestions! What I found when I was on the mushy diet was that despite how much I love ice cream and pudding and milkshakes and all that, after a day of eating only sweet stuff you get REALLY sick of it. Mashed potatoes were my savior, especially with stuff in them, like a little cheese melted and swirled in, or some beef gravy. Also, plain chicken or beef broth (with no noodles or anything) is great.

And to keep the swelling down, I kept bags of frozen peas on my face for the first day, wrapped in towels.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
grrrromit

The eggstraordinary life of Madeline

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2006 11:25:39 AM »

Whatever you do, DON'T EAT Reese's puffs. You'll get really hungry for solid food, and possibly try to fool yourself into thinking you can just chew with your front teeth... take it from this buffoon, it will only lead to misery.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Maplestory! Windia forever! Hunt me down, I'm MingyDingus! Smiley
Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2006 12:54:26 PM »

Ick, i'm getting mine done next week, over winter break (!)  So thanks everyone for the suggestions, because i'll need them too! ((Although my main issue is NOT the food or pain afterwards, it's when they stick that needle in my arm to knock me out...big needle-phobia here!))
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 27, 2010 <3
padawan
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2006 11:35:39 AM »

i'm back to eating solid food now but when i couldn't eat real food (that is anything solid) I found this african dish thats really interesting

just take mashed potatoes, and mash in some canned peas, add cardamin, and gara masala.... really good
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2006 07:49:40 PM »

for how long did you have to eat non-solid foods?  And how soon do you feel well enough to go places?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 27, 2010 <3
actoneends

I don't want to be an adult.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2006 09:05:33 PM »

they next day you're fine, just a little groggy and uncomfortable.  the day after i had my teeth out, i was forced to go to school to give a speech in public speaking.  it's do-able. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<a href="http://www.myspace.com/thatjennagirl">Find me on MySpace and be my friend!</a>
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cheesy Pizza Dip Recipe
Tips on Making Buffalo Wings
How to Make Dixie Bell Cornbread Dressing
Dirty Rice Recipe
Beef Stroganoff Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...