A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,964
Currently Running With Scissors:
668 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: BIRTHDAY MONTH SWAP - FEBRUARY (SIGNUPS 1/30/06 - 2/28/06)  (Read 3549 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

leafy_lane
National Society of Sarcasm - Like We Need Your Support!

Genesis 2v24... One Day :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2006 01:37:54 PM »

Hey! My birthday's on 12th February and I will be 17 (w00t driving lessons!) Anyways, on my wishlist are...

1. Supplies: especially for sewing!

2. Mix CDs: any music really, but please no R'n'B, hiphop, heavy metal or screamo!

3. Clothes: especially corsety type things

4. Crafting Kits: like ones that teach you how to craft

5. BUTTON BADGES! (I will actually love you forever if two of them say 'Hug me you fool!') Thank you person-who's-name-I-can't-currently-remember!  Huh Your thanks are in the post!

6. Random things to put on my college bag

7. Customised playing cards

8. A video iPod cozy monster stylee!

9. A surprise! It's always good!

Generally about me, well, I live in the UK, my favourite colours are blue and white, but I wear most colours other than pastels. I generally sew but I like all crafts. I like reading and listening to music when I'm not crafting, at my boyfriend's, at college or at another random friends house. I also like Friends the TV show! I really like pirates, fantasy, faeries, celtic style things, Indian style things, Chinese style things, anything particularly random, the sea, funny films, playing cards, having blue hair, bracelets, and I'm pretty sure the list can go on!

Happy Birthday everyone!  Kiss Grin Wink
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006 12:59:01 PM by leafy_lane » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dear Father, I need you
Your strength my heart to mend,
I want to fly higher every new day again.
              --- 'Every New Day' by Five Iron Frenzy

Do you have a good reason for not checking out my blog? Didn't think so... http://atinythought.typepad.com/
psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2006 01:48:17 PM »

First up, my birthday is on February 8, and I turn 21. (And maybe being in this swap will make up for my (drinking age) 19th birthday, when even the guy I was dating and my roommate didn't get me anything (even a drink) and the only present I got was this random cheap bottle of Sherry from this guy I hardly knew,..haha)

But I digress. The list! (EDIT: I added a couple items)

ACCESSORIES:
- dangly earrings, not too pretty (My favourites right now are big [craftster swapped] hoops with bright blue beads around them and a tiny star charm - good additions to the collection involve lightning, stars, skulls, retro plastic charms, silver-ness, etc... )
- necklaces (small chain/rope, big charm/stone/hanging thing is best... also in silver tones)
- purse - a small, somewhat classy black clutch with a wrist strap would be awesome (if it was decorated, that'd be cool too)

CLOTHING GOODIES: (PM for sizing...)
- unique shirt - I love the reconstructed retro tee's, anything that looks like a corset (this is a really nice one: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=49311.0 ) , otherwise interesting or reconstructed stuff (this is also really cool: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=76770.0 ), a gothy but clubby shirt...
- an actual corset! main colour black...
- black knitted legwarmers
- "indoor" armwarmers (sewn) in some excellent retro/odd fabric (bright colours!)
- a skirt! I would love either a shorter, ruffly skirt (in black, navy, bright blue, or polka dots), or a just-above the knee length skirt with tulle underneath! This one is really nice.. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=59820.0, and I would also not mind if it was bright colours with black tulle underneath!

PAPER STUFF:
- ATC's - I'm trying to build myself a marvellous collection... send me arty/odd/amazing ones! (And I'll send one of mine in your thank you!)
- Stationary Set -  I love CraftyZary's pinup set  (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=75973.0) and dia de los muertos set (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=63827.msg628340#msg628340), as well as their themes... and there's a Chairman Mao's penpal kit on etsy that's super cool - basically, any of my big themes, or politically subversive like that is cool
- zines... I'm more and more into them...

ETC
- artwork in really contrasting black/red/white shades for my room... which is attempting to be those colours...
- a scary doll... I really like the kid's in Mark Ryden's blood gallery (but not the baby!) - http://www.markryden.com/paintings/index.html
- a pincushion shaped like something delicious, like a cupcake (currently, I keep my needles in a plastic bag.. ha)

And last but not least, check out my swap post (in my signature) for my favourite themes, etc!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2006 04:05:10 PM by psyche » THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftgirl_sampson
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2006 05:32:15 PM »

my birthday is on the 16 of february.

a)   Surprise
b)   Monster purses
c)   Stickers
d)   A homemade journal
e)   A skirt
f)   Anything to do with scrapbooking
g)   Cds any kind of music
h)   Embroidery of my bros race team.
i)   Stitch makers
 Thanks you so much lexbean everything so cool
Im Kassandra.  Im going to be 17 on February 16. I live in Canada. My favourite colours are pink, black, blue purple. Im still going through my pink/black period. My love stars and hearts.  i love everything
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006 02:45:39 PM by craftgirl_sampson » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Willing to to personal swaps  Smiley Tongue

Check out Aroha trip to Canada
http://arohameetstheworld.piczo.com/?cr=6
OxMonkey
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2006 10:39:18 PM »

Yikes!  I was almost done with my list and my computer froze  Angry
Anyway...here it goes again
1.  I would love, love, looooove a stenciled Luke's Diner T-Shirt like this one http://www.gilmoregirlsshop.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=36693;category_id=4518;pcid1=;pcid2=  I wear a size M/L top and I like the girly tees, not the loose big ones.  The color of the shirt doesn't have to be that, anything's fine (maybe brown or light blue??)
2.  Gum Drop Soaps like these http://www.etsy.com/view_item.php?listing_id=28943
3.  Back issues of ReadyMade Magazine.  I already have issues 7 thru 16 and 18 thru 20 so any (or all  Wink) of the others would be great.
4.  Some sort of platter, dish, bowl, vase...something nice for my tables.  Here's a few pics of how my apartment looks now http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2109663587 and as you can see it's pretty bare.  The colors, since the pics don't really show them well, are black, dark purple and pink.  The yellow chairs will eventually be reupholstered.
5.  Artwork for my walls!
6.  Surprises are always wonderful.
7.  Super strong fridge magnets!  I'm a coupon freak and none of the magnets I currently own can hold them on.  You pick the style...I'm sure I'll love them.
8.  I don't sew too much but I love those felt pin cushions I've seen around here.  The cute little cupcakes and stuff like that.
9.  A bag that looks like these here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=41909.0  only not duct tape.  Black or chocolate brown fabric would be perfect.

Ok, I think I'm done.  Cheesy

Just thought of one more thing!
10.  Jewelry!  Necklaces or bracelets.  I really like the cracked marble pendant by JewelryArtist (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=73693.msg710914#msg710914)

About me
I live in Houston, Texas.  My birthday is February 28 and I'll be 33 (wow, it hurts a little to say it).  My favorite colors are chocolate brown, black, purple, orange, pink, light blue, and many others but I don't like fluorecents.  I love geometric patterns and unusual things (If most people say they hate it, it's very likely that I'll love it)...mmm...I don't know what else to tell you.  pm me if you have any questions
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006 03:07:10 PM by OxMonkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

aliciasjoy

my alien kitten

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2006 07:08:22 PM »

Hi everyone! My big day is the 20th and I'll be 36.  I'm a little sad about it.  I'm not sure why, really, as I've enjoyed the 30's so far!  I'm in Austin, TX. Here's my wish list:

1. Handmade cards.  I like simple designs, like old time woodcuts of birds, animals, children.  I love animals and woodsy themes, stripes, polka dots, flowers. My resolution this year was to write to people I've lost touch with, so trying to get a nice collection of cards or stationery.

2. I'd love a skirt.  Really simple, like an A-line or wrap skirt, or even a drawstring waist one. It's summer a good deal of the year here and I wear them all the time.  My dream is to one day be head to foot in Craftster swap items. The only color I don't love is yellow--I like a lot of different patterns, flowery, stripes, plain, garish. I'm usually a small, you can PM me for measurements if you want to make me a skirt!

3. Handspun/hand dyed/painted yarn.  Can't get enough yarn, ever!

4. A cute little doll, or tiny felt critter.

5. A mix cd of your favorite music or your own music.  I'm pretty old, and most of the music I listen to is old: the Clash, Pixies, U2, Rage Against the Machine, etc, etc. I do like Franz Ferdinand and the Strokes--maybe you can help me be hip. Oh, I do like showtunes too! Annie, Grease, Cats etc, etc.

6. Surprises!  These are always the best, aren't they?

Well, as you already know, I'll be 36.  I'm a mom to a ten year old boy. I spend a good deal of my free time reading or knitting and crocheting, and make jewelry, although, strangely, rarely wear it.
If I had to choose a favorite color, I guess it would be red, but I also love brown, green (all greens) purple, black, beige, pink. Yay for color!
I love a lot of different kinds of books, my favorite authors are Jane Austen, Edith Wharton, Honore de Balzac--with living writers I'm all over the place, love JK Rowling, Douglas Coupland, Michael Chabon, Gregory Maguire, Diana Gabaldon, Johanna Lindsey (shut up!) Lemony Snicket, I just basically read a lot. I'd love to hear what your favorite book is!
I do love music, but tend to get lost and confused when faced with too many choices, and don't have a lot of money to burn on trying cd's.  But I'm open to hearing all sorts of things!
I tend to daydream way too much and am pretty disorganized. I like to run around and twirl if nobody is home.
It's very difficult to offend me, I'm very liberal and open minded. Pretty much my boy and crafting are my life!
Thank you so much if you'd like to craft something for me!  I really look forward to seeing your work, if you do!
Alicia
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bluebubble
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2006 05:05:07 AM »

Hi my name is Jennie and i'm from Australia. I'm turning 21 on the 23rd of February. I'm having my party on the 18th and it is a Mad Hatters tea party!! My Fave Colors are pink and purple. I like sewing, beading, knitting, scrapbooking etc etc. I love music and movies. I love love love surprises and getting things in the mail so this swap is great for me!! Wish List:

Sewn Items
-Clothes (Hoodie, T-shirt, Skirt etc)
-Stuffy
-Bag, Purse, Wallet
-Anything Embroidered

Knitting/Crochet
-Shrug
-Skirt
-Socks
-Stuffy

Paper Stuff
-Handmade Book/Journal

Jewellery
-Earrings
-Necklaces
-Bracelets

Supplies
-Fabric (Quilt squares, fat quarters)
-Beads(any type)
-Charms(any type)
-Buttons

Misc
-Mixed Cds
-Badges

Thanks to anyone who decides to craft for me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aduaidh
procrastinator x100

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2006 06:43:51 PM »

Hi, my name is Genevieve and I turned 18 last Monday- the 13th. I want to study art in college, and I'm very into music- a few bands I'm currently listening to the most are: Wu-tang Clan, Le Tigre, Elliott Smith, the Blood Brothers, Teagan and Sara, the Unicorns. I love to knit, but I really suck at sewing. I just can't seem to sew straight. My favorite colors are greens, black, blues. I love stenciled snails, octopus, owls, etc.

Sooo, wishlist:

Knitting Tools
- handmade knitting needles
- handspun/dyed yarn- of course
- Stitchmarkers!!!! I really need some nice ones- I'm using hair bands right now.
- A circular needle roll
- this is a stretch... but a spinning kit?

Sewing
- Almost anything neat and sewn would make me happy, since I just can't sew.
- BAGS. I am a bit bag obsessed. Anything cute or "artsy"... I just love bags.
- Embroidered items/ instructions?
- Cardigans. Love them.
- Skirts
- Plushies. Preferably creatures that are considered ugly.

Jewelry
- I cut my hair rather short recently. I'd really appreciate some nice hair clips. No bows, though.
- Necklaces, earrings, etc.
- vintage-looking brooches

Paper
- collage-y leftovers
- Sketchbooks
- zines!!!

Other Stuff
- Mix Cds (if you make me a general 90s music mix, I will love you forever- I want all those songs I sang along to as a kid)
- BUTTONS
- stenciled clothing
- Hand lotion- something all natural that smells nice. I'm kind of desperate because I'm working with charcoal in art class and it's drying out my hands. The stuff I have is sticky and gross.
- And anything else hardcore crafty.

Thank you all!!!
<3<3 gen

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
NYFW Gives Us 3 Low-Maintenance Hair Trends
Try Out Bangs Without Making The Cut!
70s Disco Hair Trend from Fashion Week
How to Thicken Your Hair on Any Budget
How Much Damage Are You Doing To Your Hair?
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...