A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,519
Currently Running With Scissors:
573 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: BIRTHDAY MONTH SWAP - FEBRUARY (SIGNUPS 1/30/06 - 2/28/06)  (Read 3622 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TalkAboutLush
« on: January 30, 2006 02:05:54 PM »

PLEASE READ ALL DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY! 
YOU MUST BE PRE-APPROVED BEFORE PARTICIPATING

Swap name: Birthday Month Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: talkaboutlush (organizers change every month)
Sign-up date range: 1/30/05-2/28/06
Date to send item by: 2 weeks after you claim someone
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): Nope!
Non-U.S. participants allowed? Of Course!
All ages allowed? Or 18+? All Ages!
Organizer meets the 4 conditions for swapping and will make sure that every participant meets these conditions: YES

Details of swap: 

This swap was organized so everyone can get something crafty for their birthday! 
Please read the guidelines carefully.

If your birthday is in February, think of a list of things that you would want to receive. The more you think of, the better.

Fill out the questionnaire and pm me with it. Once you've been approved, you may post your bio and list on this thread. Please try and keep this thread to just the lists, I'd like to keep it neat!

Everyone will then go through the lists and choose a craftster they want to send a birthday gift to.  Your birthday does not have to be in February for you to craft for someone.  If you want to choose someone, just PM me with your info (including your address, please), who you want to craft for, and what item, and I will send you their address.

If you chose to craft for someone, you have 2 weeks to get the item out the door.  If two weeks pass, and I don't hear anything from youyou guessed it, negative feedback!

Each person can be chosen unlimited times!  HERE'S THE CATCH- if you get chosen, you must send the person who crafted for you a thank you note in the mail.  You will get negative feedback if you do not send a thank you note (it can be a postcard even).  I think this is a fair trade for all the crafty goodness you'll be getting!

It is super important for everyone to keep good communication.  When you send, let me know, and of course, don't forget the DC#.  When you receive, let me know and publically announce in the gallery (even if you don't have pictures).  Also, let me know when you send off your thank you note (no DC# required, your on your honor!).

You can choose to craft for as many people as you like, but you cannot "owe" more than 3 things.  If you are a newbie and this is your first swap, you must successfully send once before choosing again.

Original idea thread and discussion located here- http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=68058.0

If you have any more questions or suggestions, you can post on the link above, or send me a PM with "Birthday Swap February" in the subject line.

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap:- BIRTHDAY MONTH SWAP, February
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address:
Your Birthdate:

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

APPROVED TO SEND/RECIEVE

ITEMS OWED
THANK YOUS OWED

talkaboutlush (1) (2)
mistress_batty (1) (2)
tsubomi_chan (2)
starsaver
determinedimprovisation
sweetie pie press (1)(2)
Zanti MissKnit (1)
psyche
OxMonkey
craftgirl_sampson (1)
leafy_lane (1)
dynamine (1)
redpopsicles (1) (1)
bluebubble
aliciasjoy (1)

APPROVED TO SEND ONLY

kluckingbear
orangeabsinthe
cheekymamaof2
nushybum (1)
taloola (1)
lexbean (1)
RobynLisa (3)

SENT
RECIEVED
SENDER RECIEVED THANK YOU

talkaboutlush is sending mistress_batty patterned felt (2/15)
nushybum is sending talkaboutlush a panta (2/15)
Zanti MissKnit is sending sweetie pie press a stuffie (2/16)
cheekymamaof2 is sending talkaboutlush fabric/quilt squares (2/15)
kluckingbear is sending tsubomi_chan embroidery supplies and a pin cushion (2/21)
mistress_batty is sending talkaboutlush a panta (2/15)
taloola is sending mistress_batty a record bowl (2/21)
redpopsicles is sending tsubomi_chan something knitted (2/22)
lexbean is sending sweetie pie press homemade candles and a pouch (2/22)
lexbean is sending craftgirl_sampson stickers and scrapbooking materials (2/23)
RobynLisa is sending dynamine craft supplies (2/24)
RobynLisa is sending redpopsicles a recon cartigan (2/24)

sweetie pie press is sending leafy_lane badges (2/25)
RobynLisa is sending aliciasjoy a skirt (3/2)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006 06:15:08 PM by TalkAboutLush » THIS ROCKS   Logged
TalkAboutLush
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006 06:41:06 PM »

Cheesy My birthday is on February 18th! It'll be my SWEET SIXTEEN! Yay  Cheesy !

Sewn Stuff
>A guitar strap. I just have a plain black one now so a cute one with something embroidered or stenciled or even just one that is made from fabric with a funky pattern. PM me if you need measurements.
>>Arm warmers like this: http://www.snappedtwig.com/twigitem.php?item=65
>>>A long wallet. I cant find one on here but, you know, one that is about the size of a dollar bill, usually with
a closure of some sort and you open it up to find lots of pockets. One of those made from some pretty fabric.
>>>>Ive seen a few different stuffed elephant patterns but if anyone can make one like this http://www.etsy.com/get_jpg_full_image.php?image_id=106404 Id love it. (I think its kind of like this one but with shorter legs http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=28412.0)
>>>>>I absolutely love this skirt but I never have good luck with pleating. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=4945
>>>>>> A sewing goodies bag MissMeshell style:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=73010.0

Paper Stuff
>Some sort of book to keep a stamp collection in! (With all these great swaps Im getting so many neat stamps and I feel bad just throwing them out!)
>>A journal with mixed paper. Preferably at least half a sheet of paper (4.25 x 5.5 inches) in size

Knitting/Stenciling/Crocheting
>A panta, of course! Black or gray please Thanks nushybum + mistress_batty!
>>I love stenciled t-shirts, Any stenciled t-shirt that you want to make me Ill love! Any color except orange/yellow, size Youth Large
Kits
>Ive wanted to make a journal for so long but I tried and couldnt get it right so a bookbinding kit with some easy, step by step instructions would really help me!

Supplies
>Fat Quarters / Quarter Flats OR quilting squares with funky designs Thanks cheekymamaof2!
>>Fabric, any kind, any amount
>>> Theyre called Patina metal disks and I cant find them anywhere around here! Theyre like this: http://www.firemountaingems.com/details.asp?PN=H156390FN Any color, any shape, any size!!
>>>Any beads (any color, any size, any type!) or findings (headpins, jump rings, the hooks that go on top of earrings, clasps, anything!)

Other
>Buttons / badges - I love them! (I only wish I had a button maker.) Preferably the 1 - 1 ones.
>>I love bands like Operation Ivy, Rancid, The Bouncing Souls, Green Day (PM me for more) so anything you can make that has to do with them Id love *going along with the music theme, Id LOVE a mix tape/cd of 80s/90s punk bands*
>>>>I am in LOVE with the record clock that hertrigger got in the punk rock anything swap (((http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=66829.0 It's the second picture when you scroll down))) so if you could make me one like it, it would be sooo great of you! Or even a kit to make my own.
>>>>>>Surprises! Those are always fun.

> This isn't really a crafty item but I'm going to use them to make something crafty! If you happen to live in a very cool city and you use Metro Cards I'd really appreciate it if you could send me your used metro cards! I don't have them around here!
>>Also, you know all the annoying mail you get from credit card companies with the fake credit cards in them? I'd love if you could send me any of those that you're just going to throw away.

About Me:
Im Samantha, Im almost 16. I live on Cape Cod (in Massachusetts, USA) My favorite colors are bright (not neon) green, gray, purple, deep blue, and bright (again, not neon) pink. I like stars, hearts, cute skulls, spades, mushrooms, and cute little dinosaurs. Oh! I also love sparkly things like sequins or rhinestones or anything like that, and lace. I <3 polka dots and funky, geometrical patterns. PM me for any additional information that you need. Thanks in advance to anyone who picks me!

« Last Edit: February 08, 2006 04:38:41 PM by TalkAboutLush » THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweetie pie press
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006 05:45:31 PM »

my birthday is february 14 (that's right) and i will be turning sweet 28.

also, i live in canada.

here is a lits of things in no particular order:

a) a fabric wallet. with vintage fabric? and rick rack? even something made out of old sheets would be lovely. my duck tape wallet is starting to be on its last sticky legs. anything will do. i have a change purse so just something to hold bills and cards.

b) your zines. i have a real thing for comic/art zines but like fiction and all sorts of other things, too.

c) keychains that i can't destroy. somehow i am very hard on keychains. i also have a ludicrous amount of keys. really, insane.

d) beeswax votive/small pillar candles. i love the smell so much. but i can't deal with tapered candles because i am always paranoid that my cat will knock them over and burn the house down if i leave the room. thank you so much!

e) a skirt! again, made out of a sheet? or vintage fabrics? i love a-lines and wraps and wear about a 30" waist. i am awfully tall so knee-length suits me best.

f) embroidered white pillow cases. i love the tattoo and pin-up stuff that i seem to see all over the place here.

g) surprises!

h) weird/subversive stuffies. an eyeball? a human heart? siamese twins? dead birds? i have a whole family of weirdoes that keep me company while i behave like a reclusive cat lady.
so exciting! thank you so much!

i) a screen print to put on my wall.

j) any old office supplies. i love obsolete rubber stamps. that general semi-industrial esthetic really appeals to me.

k) a photo transfer/realistic screen printed pillow or stuffy. this is great inspiration - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=71675.0 - but it doesn't have to be anything big at all. even tiny would be great. a fish? squirrel? scissors? a picture of emma goldman? don't get me wrong, big cats are also hilarious.

l) little simple zipper pouches. maybe stripey? who can't use these to organize their lives?
thank you thank you thank you!

about me: it took me years to recover from being a tomboy with a valentine's birthday and now i have grown into quite a lady who wears pink and red and the whole bit. i like writing and my typewriters and old stuff and stripes and argyle and polka dots and most colours. birds. grids. secretary chic. anatomy textbooks. civil design. one thing, though, no cinnamon hearts. that is a wound that may never heal.

i heartily thank anyone who chooses to make me stuff!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006 09:57:50 PM by sweetie pie press » THIS ROCKS   Logged

starsaver
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006 07:41:34 PM »

things that i would love!
1.  a cute purse
2.  a cd of various music (im always in search of something new)  especially indie music
3.  anything to do with degrass tng or junior high
4.  anything veronica mars
5.  a cute new diaper bag...i am in awe of some of the beautiful diaper bags from you niffty craftsters
6.  i love crafting swag....shirts (medium), buttons, bags
7.  craft storage bag...im in need of places to put my crafts
8.  japanese themed crafts, i am of japanese heritage and i just love everything about their culture.
9.  rainer maria diy shirt (medium) or cute tote bag
10.  craft kit of anything, i love doing new crafts
11.  something cool for my walls. 
12.  anything you think that of that every craftster must have...pm me to see if i have it

i am a 24...well almost 25 female.  i have a fourteen month old daughter.  i like all sorts of crafts and am always interested in learning something new.  so far i knit, do wire bead jewlery, bead jewlery, decoupage and sew.  i am into indie music my favorites are rainer maria, mates of state, and postal service. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i'm certain if i drive into those trees it will make less of a mess than you've made of me
mistress_batty
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Batty Bat Bat

happy hookin' mistress

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006 10:11:31 PM »

a sewn journal (the kind where the the covers are fabric sewn to board (at the end I"ll list some likes so you can get an idea of fabric)
  ....I prefer journals around the size of....4"-5" long on the top and bottom and 7" - 8" long on the sides......and at least 100 pages

*   a nice thick journal with mixed paper.....either fabric covered or made from a hardcover book (recon of hardcover book into a journal with mixed paper)

*   handmade stationary sets  (i'll list things for themes at the end)

* fabric.....I love sewing...making bags / purses. I love new fabrics, trying out new things.

*   any neat yarn or HANDSPUN yarn....I would just dye if I could get some handspun yarn...with the gorgeous colors and the little things like ribbon and pom poms and sequins and all kinds of stuff spun into it

*   clothes for my dog (she's a size Medium....if you need actual measurements PM me) .....t shirts with embroidery on them would be great for her

a tote bag or throw pillows or a wall shrine of my dog (I have many pictures on my computer I can send you...)

*   an embroidered art piece of my dog (once again I can send pictures of her).....she's very old (she'll be 15 in July)....and even though I want her around for at least 100 more years...it probably won't be that....so I would love art pieces with her as the subject that I can hang up

a slik screening kit....it doesn't have to be anything too fancy. I would love to silk screen bags but have no idea where to begin, plus next quarter there's a silk screening class at my school but I need experience with it before I can sign up for the class.....

a really nice record bow - it would be great to keep things in here on my computer desk  -thanks taloola!

plushies - I love seeing all these great stuffed things people make...I'll list things I like later

* sushi or steak themed  things - I would loooove messenger bags or tote bags (straps at least 23" long), pillows (ah! throw pillows in the shape of pieces of sushi and a steak! lol), journals, dog clothes, stationary, etc)

*   felt with prints on them - I can only find plain felt here in my town and I would love some of the polka dot felt I've been seeing around   Thanks TalkAboutLush!

back issues of 'The World of Cross Stitching" or "Cross Stitcher"...both are British magazines (any issues but....The world...I have the one with an elephant feeding a robin on the front....and for 'crossstitcher'...I have the issue with two elephants sledding on the front of it....so any issues besides those two.) I would really like issue 101 of 'The world of Cross Stitching'...it has a bear baking on the cover...

*   something crafty with American Sign Language....like embroidered or something...cross stitch? with my name 'Danielle' - I'm taking ASL right now and it's really interesting...

*   Law and Order stuff!- I would love a tote or messenger bag (straps at least 23" long) with an image of Benson & Stabbler on it....the one from TV guide....where Stabbler's in a straight jacket...HOT. lol But anything Law & Order or Law & Order: SVU would be great!

birthday wishes and surprises! - oh oh oh! like a big felt birthday cake! or something. hehehe - my birthday is on Feb. 3 (ah next friday!) and it's another year I'm away from home with nothing to do or celebrate....so I'd love crafty birthday wishes and surprises!

If I think of more I'll edit the post...lol It's so hard thinking of things I want. lol

My name's Danielle....turning 21 on friday (feb 3). I'm in Washington currently (a long way from home which is back in Vermont). I'm a student of The Evergreen State College.
  I have a dog, her name is Sara and she's a smooth fox terrier.
I love bats, images of - steak, sushi, cupcakes, cake. I absolutely adore kawaii stuff. I'm going to school to be a writer...a better writer. lol Typewritter images.
  As far as shows go....I like Law & Order, Law & Order: SVU, Nip/Tuck, Married with Children (swoon), Aqua Teen Hunger Force, OZ.
  I also love the Sims & Sims 2.
 Favorite colors: blue (any blue but pastel, neon, and navy), burgundy / wine, pink (any pink but neon, magenta, and pastel), black, olive green or a nice deep tree green.
  Colors I DISLIKE: yellow, orange, white
 Any other questions feel free to PM me!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006 11:55:15 AM by mistress_batty » THIS ROCKS   Logged
tsubomi_chan

No place I can't be

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006 01:13:15 PM »

Here's my list of wishes, in no particular order.

- a wallet. I've had my current one for about 4 years now and it's been dying. . .

- I'd love a messenger bag or any sort of bag big enough for giant college textbooks.   Kittykill took care of this in the heart swap, thank you!

- anything knit. A scarf, panta, bag, anything! I love knit things and I am really horrible at knitting. Thank you redpopsicles!
- cat toys. I've got a new kitty and he gets into everything.

- fun accessories. something sort of nice so I can still wear it at work, but still fun enough to break up my boring all-black dress code.

- anything having to do with Firefly/Serenity. My favorite character is Kaylee, and I'd love a Jayne hat.

- a stenciled hoodie with any design or color other than neons. womens size small or medium. I love just curling up into a hoodie, not matter what the weather is like.

- embroidery supplies like needles, transfers, floss, etc. Thank you kluckingbear
- a pin cushion. my little boxes are no longer safe from the kitty. Thanks again kluckingbear. You're spoiling me!

- fabric. you can never have too much

- a laptop cozy for my 15.5 widescreen Toshiba. hopefully a bit padded, since I'm sorta hard on my stuff.

- something with cherry blossoms for my room

- a suprise!

About me:
My name is Julie and I live in South Florida. I'm turning 20 on February 8th.  I'm going to college and am probably going to be a business major. Like I said above, i have a little black kitten named Zen, and my da has a black greyhound named Morgan. They're the spoiled brats of the house and I end up crafting more for them than for myself  Wink  You can find out more about me by clicking on the link in my signature.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006 07:55:01 AM by tsubomi_chan » THIS ROCKS   Logged

determinedimprovisation

overly-excited crafter of all trades

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2006 03:14:07 PM »

this is such a great idea!  (especially because i tend not to get presents.)

my list, in no order:

--spinning kit or supplies.  i want to make my own yarn so terribly.

--needle felting supplies.  had the boy drive me 45 minutes to the yarn store and bought myself a present!

--long sleeved shirts.  sewn, embroidered, anything!  all of mine are from 7th grade.  i'm a small-medium, but long-waisted.  pm for measurements.

--silk or alpaca yarn.  any color or weight.  and i am completely fine if it's your leftovers.

--this is a not-crafty item, but... levi's signature stretch lowrise bootcut jeans, size 1 juniors, medium length.  UPC: 052176138810  i have one pair and i LOVE them, but they can't last forever.  i have looked high and low, and they are now only available at kmart (ick, i know), which is several hours away.  if you feel the need to be crafty, you can embellish them, but seriously, i will love you forever if you buy me these jeans. 

--a watch i can wear everyday.  right now i'm using one i got at the dollar part at target.  i'd prefer if it showed the date.

--sewing supplies/patterns  my mom is getting me a sewing machine, so now i need goodies to go with it.  i plan on sewing clothes mostly.

--book-related things  i'm an english/creative writing major and i want to write children's books one day.  i like lemony snicket, the golden compass, white oleander, the wainscot weasel, dinotopia, etc.  something crime and punishment/ raskolnikov related would be awesome.  i do NOT like harry potter or the chronicles of narnia.

--sturdy socks i love cute socks, but they wear out easily because i walk all day.

--de-stressing things  my boyfriend has been frustrating me of late, and the walls in my building are paper-thin so everyone can hear everything, and frankly i can't stand enya at all hours of the night.  i don't do bath/body type things because i am randomly allergic to scented things, and i don't have a bathroom.

--foster's home for imaginary friends stuff  i think i'm addicted.  my favorite characters are koko and eduardo.  anything besides a shirt would make me happy.

--surprises!

about me  i'll be 19 on the 7th.  i go to OU, but i don't care for it or the state of oklahoma.  too windy, terribly slow traffic (i'm from dallas), too boring, and no chipotle or good chinese.  i like purple, silver, and earth tones.  i don't like orange, yellow, or gold.  i don't like trendy things or animae/japanese style stuff.  i'm not super-girly, but i'm not tomboyish either.  some days i dress kinda gothy, some days pretty, and some just jeans and a shirt.  i like dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures, birds (i used to volunteer at a raptor rehab center), manatees, and logic puzzles.  deep down, i'm really a 7 year old dork.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006 09:50:59 PM by determinedimprovisation » THIS ROCKS   Logged
redpopsicles
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2006 06:46:54 PM »

Hello!  I'm going to be 27 on the 26th! 

Here are my birthday wishes:

-- A Mini Bowling Ball Bag http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=64535.0

-- Decorative Stitch Markers for knitting needles sizes 10.5 and above (up to 19).  These are SO hard to find, and I've seen so many cute ones here on Craftster!

-- Laptop Protector Case http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=39889.0 You can PM me for dimensions.

-- A tote for my knitting projects maybe similar to the Jordy Bag http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=32204.0 in shape, but larger. (I really like courderoy!)  You could decorate it if you like with something based on my likes if you want.

-- Wig head forms for displaying my large wig collection

-- Zip-up hoodie with some kind of decoration (stencil, embroidery, screen print, etc.) based on my likes listed below.

-- A sweet new guitar strap with some sort of images or something else cool.

-- A reconned cardigan with some kind of embrodery or patches on it (on the front either on one side or both) Women's Medium or Large

-- A learn to make dolls/stuffy people kit.  I really want to make some little dolls (probably some Harry Potter characters or some other sorts of quirky dolls), and I really don't know where to start.

--A necklace to wear with my lower cut shirts.  I prefer silver over gold.  Here are a couple I like (for inspiration):
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=67264.0

-- A SURPRISE!

-- Shrinky dink supplies.  I can't seem to find them anywhere.

-- Yarn, Yarn, Yarn!  Who can't use more yarn?  It would be awesome to get some kind of wool I can use for felting. I'm not much in to fun fur or anything, though. 

--Some sort of t-shirt or tank top (Youth XL regular tshirt/Women's Large)with a stencil/screen print/transfer of one of my likes.  Some ideas off the top of my head could be "I solemnly swear I am up to no good." or something with a Dorothy Parker image or poem (PM me for more info on Dorothy Parker quotes/poems I like) or just PM me for any other ideas  Wink  Oh, something with a fish/pisces theme would be cool, since this is the February Birthday Swap  Grin

My favorite colors are blues and greens (think of the ocean), although I have been liking pinks and reds and oranges and purples all together lately (think Moulin Rouge eccentricity).  I also like combinations of brown and pastels (brown/pink and brown/blue).  I really like the rockabilly/psychobilly/punk look and the music that goes along with those subcultures.  I also rather consider myself an aging riot grrl (although I'm only 26).  I also love the 1920's/Jazz Age.  For reading I like F. Scott Fitzgerald, Dorothy Parker, the Harry Potter series, the Stephen King Dark Tower series.  I like nautical stars, old school tattoos (Sailor Jerry), pinups, astrology (I'm a Pisces).  I like polka dots, stripes, stars, cherries, dragons, and fish, martini glasses, and whatnot.  If you have any other questions, just shoot me a PM. 

« Last Edit: February 07, 2006 10:50:44 PM by redpopsicles » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zanti MissKnit

Formerly known as AndreaLH

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2006 09:45:14 AM »

Hi, my name is Andrea and I will be 37 on February 12.  I live in Cambridge, Massachusetts and am hoping for any of the following:

1) a crochet cloche hat.  I don't know how to crochet yet but I've been admiring everyone's hats!

2) an iPod cozy.  I have a standard-sized iPod (i.e. NOT a Mini) that I haven't gotten around to making a cozy for yet.  Something with a cute kitty or frog face would be great!

3) nice beaded stitch markers -- go crazy with colors and sizes; I have knitting needles from size 1 to size 17!

4) original artwork.  I'm not very good at painting!

5) a Japanese-style felt stuffie (I especially love the "clumsy mascots" like these:  http://makeashorterlink.com/?R2B04229C

6) handspun yarn!  I love everyone's creations!

More about me:  I love almost every color, but lately purples have been floating my boat.  I also love pink (especially BRIGHT pink), bright blues, and red.  I love cats, reptiles, and horror movies (especially zombies!).  I have 4 days' worth of songs on my iPod and put it on shuffle and let it rip -- my musical taste varies, but I love the Ramones!  I also love lots of Japanese pop, indie, and punk ranging from Guitar Wolf to Puffy Amiyumi to noodles to Bleach.  I knit obsessively, and my husband Mike and I watch movies obsessively (the two go together quite well!).  My favorite fashion era is the 1960s, followed by the 1920s, which means I can appreciate both hugh technicolor daisies and rich dark silks, velvets, and lace.

Thank you for whoever decides to craft for me!

Andrea a/k/a Zanti MissKnit
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dynamine
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2006 11:53:01 AM »

hiya...my birthday is 2/26, and this year i'm gonna be 32! yeep  Lips sealed i've been having a bit of a crappy last year or so, so i thought this would be a rather nifty little pick me up.

my goofy wishes, in no particular order are:

dia de los muertos cross/wall hanging. a clear idea of what i mean can be found here, http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=77388.0 . anything along the lines of this piece would be wonderful...

a handmade doll. along these lines: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=73539.0 or http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=70948.0 . i think both of these are beautiful...

a journal. i lovelovelove this geisha one to pieces! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=77608.0

a roll for pens, pencils, paintbrushes. i really love the roll up thingys people make for their knitting needles and whatnot. i don't knit, but boy, i sure would like to have one for my pens & pencils. (the kimono fabric is especially lovely: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=69952.0)

a bowling bag purse. i can't seem to ever get the hang of purse making....i dunno what it is, i just cannot do it! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=64535.0 i really like this one, though, and would really dig one in deep red, black or leopard print.

your leftovers!! fabrics: velvets, fat quarters in stripes, polka dots or asian prints. beading materials: reds, dark blues, black & grey...basically anything you wanna get rid of is swell by me.

a surprise! 'cos hey, it's always nice to have a surprise, right?

me? hmm...i love black, red, deep bruisey blues, lime green and hot pink. i, too, heart zombies! (what it is about feb. folks, i wonder?) i love my cats, bats, my eighteen month old son, and running around photographing falling down things. i listen to a lot of music from the 1920's-1940's, love roaring twenties style and sass--flappers, vamps & unconventional women of the time make my day, sushi, polka dots & stripes, sailor jerry and vintage tattoo flash, calacas y calaveras....the list could probably go on...i've lived in philadelphia for the last 4 1/2 years, but lately i find myself missing home (southern cali.). i dig most everything about the whedon-verse, CSI, cowboy bebop, tim burton movies, japanese samurai flicks, film noir and silent films. my favourite actors are louise brooks, clara bow, johnny depp, kate winslet and toshiro mifune. favourite pin-up artists are alberto vargas, bunny yeager & iriving klaw's photography, and billy devorss. i read hunter s. thompson, nick hornby, jennifer wiener, dorothy parker, sylvia plath, true crime novels, and chuck pahlaniuk.  i think i've said enough to put a pretty good idea of me out there, so i'ma stop now. Wink

thank you very, very much to whomever decides to craft for me!! i will greatly appreciate it...

-kat.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2006 12:13:11 PM by dynamine » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/dynamine/
http://tinydynamine.etsy.com
Humans have a knack for choosing precisely the things that are worst for them.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Mix Unpredictable Pieces for the Perfect Look
How to Style a Pleated Skirt
How to Wear an Oversized Blazer
8 Perfect Outfits from Taylor Swift in NY
The Worst Dressed Celebrities Of The Week
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...