hahaha so you are not sick of tulle
oooh i love tulle! it is so easy to sew...though it is a pain in the ass to cut it....
this skirt has 4 tulle layers....and the fabric has small blue and red hearts..
what do you think
a. for the waistband -> decide where your band should sit…and measure from the upper the length of
your waistband – take the hip measurements (notice, that the upper measurement is smaller)
b. the skirt (tulle + fabric) -> you should take this measurements after finishing the hem, keep in mind
that you might have modifications on your waistband (called hem on my painting...i don't know how to
2. Now we sew the waistband…you have 4 parts to draw and cut! The parts should be curved lightly,
especially when you have a hollow back! Sew the sides together (fabric and lining), so you have 2 long
3. Now wright sides of those parts together and sew the sides and one length…the under seam stays
open….now turn it and iron it! Now you make a round and sew the open length! The part where you
will add your closure at the end has to be sewn together!
4. Now measure the outline of your waistband hem and divide trough 4! Fold your fabric to a quarter and
mark your quarter measurement. Then decide how long your skirt should be…mark and cut…now you
have a circle!! Repeat this step 4 with your tulle!
5. Take your waistband and skirt and sew the hole wright sides together.
6. Next step is to add the tulle parts….wrong side of skirt – sew tulle to waistband!
7. Turn!!! And WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW…..
PS: Please don't mind asking me, because i am german speaking....there will be a lot of errors
but i think every step will be clear while sewing!
EDIT: after playing with paint for hours and uploading everthing i found this haha : http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=12439.0
maybe this helps you more than mine!