A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,799
Currently Running With Scissors:
733 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Can you stand another question about Knifty Knitters?  (Read 403 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BlondieKate

^^^I wish!!^^^

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2006 06:25:06 PM »

So here it is.  My dad wants to be able to do something with his hands.  The problem is, he's diabetic, and has little feeling in his hands.  He used to be able to knit (in the 60's, of course!), and he's tried to knit now, just because I'm picking it up now.  It's tough for him.

What I'm wondering is if he might be able to use the Knifty Knitters a little easier.

Any thoughts?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Stringing Along
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006 07:50:58 PM »

the tool you use for the knifty knitter is kind of tiny but seems reasonable to give it a try eh?
 If not, why not try and give your pops some size (US) 19's? he can always use like 2 or 3 yarns  mixed together to make some cool scarves or a big bulky sweater or anything. But why not give the knifty knitter a try? You can get a set of them with a (40% off)  coupon at AC Moore or joanns or Micheals right? worst comes to worst he doesn't like doing it, or it's too hard also  and you can give it to one of the kids in yer fam. you could also try weaving with straws, thats pretty easy on the hands...

take 3 straws or more, thread them with yarn, tape one end of the yarn to the straw, let the other end hang down, line the strings up and tie them at the bottom( leave like 3 feet or so) and then tie a yarn end from the ball onto one of the straws, and wrap around over/under style. you keep pushing the yarn down as the staws fill up. you can make some cool fabric like this...I've made tons of belts and straps ,headbands etc.

good luck, hope your pops likes the knifty knitter!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Rap Manual: Lesson 6
Rap Manual: Lesson 5
Rap Manual: Lesson 2
Rap Manual: Lesson 1
Inside The Wondrous World Of Art
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...