A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 299,168
Currently Running With Scissors:
607 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: lookie! creative writing final ;; an altered personal anthology book.  (Read 3490 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

foureyedgirl
« on: January 29, 2006 11:09:36 AM »

i can't believe i never thought of posting this before. last year, when i took creative writing, our final was to create a personal anthology out of a blank childrens book. here's a few things out of mine. all the text in the book, except for a short story in it, was printed on vellum paper.

the title is called 'story of a girl', based off a song. "this is the story of a girl who cried a river and drowned the whole world.." ..yeah. i had it stuck in my head when i was thinking of a title. anyways, all those little bits of text are various peices of songs, quotes, and my own writings. the gloss i used over it smeared some of the ink, makes for a cool effect.

dedication page and table of contents. the sections are 'favorite poetry', 'short story', 'my thoughts on the short story', 'favorite book', 'memory map' (memory poem we wrote), 'headline poem', 'own works', 'favorite songs', 'quotes', and finally, 'pictures'. i love my titles for the sections.

my headline poem and two of my own written works. on the plaid page, the small poem is about wishing on stars, and the larger is a 'note' poem; we created it out of the notes we've written, like you have on the table and stuff to your parents/siblings/whatever.

the quotes page. you can kind of read them..sorry for the slight blurry-ness.

i wish i took a picture of it but the last page of the book is a blank white page and, in stickers, says 'the end.'  i hope to create another one soon for my years at highschool, since i'm graduating this year. ...i think i got a 96 on this one..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what inspires you ?
lollipop
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006 12:52:25 PM »

that's really cute... Smiley I've always wanted to do something similar, but I haven't found the right kind of book yet....  Undecided oh well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If adventures do not befall a young lady in her own village, she must seek them abroad.
-Jane Austen
reitsellovzier
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2006 12:53:08 AM »

Wow, that's really inspiring.  I like it a lot.

Just out of curiosity, which children's book did you use?  It almost looks as if you painted white over the cover and used Mod Podge or something.

Very cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftylucy
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2006 12:55:27 AM »

I love this! The vellum paper adds a nice feel to the book Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
foureyedgirl
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2006 10:20:01 AM »

@reitsellovzier: it's actually a blank children's book that my teacher had bought specifically for the project.

@craftylucy: the vellum paper was a last minute decision. i saw it in a.c. moore and i realized with it the backgrounds from the pages could show through, instead of trying to print on the paper or pasting ugly white blocks in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what inspires you ?
fancycrafter
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2006 12:25:54 AM »

I love that! You've inspired me to make one, but what all do you put in something like that?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
foureyedgirl
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2006 01:11:34 PM »

well ours was an assignment, to create a book about ourselves with certain things like our favorite songs, short story, novel, etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what inspires you ?
fancycrafter
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2006 03:48:06 PM »

Oh, like favorite memories, favorite things, favorite quotes, ect.! That's cool, I really like that! I'm making my book right now!  Thanks for the wonderful idea! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rowlly
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2006 05:00:13 AM »

I've been wanting to do one of these also for a while.
One about me and what I like and what I like to do etc.
Or one about all the things in life I want to do and see and experience,
this would make interesting viewing in years to come. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*UR_MOM*~
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2006 07:48:54 PM »

omg thats soo cool! im soo gonna steal that! lol if u dont mind! Cheesy Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Melt Chocolate, the Right Way!
How to Make Healthy Banana Ice Cream
How to Make Mummy Cupcakes
Blueberry-Ricotta Tart Recipe
Edible Eyeball Jelly For Halloween
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...