A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,699
Currently Running With Scissors:
639 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: huntington/marshall u  (Read 10957 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Belle
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2006 08:46:02 PM »

I live in Huntington too. I go to MU but I'm taking a little hiatus until next Spring.

It's nice to know there are crafty folks around here after all. I had given up hope!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All mistakes are intentional... until I learn how to fix them.
leighannester
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2006 07:22:55 AM »

I am in South Point, Ohio.  I'm a Marshall Alumni.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AModernMantra
Sprrrriiiing!

Oh, hai, I upgraded your leaf.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2006 10:53:16 AM »

Whoa whoa whooooaa, a topic that actually forced my lurker self to log in and post!

I think I recognize you, tawna1121. Weird stalker question -- do you volunteer with SAPB and came to Women's Studies meetings to update us about Rock Against Rape? If not, then maybe I'm nuts and don't know you.

Awesome, craftsters at MU! <3 I had heard of a knitting group (stopped and chatted to a girl knitting outside Harris one day, was that anyone here?) but I used to work at the time they met.

I don't know why I'm so surprised that more local people know about Craftster, besides myself and friends I've introduced to it. We really should have some kinda crafty club get-together thingie.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

43 Things | Wists

I <3 personal swaps!
tattooed_dork

physics makes us all it's bitches

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2006 03:32:53 PM »

that would be awesome. if i could get off work, that is. i'm definately interested. if anyone wants help organizing it, i'd chip in. i'd love to meet some fellow craftsters! i prolly couldn't do it myself tho. damned job! *shakes fist angrily*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"This calls for a delicate blend of psychology and extreme violence."

support a tattoo craft challenge! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=16743580.0
funkyhooker
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2006 03:03:35 PM »

Hey,  Does anyone know of the Stitch and Bitch here in Huntington.  I heard some girls talking about it at our knitting circle at ACMoore last month but I didn't catch where it was!  Any hints?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I wist! http://www.wists.com/savagerabbit

-----BEGIN KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
K E R Exp+ SPM Wood+ Bamboo ++ Steel+++ Baa+++ Syn-- Nov Lux+ @ Stash+++ Scale+ Fin Ent- FI- Int- Tex+ Lace-- Felt++  Flat Circ+ DPN+++ ML-- Swatch-- KIP+++ Blog SNB+++ EZ? FO? WIP3 F-- DK++ ALT Cr X Sw  
-----
tattooed_dork

physics makes us all it's bitches

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2006 07:53:44 PM »

local stitch and bitch ? that's awesome. too bad i don't knit. :*( i'm trying, tho!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"This calls for a delicate blend of psychology and extreme violence."

support a tattoo craft challenge! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=16743580.0
AModernMantra
Sprrrriiiing!

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2006 09:27:38 AM »

I've wanted to start a campus SnB; I hadn't heard of any group at MU or in the Huntington area. I'd love to go if you find any info on it (I'd be crocheting from Happy Hooker, though, unless anyone is patient enough to start me on knitting!). There are other students around that would be a part of this, too. I'll search around and see if I find out anything about a Huntington SnB.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

43 Things | Wists

I <3 personal swaps!
AModernMantra
Sprrrriiiing!

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2006 11:26:01 AM »

Someone created a Huntington SnB yahoo group, but the last post was from Feb. I joined and messaged her, so maybe we'll hear back. :-) I'll also go by the yarn shop and the bookstore to see if there are group flyers.  Funkyhooker, it said they meet 6pm Thursdays at the Pullman Starbucks. We could try catching them! haha :-)  I wish they didn't use Starbucks, though; Java Joint would be a much better place.

If we don't find an existing group, we can easily start one (as we look, or whatever). I'm off work by 6 on weeknights, don't work weekends, so any evening or weekend time would work for me. What times are good for you guys?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

43 Things | Wists

I <3 personal swaps!
funkyhooker
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2006 04:53:45 PM »

AHH!  too cool.  Do tell me if you hear back!  I'm a bit far removed from the college set but the gramma group I stitch with at ACMoore is a little uptight for me too!  (they just died when I had my stitch and bitch books out where everyone "could see them!" at one of the meetings)  The group owner said that the owners of the store were "good respectable christians" and I told her that I personally took offence to that.  As if I were NOT.  whatever.  I want a Tshirt with the word "BITCH" enblazened across it to wear to the next meeting! LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I wist! http://www.wists.com/savagerabbit

-----BEGIN KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
K E R Exp+ SPM Wood+ Bamboo ++ Steel+++ Baa+++ Syn-- Nov Lux+ @ Stash+++ Scale+ Fin Ent- FI- Int- Tex+ Lace-- Felt++  Flat Circ+ DPN+++ ML-- Swatch-- KIP+++ Blog SNB+++ EZ? FO? WIP3 F-- DK++ ALT Cr X Sw  
-----
AModernMantra
Sprrrriiiing!

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2006 11:32:14 AM »

Oh, geez!  Roll Eyes I guess they wouldn't like the HAPPY HOOKER book, either. hehehe

What evenings are good for you? We can start a group and gently lure in others. I hope everyone feels welcome... even if their book says *gasp* Bitch...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

43 Things | Wists

I <3 personal swaps!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hair Extensions For Fine Hair
Volumizing Limp Locks
Eugene Soulieman on The 80s Hair Trend
DJ Riggs on the Mara Hoffman Spring 2012 Hair Trends at NYFW
See If This Ionic Brush Can Really Smooth Frizzy Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...