A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,857
Currently Running With Scissors:
786 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: huntington/marshall u  (Read 10527 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

JupiterLullaby
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2007 06:00:25 PM »

Just popping in to ask if the Huntington SnB group still meets on Wednesdays.  I was talking about starting a SnB group here with one of my friends if we couldn't find a close-by one, and it would be great if you're still meeting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Get a Moola invite!

jupiterlullaby
live.  learn.  life.  love.  die.  dust.  gone.

[[formerly xkacie]]
JupiterLullaby
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2007 12:05:09 PM »

Found my answer on the knithappens forum (http://www.bust.com/snbforum/index.php?topic=1839.0)!  In case anyone else is interested, here's a copy and paste of the post there, originally posted by a user named Kpuppy.

UPDATE on the Hungtington SNB! We now meet at the Java Joint (directly across from the Marshall campus) at 6 on Thursdays! Everyone is still welcome to come over, even if you've never picked up a stick or hook in your life. "We" (as in, not me, I suck at teaching) will help you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Get a Moola invite!

jupiterlullaby

[[formerly xkacie]]
AModernMantra
Sprrrriiiing!

Oh, hai, I upgraded your leaf.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2007 03:08:47 PM »

Yep! We still meet on Thursdays at 6pm inside of Java Joint. Are you one of the girls who recently started coming? I'm Michelle... I was MIA for a few weeks, but I was there last week & at our holiday party this past weekend. :-)

If anyone else is looking for a group in Huntington, don't be shy - come join us!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

43 Things | Wists

I <3 personal swaps!
JupiterLullaby
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2007 09:29:11 PM »

No, I've not been able to come yet because of band rehearsals and work, but as soon as I'm able to I'd love to come!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Get a Moola invite!

jupiterlullaby

[[formerly xkacie]]
CSIcrafter

I am a PowerPuff Girl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2008 07:54:29 AM »

Whoo!  Marshall Alum and currently work for Marshall.  I highly recommend the SnB group on Thursdays.  Even if you don't knit.  We also crochet, tatt and recently a few members took up spinning.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bubbles: It's not fair! I'm just as tough and strong and mean as Buttercup and Blossom, but they just don't believe me. They all treat me like a baby. I'll show them. I'll prove that I can be... hard-core!
AModernMantra
Sprrrriiiing!

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2008 08:00:27 AM »

Just posting to say our SnB is still going strong! We now pretty much take over the back room of Java Joint every Thursday night. We'd love to see you there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

43 Things | Wists

I <3 personal swaps!
roundhouseknitter
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2008 05:28:30 PM »

AHH!  too cool.  Do tell me if you hear back!  I'm a bit far removed from the college set but the gramma group I stitch with at ACMoore is a little uptight for me too!  (they just died when I had my stitch and bitch books out where everyone "could see them!" at one of the meetings)  The group owner said that the owners of the store were "good respectable christians" and I told her that I personally took offence to that.  As if I were NOT.  whatever.  I want a Tshirt with the word "BITCH" enblazened across it to wear to the next meeting! LOL

funkyhooker I fell on the floor that was so funny. this area is very church orientated! I'm still grinning.

I am a grandma!! and that is what makes it even funnier!!

I have heard of the S&B group but have never gone. I kinda like things my own way and thats probably why. I used to head a crochet and/or knit group at my local library here in Kenova, east of Htgn just before you get to Ky. Enjoyed it soooo much but I had to stop because of family, family, family bussyness. Lord. Thats what I get for being a grandma!! (I still got the giggles from your post!) And hey I thought you handled that pretty well. Golly gee the book is sold at ACMoore for cryin-out-loud! Good Luck on a get-together. (Maybe somewhere at MU?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
roundhouseknitter
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2008 05:43:35 AM »

here is another get together in Htgn with a few ladies who call themselves the "high noon hookers". i found them on the lionbrand website's club finder. they don't say where they gather but the email addie is afruley@fja-cpas.com. sorry about not knowing how to make a link. still a craftster newbie! and so looks like we have a few options here in Huntington, WV.

you all have a good day!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
roundhouseknitter
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2008 05:45:24 AM »

hey it linked automatically! very nice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AModernMantra
Sprrrriiiing!

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2008 08:07:35 AM »

Hey, thanks! I wonder if that is the small knitting group headed up by a professor. I know there was a knitting group meeting on Friday afternoons last semester (or last year?). A few days ago, I was crocheting at work and a woman asked me about what I was making, and told me she'd been a part of that. I couldn't find any specific info to post, however.

The SnB group is mostly non-students, but I think most of us are in our late 20s/ early 30s. My mom, knitormiss's mom, and some other women who are decidedly post-20s  Wink used to come, but aren't able to now because of work or other commitments. I know we tend to come across as a student group, but we're very welcoming! I wouldn't want people to miss out just because they think it's a Marshall group.

... Just letting people know, in general.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

43 Things | Wists

I <3 personal swaps!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Delicious Turkey Gravy
How to Prepare Ham Boiled in Cider Roasted with Cloves and Honey
How to Mix Halloween Pumpkin Punch
How to Bake Pumpkin Bread
How to Marinade Spicy Vampire Batwings
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...