A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 299,128
Currently Running With Scissors:
583 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 36
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wishlist Swap 7 SWAP CLOSED :)  (Read 38155 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #260 on: February 24, 2006 11:24:29 AM »

Yay! Thanks Seaofstars!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
Bigmouth

Lisa at heart

« Reply #261 on: February 24, 2006 06:06:15 PM »

I'll do pillowcases for dontlookback!
I'm in Ohio.  This is my fourth (one was received).

My list:

1.  Armwarmers/fingerless mitts!  I would love these so much.  I have a great set from knottydottie (in crimson, periwinkle, and gray), and I'd love another.  Any colors.  Really.  A solid, or a pattern, or stripes that don't even quite match.  I really don't care.  I'd just love a second pair.  I have tiny hands and wrists, so I can PM with measurements.

2.  Jewelry!  Necklaces, specifically.  I wear bracelets (little ones--I've got tiny wrists!) sometimes, but I don't wear earrings.  I could probably use pins, too (but not the 1" button kind--they're cute, but just not me).  Could be casual, dressy, whatever.  I need it all. 

3.  A bag or purse reconstructed from something never intended to be a bag or a purse.  I love my purse from umbrellamaker, which she knit from grocery bags.  It's a great conversation piece.  So now I'm all greedy on this wish, and I want more.  Neckties?  License plate?  Cigar box?  Or something else you've thought of and I haven't?

4.  Kitchen decor.  1940s/50s.  Older than the Brady Bunch avocado/brown/orange/yellow combo--think June Cleaver and her pearls.  Kitsch is great, including nasty-looking photos of food.

5.  Dining room decor.  Here's where the Brady Bunch comes in.  I have vintage orange, avocado, and yellow placemats that I picked up at a garage sale.  Taloola's making me a table runner.  Now what?  I'm sure one of you has a good idea.

6.  Throw pillows!  Shaped like something else (don't ask me what... just gimme something funny!), or with vintage Nancy Drew or vintage exercise image--not Schwarzenegger or the Tae-Bo guy, but maybe 1920s guys on the gymnastic rings, or Jane Fonda in her legwarmers, or--this would kill me!--one of those people standing in the vibrating rubber-band thing that was supposed to make them lose weight (not actual exercise, but I remember seeing them in old, b/w sitcoms...probably 1950s or so).  Or none of the above, but something that would go with the deep red/avocado/camel thing going on in my living room--the couch is at least 30-35 years old (and I love it  Cheesy), and my pom-pom-edged pillows are falling apart.

7.  I'm lovin' the d-ring belts.  I need more.  Maybe something black, in a dressy fabric?

About me:  I love things that are clever, odd, and/or with generally unexpected elements.  I'm a total word nerd.  I like vintage styles (1970s & earlier), and I like all colors--even the "ugly" ones.  I'm vegetarian, and I'm not a fan of leather.  Wool is fine, though. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/NilaCeramics
Buttons, dishes, pretty things
hertrigger

Vacation

« Reply #262 on: February 24, 2006 07:33:56 PM »

wait i could be wrong, but pudruff cant claim anyone until atleast one of those people receive?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-- thepromoshop.etsy.com

I am out of state for the month of August. All packages will be sent when I get back home!
Deirdre
« Reply #263 on: February 24, 2006 07:36:19 PM »

Ut oh.

Did I mess up the chain?  I received today.  But now I am looking at the directions and see that my partner has to receive before I can pick agan.

Nuts.  I will erase the post.

Thank you for the heads up Hertrigger, and I hope I didn't screw the list up!

Pudruff
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hertrigger

Vacation

« Reply #264 on: February 24, 2006 07:42:43 PM »

ok i hope i wasnt stepping on anyones toes or putting my foot in my mouth, maybe someone has received and she hasnt updated the list (though im one of those and ihavent received, so i wasnt sure)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-- thepromoshop.etsy.com

I am out of state for the month of August. All packages will be sent when I get back home!
lasandri
originator of the term "crackster", as in craftster is like crack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #265 on: February 24, 2006 07:44:11 PM »

ok i'll make bigmouth some pins, if kanzashi is good for her; i'll stalk her for other types of pins too:)  this is my 6th wish, four received.

my list

crafty stuff

- something to do with typography

- a sock monkey OR a sock monkey making kit -- not like the rockford heel ones you buy in the store, but one with cool socks (stripey or whatever) -- i just got a couple of sock monkeys and now i'm addicted!

- a microscope slide necklace i love this one: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=39105.0 OR a kit on how to make one

- a hoodie with whatever -- stencils, embroidery, whatever. i love hoodies. pm me for sizes

- books with cool knitting patterns! i have the snb set, but not much beyond that.

- handmade knitting needles... any size with maybe some cool fimo ends!

- of course AMIGURUMI!  any animal will do, but i looove dogs, and turtles.

- i would love a journal with mixed paper. something that inspires me to write more than just boring old blank pages! please at least 8 1/2 x 11

- cabled armwarmers. i can make these myself, but i'd like to see what others come up with.

crafty supplies

- roving, i'm learning to spin

- any Handspun yarn -- any color, any texture

about me:
i'm in california and i am a 28 year old grad student. i do nothing except study and knit. sometimes i sleep. sometimes i eat. but anything and everything your heart desires to know about me (from fave colors to fave themes) can be found in my swap info page: www.sandrisuperstar .com/aboutme.html
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006 07:49:44 PM by lasandri » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Deirdre
« Reply #266 on: February 24, 2006 08:02:11 PM »

ok i hope i wasnt stepping on anyones toes or putting my foot in my mouth, maybe someone has received and she hasnt updated the list (though im one of those and ihavent received, so i wasnt sure)

No problem Hertrigger!  I sent to you first, so if you haven't received yet, then I can't claim.  That's cool.   Grin 

I'm really excited for you to receive!  It's like Christmas and I want people to open what I gave them and get all excited and happy.  At least, that's the intent.  I hope you get all excited and happy!

Is that too much pressure now?  Ok, now I'm just ramping up the swap anxiety.  Deep breaths.

Pudruff
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #267 on: February 24, 2006 08:11:46 PM »

Pudruff, You're definitely not alone when it comes to bouts of swap anxiety!  Before I send out my crafted items, I usually have a couple of my friends check them out to get an idea of how my swap partner would react when she first gets a glimpse of the crafted item  Undecided   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Winter Market 2014
aschnebly
I'm AliceKathryn on Ravelry :)

Yarnaholic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #268 on: February 25, 2006 03:37:39 PM »

Thanks hertrigger for your help!

If anyone else still has questions here are some places to get some more info:

If you are new to swapping, please please read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=6553.0

Also please read the first post of this topic http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=76935.0 which has all the info on choosing, and how the swap works Smiley

Also info on being a Friend of Craftster is here http://www.craftster.org/subscribe -- Becoming an FOC has its advantages, for as little as a $12 donation you can have an extra wish pick in this swap, participate in swaps that are only open to FOCs, visit the Private forum for Friends of Craftster to get previews of top secret new features and to weigh in on Craftster in general, have a sweet little icon by your avatar, and you get to give back to this really awesome site, that provides tons of free patterns and advice.

Any other questions about this swap, please feel free to PM me Smiley

I also need those people who I PMed to get back to me as soon as possible.  Some of you have not checked in with me and are late on your send dates, others checked in with me and said they were sending the next day, and never got back to me.  You MUST contact me ASAP

Just to make it clear, If I have messaged you concering your status, I have gone through all the PMs I have recieved from you (sorted them by sender) to make sure I haven't missed something.  So please just kindly message me with your status, rather than implying that I've messed up, thanks, it would help me out a lot!

Thanks for being great swappers  and for all the nice little PMs!  I'll be looking for someone to take over once this month is over, so please PM me if you are interested in starting the next round around March 1st. Smiley
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006 04:29:41 PM by aschnebly » THIS ROCKS   Logged

SewMuch4Kids

My Reality Check bounced.

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 25, 2006 06:07:55 PM »

I claim lasandri who I would love to send a sock monkey kit to.

Grin

My Wish List - so far.........

1. Stitch and Bitch Nation Devil Pants 3T (Please please please please)
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?action=pm

2. Felted Animal or Doll - mermaid, fairy etc.

3. Cigar Box Purse - decorated or decoupage or whatever

4. Blue Sock Monkey Flannel Fabric - Joann's Exclusive

5. I love these sets feministfa made - something like these in a 2T
    http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=77682.0

6. Boutique style beaded bracelet with charm (s) and or necklace for my 3 year old. Also like the

7.Bottle cap necklace - Curious George, Dora, Super Star, anything cute for a 9 or 3 year old.

7. Owl purse like the one seaofstars makes for my nine year old Daughter.

I am in Arizona.
I love stuff for the kiddos - Stacia 9, Artie Joe 7 and Lydia 3.
Love knitted and crocheted things.  I can't do either.
I love sock monkey stuff but not sock monkeys because I make lots of those.  Shocked

Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006 07:09:30 PM by SewMuch4Kids » THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 36 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Save All Changes
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Use the Color Pallet
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to View the Info Pallet
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Assign and Convert Profile
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Set Keyboard Shortcuts
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...