A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,607
Currently Running With Scissors:
460 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ever crocheted a skirt?  (Read 1979 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

eva stars
« on: June 17, 2004 10:18:10 PM »

Just wondering, as I was toying with this idea. Not really sure how it would work, though. I saw a granny square skirt (about knee length) in a crochet book once but didn't read through the instructions thoroughly enough as I was on a quick shopping trip.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Becky65301
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2004 06:22:03 AM »

Seems like you could do it easily enough... If you made a ton of smallish granny squares, and then found a regular skirt pattern you could lay them on top of to match the size of the pieces, and sew them together.

You'd probably need a lining, but if you based it off a skirt pattern you could just use that for the lining.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Princess Dukki
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004 09:26:15 PM »

I crocheted a skirt...  it wasn't a granny square skirt, it was just double crocheted.  I think it was pretty cute though, although I haven't been able to wear it yet (haven't finished the lining).

Here's a picture, if you're interested:

I want to take a better one when I'm done lining it, of me actually wearing it...  I find handsewing so tedious, so I haven't brought myself to finish it yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What was that for?! Chickens are not your brethren!
Tempost
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2004 10:21:09 AM »

I found this today:

http://www.weirdmirror.org/patterns/ribbed.htm
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn, or food? Yarn, or food? .... Eh, I ate last week.
http://makeme.typepad.com
http://hilari.etsy.com
simply
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2004 06:57:25 AM »

crochet skirts:

http://web.archive.org/web/20011118063256/www.cei.net/~vchisam/groovy/skirts.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amie

Get Hooked on Style!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2004 07:11:28 AM »

I once tried to crochet the Felicity Shagwell outfit.  I twas going to be a Halloween costume.  I started on Halloween.  LOL..BIG LOL!  I wanted it done for that day.  It was a last minute idea.  You can guess what happened...or didn't happen.

I still have that project somewhere...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amie

Get Hooked on Style!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2004 04:04:03 PM »

I saw a skirt pattern in a Katia yarn book last night.  I wish I would have bookmarked the page.  If I come across it again, I'l post the link.  Otherwise, check out royalyarns.com.  If you click on "KATIA" on the left side of the page, a list of their yarn as well as pattern books will come up.  It's in one of those books.  Sorry I don't recall which one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FluffyMonkey
i feel my fate in what i cannot fear

The creative mind plays with what it loves

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2004 07:27:02 PM »

wow, that skirt from xiaoyu is pretty fantastic. how long is it and can I get the pattern?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"There are two kinds of strengths: the strength to lead, and the strength to follow; the strength to control, and the strength to yield. There are two kinds of power: the power to strip another's soul bare, and the power to stand naked."
~Yaldah Tovah

On Ravelry! Look me up; there I'm baela.
Princess Dukki
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2004 10:17:09 PM »

I actually used to have instructions online for it, I've been cleaning up and stuff but everything will be put back eventually.  But, I put the skirt instructions back for now, just for you FluffyMonkey Wink so you should feel special.  The page might disappear for a short amount of time, when I do decide to work on things, but it should be fairly safe.

instructions

You can make the skirt as long or short as you want.  Let me know if the instructions work for you!  You might want to modify things with increases or decreases if you make it longer than knee length, but that's entirely up to you.  I like short skirts, even though I'm a wee bit overweight and hate my legs.  If you make it right it can look good.  I'm still working on finishing the lining though...  I tried the skirt on without the lining, and it looks pretty good on me, so we'll see what happens!

Sorry if I talk too much, I'm just soo tired...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What was that for?! Chickens are not your brethren!
FluffyMonkey
i feel my fate in what i cannot fear

The creative mind plays with what it loves

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2004 11:45:13 PM »

Shocked oh, wow, thanks so much. you are my hero, surely you must know that. :: grins :: I'll get started on this really soon (after I move into my dorm and all that . . . mebbe by Christmas lol). Cheesy

Fluffy Monkey Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"There are two kinds of strengths: the strength to lead, and the strength to follow; the strength to control, and the strength to yield. There are two kinds of power: the power to strip another's soul bare, and the power to stand naked."
~Yaldah Tovah

On Ravelry! Look me up; there I'm baela.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
All That Glitters: The History of Shiny Things
How to Crochet a Basket Weave Stitch
How to Make a Pyramid Gift Box
Sweet Peas With Kim Westad
Upcycled Gift Wrap
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...