A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,187
Currently Running With Scissors:
396 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: butterfly mock wrap top with SIMPLE SLEEVE TUTORIAL!!  (Read 29710 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bluefiesta
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2006 11:23:24 PM »

i love the way you did the butterflies. the whole thing looks really nice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

such a pain thinking over the past
but forgetting is much worse..
rockstarcharmer

"Whats a happenin, hot stuff?"

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2006 06:35:23 AM »

I looove this top! curious to know if you could do a tuturiol for the shirt itself. I've been looking for a pattern but seem to follow tutoriols better, more straightforward and easier to follow. Thanks a bunch for the sleeves pattern though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kcfirecracker
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2006 05:21:29 PM »

I love this tut - I also love your V neck tute as well. I have a v neck top, but as its getting colder, I have a question. When explaining the sleeves S curve you say, cut it the amount of the hole. So is the eight inches a straight line, or your s line. I did it with the "s" being the amount, but it really seems to ....shoulder-y. mm. thanks.
-dene
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Are you taking orders, or are you taking over?" -The Clash
emiwcch
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2006 07:00:17 PM »

gee, thanks for the tute! i've been wanting to make sleeved clothing for ages, but have only made tons and tons of pinafores (sleeveless, you see.) but now i can make a shirt with sleeves! one question, though: when you cut the "s" shape for the sleeve, it doesn't matter  what shape it is? i was kinda confused on that part. perhaps i didn't read it right, or something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Know your onion!
MariskaLovesCrafts
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2006 08:27:44 AM »

Cute top, I just love everything with butterflies. Thanks for the tutorial of the sleeves!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaffrin
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2006 11:36:53 AM »

When explaining the sleeves S curve you say, cut it the amount of the hole. So is the eight inches a straight line, or your s line. I did it with the "s" being the amount, but it really seems to ....shoulder-y. mm. thanks.
-dene

The 8 inches would be the s line, but if your fabric is stretchy, you can knock off   half an inch or so and stretch it to fit while you are pinning/sewing.

Then again, winging it/following tutes rather than using commercial patterns is not an exact science, and we aren't all the same shape, so if it doesn't work for you, the best way is to get some cheapy fabric/old clothes and experiment until it does Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaffrin
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2006 11:38:43 AM »

one question, though: when you cut the "s" shape for the sleeve, it doesn't matter  what shape it is? i was kinda confused on that part. perhaps i didn't read it right, or something.

I might be having a senior moment, but I don't think i understand the question  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FaeoftheRoots
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2009 02:58:24 PM »

I realize this is a post from three years ago, but thank you for the tute!  I'm doing some costumes for this summer and was terrified by sleeving - your tute makes it so much easier to understand!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It's an age-old war. Like the werewolves and the vampires. I think Underworld was actually originally about crocheters and knitters but they thought it would be too controversial so they changed it to vampires and werewolves." - Joss Whedon
Upsilon
music + art and craft = me

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2010 06:08:08 PM »

ooh awesome! it is actually so much simpler than i thought it was; i'm no longer scared of sleeves. yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is a Cabaret; i intend to live it to the fullest by filling it with pretty crafty things <3
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Eva Longoria Shares Her Styling Tip To Look Slim
#CandidlyNicole Deleted Scene: The World Is Watching
Your New Summer Tee: Think Prints!
Closet Essentials Every Woman Needs
4 Hot Summer Concert Outfits
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...