A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 309,603
Currently Running With Scissors:
529 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The 2006 Wishlist ROUND 2  (Read 16811 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

thisisserious
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2006 07:51:36 PM »

I know I'm going to end up adding stuff onto this. It is a wishlist after all! Haha.
Please include instructions in the DIY kits. I dont know if thats assumed, but I want to make sure.
If you need measurements for anything, just send me a PM.

Supplies
1. Scrapbooking Supplies ephemera; eyelets; brads; embellishments; stuff to put in a pet scrapbook
2. Jewelry Supplies - beads (not neon plastic); findings; pretty much anything
3. Shrinky Dinks Inkjet Paper I cant find it anywhere around here! =( Thank youuu!
4. Magnetic Snaps any size suitable for making purses
5. Fabric - retro, mod, bright, stripes, polka dots, black & white. solid colors for lining, too. anything over yard would be great.
6. Grosgrain & Satin Ribbon - same as fabric
7. Sewing Patterns Ive always sewn from scratch and only used a pattern once six years ago, but I want to give them a second chance. Id love patterns for dresses and skirts. 
8. Coin Purse Frames not gold colored
9. Yarn
10. Colored Sculpey

Made By You
1. Mixed Media Art
2. Panta - black, cream, or light pink (Obsession was a doll and sent me a cream one, but Im addicted.)
3. Polaroids - anything that makes you feel. write one emotion the photograph gives you in the bottom white space.
4. Lined Stationary fun and cutesy designs; black & white elegant designs
5. Throw Pillow to match the red, white, and black colors of my room. something retro and modern.
6. Pillow Sham for a standard size pillow. gingham fabric. pastel lavender, blue, or green. no zippers.
7. Headbands around 2 wide. not knitted or crocheted. fun patterns and colors. stretchy is preferred, but tied is fine. no green, yellow, or brown. 
8. Wrist Cuff something really pretty like this one or the one lady---luck made. no wider than 2. my wrists are ridiculously tiny. 5 long would fit me perfectly. snap or velcro closure. pink, black, purple, white, gray, and blue. it doesnt have to be all of those colors, but please dont use any other colors.
9. Artist Trading Cards
10. Amigurumi I would love a bear like this or anything else thats equally adorable.

DIY Kits
1. Bookbinding Kit
2. Candle Making Kit

Anything To Do With
1. Pugs
2. Pekingese
3. Octopi
4. Yoda

Other Things
1. Surprise Me!

About Me:  My name is Jade. Im sixteen. I was born in my favorite place, New York City, but now live in Connecticut. I like every color except green and brown. Seven things I love are photography, sewing, crafting, reading, writing, art, DIY stuff, and music. Six books I love are Cats Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut, Hard Love by Ellen Wittlinger, The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky, Tithe by Holly Black, Blue Is For Nightmares (the whole series) by Laurie Faria Stolarz, and The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks. Five websites I love are kurthalsey.com, postsecret.com, etsy.com, craftster.org, and livejournal.com. Four bands I love are Stellastarr*, Tegan and Sara, Death Cab For Cutie, and Panic! At The Disco. Three artists I love are Kurt Halsey, Ansel Adams, and Diane Arbus. Two designers I love are Marc Jacobs and Betsey Johnson. One food I love is sushi.

Seriously, thank you so so so much in advance to anyone who picks something off of my wish list. <3

« Last Edit: February 22, 2006 04:38:47 AM by thisisserious » THIS ROCKS   Logged
hertrigger
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Vacation

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2006 08:17:53 PM »

ok guys im going out of state tomorrow, im going to take all my files with me so that i can update and such but i probably cant get to you ASAP.. PLLEEEEEEEASE dont assume that because you have pmed me that you are crafting for that person and you can post your list. sometimes the person isnt available, so please dont message the partner for sizes and such unless i actually tell you their address and tell you to post your list. please dont post your list unless i advise you to.. thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-- thepromoshop.etsy.com

I am out of state for the month of August. All packages will be sent when I get back home!
Kristen81
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2006 08:52:31 PM »

Hi!  I'm in Winnipeg, Canada!  Oh, If you pick me I would love a postcard from where ever you live too! (Just jam it in the package...thanks!)

Back issues of Bust Magazine

Bloomers (surprize me with style and color)  PM me for size.

Embroidered pillow case  Woo Hoo!  Thanks!

Wool roving for felting

A goldfish, Koi stuffie

Amy Butler fabric pieces (any size)

Clutch purse:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=56537.0
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=24610.0
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=63812.0
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=45211.0

Stencilled or Screened t-shirt...vintage tattoo / swallows pref.  Ladies xl or 1x (something with spandex or lycra if you can...oh I'm a jerk  )

Hat like this (black, choc. brown, white, cream)
http://www.spunkyhats.com/hat_bear_choco.jpg

Anything made from Kimono or Amy Butler fabric

Hi,  I'm 24 I live in Winnipeg Canada.  I love anything Vintage, Kimono pin-up or vintage tattoo inspired.  I have a full time job taking calls for FedEx ...shudder...and have been with my boyfriend for over six years.  My favorite colors are Chocolate brown, aqua, purple, and blue.   
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006 02:52:32 PM by Kristen81 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

WISTS!!!!      http://wists.com/KraftyKris

CHECK OUT MY SWAP BLOG:  http://kristen81.blog.ca/

WHAT'S FOR DINNER? - Recipe Blog!!!  http://kristenskitchen.blog.ca
greenveggie
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2006 09:03:57 PM »

Mmm.. swapping is fun.  Though thinking of stuff is always hard.

1.  A sock monkey or other funky stuffie.  Please give it a name.

2.  Cool buttons. I have some retro shell ones from my grandma, but I can't find her other funky ones and there are times things just need odd buttons.

3.  Zippers, I don't have time to look for them cheap, and I really think I should make another attempt at zippered bags.  Maybe a tutorial on how to not mess up the zipper part... Thank you!  I found some fabric I really want to make in to bags, so this is going to rock.

4.  Small pieces of funky fabric I can use for lining felted bags.  At least 1/4 yd.

5.  Suprise me. I love weird stuff I can put on my desk, or in our office/library.  I like frogs, vegetable theme'd stuff (see previous gallery for why... ) and odd things.  

6.  A needle felted garden gnome.   Not for the garden, just cool like that.

7.  labels to put in my crafted stuff.  Is there a way to make your own? I haven't figured it out.  My crafty name is Happy Veggie

8.  Anything cool and unique from a country other than the US or Canada, even if its a silly postcard.  I love getting mail, especially if it isn't from here.   - Picked twice now for this - Once for Australia, once for the UK Yay!!!! Thank you!- Leaving it on here because I love the stuff and can always use more.

I'm 28, live in Minneapolis, and I am a Craftster addict.  My life is pretty nuts right now, and doing this swap is part of what is keeping me sane.  I love to see what people do, and I love the fact that you can craft for someone and not expect anything in return.  I dig the crafting Karma that goes with that. I hate pastels, I love vibrant things that make me forget it is brown in winter here.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006 07:18:17 AM by greenveggie » THIS ROCKS   Logged
hertrigger
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Vacation

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2006 07:57:35 AM »

we have a gallery kiddies: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=76772.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-- thepromoshop.etsy.com

I am out of state for the month of August. All packages will be sent when I get back home!
Duckie

Fifty-seven academics just punched the air.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2006 07:58:02 AM »

Hey-o! I'm in Ottawa, Canada.

A zip hoodie, plain or with a design.

A stenciled men's medium t-shirt, maybe with a design of Simon & Garfunkel, the Beatles, House (from the TV show), or BlackAdder.

A bag or shirt with Zapp Brannigan (from Futurama) that says "That blackish holeish thing".

A skirt like this.

A shirt like this.

A panta.

A bowling ball bag: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=64535.0

A slouch hobo bag: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=35575.0

A Jordy bag: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=32204.0

A sewn knitting needle case, something like this: ]http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=51175.0] but just for straights, or one just for dpns.

Yarn! Preferably natural fibres, but I am unable to get Caron Simply Soft here, so that would be nice to try. I am WAY into socks now, so some sockweight yarn would be wunderbar.

Handspun yarn! Oh pretty please. Or if someone dyes their own variegated/self-striping yarn, that would be amazing too.

Doubled-pointed needles in sock sizes. (US 2 and lower)

Any knitting or crafting magazines or books.

Quilting fabric - I am a total n00b so at least 4x4" please.

A DIY felting kit

A DIY stencil kit - thank you, mystery sender I do not know yet!

Something with a lime or lemon - stenciled or iron-on maybe some crazy amigurumi style crocheted one?

Something involving a mermaid - the mean kind of mermaid, the type that killed sailors. No Ariel here.

Anything involving Pirates of the Carribean or Jack Skellington (maybe something like this?) would be very cool.

Handmade soap - I love citrus scents.

I know this is going to sound really odd, but it makes sense if you have read the (awesome, incredible, life-changing!) book House of Leaves. I would like something with an image of an ash tree and the words: "This is not for you."

Stationery, especially stuff you make yourself

A piece of embroidery or cross-stitch or needlepoint - I am not sure if these are all the same - to put up on the wall.

Vintage knitting paraphernalia, including patterns and such.

A surprise!

About Me:

I'm 18 years old and living mostly in Ottawa, but sometimes in Vancouver. I'm a history major. I'm way into knitting but I also do some bookbinding and quilting and random crafting. My favourite colours are green and blue. My favourite design styles are tiki, fifties and old (around the twenties to the sixties) children's illustrations. I am also slowly getting into tattoo art. I love old sailing ships and the stories around them - think Horatio Hornblower or Master & Commander. I wear woman's size XL or men's size M shirt. I'm a big ole book nerd, especially Shakespeare. I don't wear much jewelry. There is always more info on my blog, in particular this post about swap info.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2006 08:26:33 PM by Duckie » THIS ROCKS   Logged
sparkles
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2006 08:05:41 AM »

Hello! This is exciting! Here is my list:

1. Any resin-ed jewellery
2. A long pale grey and pale yellow scarf with horizontal stripes. Oooh I would love this!
3. Vintage or retro print fabric
4. Japanese fabric with cherry blossoms and stuff like that
5. Any retro style clothing, especially 50s style skirts and dresses
6. Paper mix journal like this one: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=57967.0
7. Leg warmers
8. A supayana style top www.supayana.com (pm me for sizes etc!)
9. Postage stamp/microscope slide necklace. I tried to make one, but my soldering leaves much to be desired
10. Altoid tins, we cant get them in the UK!
11. A knitting needle case like this one: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=51175.0
12. Any kind of craft kit with a how-to, like crocheting, felting, soap making etc

About me:
Hello! I'm Tess, 22 from the UK. I pretty much love anything that's quirky and handmade! I love bright colours and bold prints, but I'm really not fussy at all! Any creative surprises would be wonderful Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shiitake
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2006 08:55:16 AM »

Hello dear craftsters,here's my list.

C r a f t e d    i t e m s

- -  a totebag or a purse (look at the end if this list to see my favourite colors,patterns etc.)
- -  kitschy jewelry
- - mittens
- - green,simple and long scarf
- - stenciled or recon t-shirt (I'm size S)
- - soap

T h i n g s   I  c a n ' t  f i n d  i n   m y  c o u n t r y

- - skull beads
- - Day of the dead - related items
- - Hello my name is - stickers
- - Mexican stuff    - - -  thank you so much!! :-)
- - funky fibres

O t h e r  s t u f f

- - glass beads
- - skull jewelry,esp.pink skulls are neat
- - paper ephemera
- - vintage/retro/kitscy fabric
- - scrapbook supplies
- - candy/chocolate
- - green tea
- - surprise me :-)

My favourite colours are green,pink and black but other colours are fine too.I like vintage,retro,kitsch,dadaism and funky things.I study textile design,I'm living in Finland and I'll be 20 years after few months.I'm a vegetarian and I'm a green tea- addict.Themes I like : Mexican culture,skulls,street art,nature,romantic...Well I like weird combinations and almost everything in this world! Use your creativity and imagination :-)

« Last Edit: February 08, 2006 06:03:07 AM by shiitake » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mistress_batty
Batty Bat Bat

happy hookin' mistress

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2006 10:31:19 AM »

Okay...I put off putting my list up for so long that we're already onto round two! lol So here we go.....

a sewn journal (the kind where the the covers are fabric sewn to board (at the end I"ll list some likes so you can get an idea of fabric)
  ....I prefer journals around the size of....4"-5" long on the top and bottom and 7" - 8" long on the sides......and at least 100 pages

*   a nice thick journal with mixed paper.....either fabric covered or made from a hardcover book (recon of hardcover book into a journal with mixed paper)

*   handmade stationary sets  (i'll list things for themes at the end)

* fabric.....I love sewing...making bags / purses. I love new fabrics, trying out new things.

*   any neat yarn or HANDSPUN yarn....I would just dye if I could get some handspun yarn...with the gorgeous colors and the little things like ribbon and pom poms and sequins and all kinds of stuff spun into it

*   clothes for my dog (she's a size Medium....if you need actual measurements PM me) .....t shirts with embroidery on them would be great for her

a tote bag or throw pillows or a wall shrine of my dog (I have many pictures on my computer I can send you...)

*   an embroidered art piece of my dog (once again I can send pictures of her).....she's very old (she'll be 15 in July)....and even though I want her around for at least 100 more years...it probably won't be that....so I would love art pieces with her as the subject that I can hang up

a slik screening kit....it doesn't have to be anything too fancy. I would love to silk screen bags but have no idea where to begin, plus next quarter there's a silk screening class at my school but I need experience with it before I can sign up for the class.....

plushies - I love seeing all these great stuffed things people make...I'll list things I like later

* sushi or steak themed  things - I would loooove messenger bags or tote bags (straps at least 23" long), pillows (ah! throw pillows in the shape of pieces of sushi and a steak! lol), journals, dog clothes, stationary, etc)

back issues of 'The World of Cross Stitching" or "Cross Stitcher"...both are British magazines (any issues but....The world...I have the one with an elephant feeding a robin on the front....and for 'crossstitcher'...I have the issue with two elephants sledding on the front of it....so any issues besides those two.) I would really like issue 101 of 'The world of Cross Stitching'...it has a bear baking on the cover...

*   something crafty with American Sign Language....like embroidered or something...cross stitch? with my name 'Danielle' - I'm taking ASL right now and it's really interesting...

*   Law and Order stuff!- I would love a tote or messenger bag (straps at least 23" long) with an image of Benson & Stabbler on it....the one from TV guide....where Stabbler's in a straight jacket...HOT. lol But anything Law & Order or Law & Order: SVU would be great!

birthday wishes and surprises! - oh oh oh! like a big felt birthday cake! or something. hehehe - my birthday is on Feb. 3 (ah next friday!) and it's another year I'm away from home with nothing to do or celebrate....so I'd love crafty birthday wishes and surprises!

If I think of more I'll edit the post...lol It's so hard thinking of things I want. lol

My name's Danielle....turning 21 on friday (feb 3). I'm in Washington currently (a long way from home which is back in Vermont). I'm a student of The Evergreen State College.
  I have a dog, her name is Sara and she's a smooth fox terrier.
I love bats, images of - steak, sushi, cupcakes, cake. I absolutely adore kawaii stuff. I'm going to school to be a writer...a better writer. lol Typewritter images.
  As far as shows go....I like Law & Order, Law & Order: SVU, Nip/Tuck, Married with Children (swoon), Aqua Teen Hunger Force, OZ.
  I also love the Sims & Sims 2.
 Favorite colors: blue (any blue but pastel, neon, and navy), burgundy / wine, pink (any pink but neon, magenta, and pastel), black, olive green or a nice deep tree green.
  Colors I DISLIKE: yellow, orange, white
 Any other questions feel free to PM me!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006 11:56:46 AM by mistress_batty » THIS ROCKS   Logged
animegirlie
crafty nerdy girl

just make stuff!!!

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2006 12:18:48 PM »

Hi Everyone!! I just got approved for my second swap! YEAH!!

So here's the wishlist:

Supplies

1. yarn - any kind really I'm almost out!!
2. jewelry findings (all silver - I hate gold metallic stuff) Thank you Kasie! REPEATABLE
3. silver chain
4. fabrics of any sort see below for colors, for patterns I like floral and geometric Thank you Kasie! REPEATABLE
5. zippers and your own instructions for best way to use them
6. stitch markers for knitting

Crafted stuff

1. A bag like this http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=51662.0 in blue or pink, doesn't need to be vinyl as long as it's cute.  (my sewing skillz are not good enough for this)
2. A zipper pouch (makeup bag size) think sewingstars.com or stitchpixie.com (zippers elude me)
3. A set of hair sticks I have long hair but these need to be short-ish not full chopstick length
4. Big chunky beaded necklace PM me for length
5. Long chain earrings
6. Needle book
7. Stenciled shirt with a gun (walther ppk) and flowers (the S.O. knows how to stencil but damn if it's a little too much to get my head around) Women's Medium Please - but must be stretchy as I'm kinda curvy
8. Cast resin bracelet or necklace I don't have space/ventilation to cast resin.
9. Any jewelry I'm bored with what I have and the stuff I can make well bored with that too Tongue

Other non crafty stuff

1. A learn to knit book ( I know how to make a scarf but I've never followed any patterns)
2. A mix CD of electronica/techno/dance/dub/house stuff
3. A surprise see below for what I like.

About me almost 33 y.o. living in Hollywood. I love dogs, anything ultramarine blue or cobalt, computers, technology, the internet, sci-fi, anime, anything Japanese especially hello kitty and san-x. I don't drive, but I take the train to work subways ROCK! I'm pretty girly, but not lacey and froofy, think candy and pink. I love pink too.However, as an aged ex-goth/new wave chic I'm still addicted to black and all my techno style jewelry (think computer bits and lots of shiny stuff etc). My favorite designer style is Oakley, as in the sunglasses. Dragonflies are my favorite bug, but I'm not a nature girl I love the city pictures of tiny cute animals (like meomi.com) are awesome.  Dress wise, I do conservative but hip for work (I work at an internet company so I can't dress too stuffy) with mostly black, some grey, green, blue, orange, and pink. I'm a t-shirt and jeans girl at home. I hate aquamarine and turquoise.
 Wow that's long.

Oh and NO Disney related stuff

I'd consider myself REALLY lucky to get anything on this list - thanks ahead of time if anyone does send me something!!

« Last Edit: February 14, 2006 09:02:55 AM by animegirlie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bullfighters: The Sartorialist For AOL On
Best Tips For Taking a Great Photo
3 Tips to Taking Amazing Photos From Celebrity Photographer
Abandoned America: Photographer Snaps Derelict Spots Across The Country
Photographer Bryant Austin Reveals His Whale Photography Techniques
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decorative Bulletin Board
Rain, rain, you don't have to go away...
Tute Tuesday: Latch Hooked Rag Rug

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...